Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:44 AM

241 posts, read 359,986 times

Advertisements

The majority of people are lazy these days and are quick to let themselves go. I strongly believe though if everyone put in a good effort in dieting, styling, and grooming most people could be at least average looking. Just look at Europe and Brazil for example, same genetics basically the only difference is they weigh less and dress better therefor look better then the average american. With the amount of european stock most people are mixed with I actually think if people got into shape we could be considered one of the best looking nations in the world. As the russian saying goes,"no such thing as an ugly women only a lazy." This of course also applies to men. What do you think?

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 06-17-2014 at 01:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
For the most part I agree

Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
For the most part I agree
I'm glad other people agree, in the world with fat acceptance gaining speed it seems like no one besides teenage girls have any pride in their appearance anymore...

Old 06-17-2014, 01:46 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
I feel like a new person - I really can aspire to look like I come from Europe or Brazil!!!!! I'm so tired of looking like "the average american" - I got me some hope and I just know I can change!!!! Heck, I'm as giddy as a teenage girl!!!! I can do it!!!!!

Wait... I also have a mirror...

Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I'm glad other people agree, in the world with fat acceptance gaining speed it seems like no one besides teenage girls have any pride in their appearance anymore...
yep those teens who look to movies and magazines to know how to look, dress and act all sure do have so much pride.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
yep those teens who look to movies and magazines to know how to look, dress and act all sure do have so much pride.
No I am talking about in terms of putting effort in how they dress, or present themselves. Granted a lot of teens aren't exactely what I would classify as "classy," but behavior is not what I am talking about. Elderly women are probably the best at the examplifying modest and classy behavior that so many lack today.
Anyways look as pictures of people from the 50s/60s, everybody was pretty then because of the way they adorned themselves so nicely.

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 06-17-2014 at 02:28 AM..

Old 06-17-2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I feel like a new person - I really can aspire to look like I come from Europe or Brazil!!!!! I'm so tired of looking like "the average american" - I got me some hope and I just know I can change!!!! Heck, I'm as giddy as a teenage girl!!!! I can do it!!!!!

Wait... I also have a mirror...
*Sigh* I don't think you understand what I am trying to get at here...

Old 06-17-2014, 03:00 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Quote:
No I am talking about in terms of putting effort in how they dress, or present themselves. Granted a lot of teens aren't exactely what I would classify as "classy," but behavior is not what I am talking about. Elderly women are probably the best at the examplifying modest and classy behavior that so many lack today.
Anyways look as pictures of people from the 50s/60s, everybody was pretty then because of the way they adorned themselves so nicely.
Things were VERY different back then.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:08 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
So us unattractive Americans need better accessories...

yeah.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:16 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I used to put effort into looking clean and fit, but still was regarded as ugly. I give up at this point, because there is so much more than looks I need to take care of right now. We will see about looks later.

BTW, Europeans only work 35-40 hours a week, with lesser chance of being unemployed. Americans do more like 50 per week (though on pen and paper its 40), and are fired or hired at will. We are expected to do more than just look pretty, and stress of getting fired runs very high here. Company will hire whoever works and contributes the most for minimum compensation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty