Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 08:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
The majority of people are lazy these days and are quick to let themselves go. I strongly believe though if everyone put in a good effort in dieting, styling, and grooming most people could be at least average looking. Just look at Europe and Brazil for example, same genetics basically the only difference is they weigh less and dress better therefor look better then the average american. With the amount of european stock most people are mixed with I actually think if people got into shape we could be considered one of the best looking nations in the world. As the russian saying goes,"no such thing as an ugly women only a lazy." This of course also applies to men. What do you think?
Europe and Brazil don't have the same genetics.............and what if you're not of European stock?

I guess the unfortunates among us are just consigned to an ugly existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 08:52 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I 100% agree. Don't people have any pride anymore? If I let myself weigh 200 pounds, never wore any makeup, and walked around in dirty sweat pants I would feel awful about myself. I don't spend hours grooming myself either, but there's definitely a happy medium. I can't people the way people go out in public these days.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:53 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Europe and Brazil don't have the same genetics.............and what if you're not of European stock?

I guess the unfortunates among us are just consigned to an ugly existence.
You missed the point completely. The point is even if you don't have the natural beauty of a super model you can still look nice if you stay in shape, dress nice, and make some effort with your appearance.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
You missed the point completely. The point is even if you don't have the natural beauty of a super model you can still look nice if you stay in shape, dress nice, and make some effort with your appearance.
I saw the op's point. Just pointing out that she/he was using Europe as a model, and that's not applicable for many.

Doesn't matter anyway. I've given up on ever looking like much of anything; my age, stress level and consequent lack of motivation precludes that.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:17 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
I agree with you. I little makeup and hygiene/grooming can go a long way.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:38 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I 100% agree. Don't people have any pride anymore? If I let myself weigh 200 pounds, never wore any makeup, and walked around in dirty sweat pants I would feel awful about myself. I don't spend hours grooming myself either, but there's definitely a happy medium. I can't people the way people go out in public these days.
It goes along with general laziness and apathy. No, people have little pride anymore and they just want to do whatever they want, eat whatever tastes good, wear sweats or pajama bottoms and flip flops, and sit around playing with an ipad.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,379,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I agree with you. I little makeup and hygiene/grooming can go a long way.
Absolutely! Men really need to start wearing more makeup. What's up with that? Letting themselves go around looking all natural and stuff. It's just unsightly that they don't take any pride in prettying up their appearance for everyone else's aesthetic pleasure.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:11 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
I do agree with this

But a lot of people are content with being overweight and frumpy. Those folks aren't trying to impress anyone but themselves (if even that).

Old 06-17-2014, 10:16 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I do agree with this

But a lot of people are content with being overweight and frumpy. Those folks aren't trying to impress anyone but themselves (if even that).
Back to the basics - overweight = frumpy = content

Old 06-17-2014, 10:18 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
Even in this thread we have examples of why Americans are on average less attractive than their European and Asian counterparts

You have people taking offense to the idea that caring about how you dress/style is somehow ridiculous because it means you become a zombie to the media.

These are likely the same frumpy out of shape women who complain that men are shallow for wanting to stare at Irina Shayk as opposed to their 200lb wives

*not that the men in the US are any better. Anyone who has traveled can tell you overseas men care about their appearances and how they dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty