U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 01:31 AM

71 posts, read 48,091 times

Advertisements

thanks for sharing these a big big YES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 06:27 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
These are from a website where people are purposefully caught looking ridiculous.

I am overweight and I dress up or down, whichever I feel like. There is not a thing wrong with my hair, I do not ever wear make-up and yes, I have tattoos.

I am sure if I lost weight, bought other clothes, did something different with my hair, wore make-up, and got my tattoos removed, I would look like the perfect specimen of a person that you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Aaaand then you have this

You can't say these people are so busy that they put less care and time into how they dressed than the people in the pics above...if anything it looks like it should've taken some of them a fair bit of time and effort to squeeze themselves into their outfits...

Old 06-27-2014, 08:08 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Quote:
Aaaand then you have this

You can't say these people are so busy that they put less care and time into how they dressed than the people in the pics above...if anything it looks like it should've taken some of them a fair bit of time and effort to squeeze themselves into their outfits...
Ooooh, Cookie those pix are too much! But sadly, those are real people that exist who choose to dress that way. And yes, you see them in mostly in stores like Walmart (where I rarely go). I tend to shop at Target, and almost everyone in Target is dressed like the pix that LadyLexi posted. The women always look good and "put together" even if they are in fitted tees and capri pants. Usually earrings or accessories too.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
I'm at a lost, most people I encounter pretty much look like the people in the picks featured for dressed up, which I consider rather average everyday non dressed up looks. Now on the other end, I don't know where one regularly encounters people dressed like the people in the I don't even know what to call the dress down styles, I don't know anyone that would even sleep in that stuff. But like someone said, maybe they just don't know any better have mental issues or the like.

If this thread was made to help people, I'm not sure the target audience as there are over weight people feature in the dressed up pics as well who look very nice, so is it fat people or just people who dress so extremely horrific, they really shouldn't be let out the house with an advisor or both. There was the, ick I can't don't like the sight of fat/over-weight people. in the early posting to oh just dressing appropriately. I'm confused and if anyone is further confused by what I just said, it's in line with this thread so far.

I say take the advice to the street, because I, highly, doubt anyone on this section of the site wears whats featured in those Walmart shoppers photos.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:20 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm at a lost, most people I encounter pretty much look like the people in the picks featured for dressed up, which I consider rather average everyday non dressed up looks. Now on the other end, I don't know where one regularly encounters people dressed like the people in the I don't even know what to call the dress down styles, I don't know anyone that would even sleep in that stuff. But like someone said, maybe they just don't know any better have mental issues or the like.

If this thread was made to help people, I'm not sure the target audience as there are over weight people feature in the dressed up pics as well who look very nice, so is it fat people or just people who dress so extremely horrific, they really shouldn't be let out the house with an advisor or both. There was the, ick I can't don't like the sight of fat/over-weight people. in the early posting to oh just dressing appropriately. I'm confused and if anyone is further confused by what I just said, it's in line with this thread so far.

I say take the advice to the street, because I, highly, doubt anyone on this section of the site wears whats featured in those Walmart shoppers photos.
I know I sure don't! =/

Old 06-27-2014, 11:07 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
I don't even know where you buy that stuff. :P

Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 AM

241 posts, read 265,892 times
Quote:

It largely depends on where you live. I use to live in area were the majority of people were either obese or overweight, and dressing sloppy was normal. The midwest and parts of the south are espesically bad, it's tough for a lot folks though. The southern diet and non active lifestyle makes it much harder.
The pictures were just so people what I mean by looking well groomed and dressing nicely. As someone who has traveled to a lot of areas in the USA you would be surprised to see how poorly some people conduct themselves and just don't know how to groom properly.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,300,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
It largely depends on where you live. I use to live in area were the majority of people were either obese or overweight, and dressing sloppy was normal. The midwest and parts of the south are espesically bad, it's tough for a lot folks though. The southern diet and non active lifestyle makes it much harder.
The pictures were just so people what I mean by looking well groomed and dressing nicely. As someone who has traveled to a lot of areas in the USA you would be surprised to see how poorly some people conduct themselves and just don't know how to groom properly.
I lived in the Bay Area - not quite the Midwest - but it was kind of funny, most places I went people dressed more or less okay (aside from some of the high-tech engineers but that's another story), but there were certain blocks/plazas where most folks would be sporting that ghetto-wannabe uniform - tight too-small lycra tops and rhinestone jeans for women, with rolls spilling out everywhere, and pants falling off the *ss with oversized hoodies pulled over baseball caps for guys. And even little kids would be decked out in rapper-wear, six year old boys with huge cross necklaces and gelled hair, and little girls in cheap high-heeled shoes...awful. I once stopped by a discount store that I thought was sort of like Ross, wanting to grab some PJs for my son - and saw that pretty much ALL it carried was that sort of awful polyester bad-rap-video crap, I couldn't even find a kid's t-shirt that was cotton. Ugh. AND it wasn't even all that cheaper than actual Ross or Marshalls would be.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:00 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Quote:
I lived in the Bay Area - not quite the Midwest - but it was kind of funny, most places I went people dressed more or less okay (aside from some of the high-tech engineers but that's another story), but there were certain blocks/plazas where most folks would be sporting that ghetto-wannabe uniform - tight too-small lycra tops and rhinestone jeans for women, with rolls spilling out everywhere, and pants falling off the *ss with oversized hoodies pulled over baseball caps for guys. And even little kids would be decked out in rapper-wear, six year old boys with huge cross necklaces and gelled hair, and little girls in cheap high-heeled shoes...awful. I once stopped by a discount store that I thought was sort of like Ross, wanting to grab some PJs for my son - and saw that pretty much ALL it carried was that sort of awful polyester bad-rap-video crap, I couldn't even find a kid's t-shirt that was cotton. Ugh. AND it wasn't even all that cheaper than actual Ross or Marshalls would be.
Men in my area dress up like this:

And stalking innocent shoppers is offensive.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-27-2014 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-27-2014, 01:01 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,783,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I know some of them are staged pics with models, but half the pics are just regular folks shopping at the store. Each picture has people of different shapes, sizes, and race yet the thing they all have in common is they all dress decently, look well groomed/clean and look like they take care of themselves. Those are legitimately the only things that makes them more attractive then the people EvilCookie posted.
LOL

Some of these people look like they came straight from the office.

I'm in jeans and a T-shirt or sweater on weekends if I'm at the store. I'm not trying to impress anyone - I just want to grab my stuff and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or