U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 AM

107 posts, read 77,188 times

Advertisements

The most compliments and attention I get is when I wear pink, which is also my favorite color!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:57 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,310,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
OMG, I'm so excited to find someone else who remembers that system! So many of my friends and I found it actually was completely on target. I'm an autumn and I had already naturally gravitated to many of the colors recommended for me. But I adopted some of the recommendations and I thought all of them were spot on.

Amazon sells the old book but there's a revised edition, too.

If there was ever a makeup line associated with it, I was unaware of that. Sounds like someone trying to capitalize on a best-selling book.
What she said.
Im an Autumn too. Auburn hair green eyes. For me a light went off when I discovered my "season".
So thats why everyone else can wear .......... and I look like crap.
Im not doing my makeup wrong. Im wearing the wrong stuff.
I used to use CMB makeup. I liked it.

I think Autumns probably get the most from learning our best colors because a lot of us are wearing the wrong ones. Theres a lot of blue and black out there. Green not so much.

I have always loved GREEN. My Mom told me that when I was three I tried to dye my hair green with green food coloring.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:00 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,446,463 times
Peach, pink, red, navy blue, robin egg blue, purple, and black. Nearly every garment I own are variations on the same color theme.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:13 AM

13 posts, read 8,167 times
Blue & tans

Old 06-20-2014, 11:04 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,961,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I usually like myself in light yellow or blue/or blue pin striped shirts with a Navy blue blazer.
Those sound like nice combos.

Quote:
Is there any sites that allow you to put your pic with different color shirts?
I'm sure there are, if you google, but seriously, you could take a pic with your phone & go to Home Depot's paint dept. The swatches today are all over the color spectrum, now that designers like Ralph Lauren, etc have gotten into the home decorating biz. I've seen very vibrant colors & all shades of neutrals. You can even take the paint swatches home with you... just hold them up to your camera face to see how you'd look. Then, cut out the ones you like, tuck them into your datebook & when you go shopping, you have the exact shades to look for... I've done it with curtains, too... carry your swatches (or a square of extra material) & you can match home accessories, as well.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:21 AM

1,484 posts, read 1,962,744 times
Black, charcoal, navy, some very dark greens, and surprisingly turquoise and periwinkle. While most pale colors make me look like a corpse - I can occasionally wear 'oatmeal' or winter white.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:13 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,590,724 times
I have auburn hair and brown eyes. My best colors are mossy green, bronze, chocolate brown, and gold. Some shades of orange are nice, too. Jewelry is gold or copper toned - never silver.

My favorite color is pink, but unfortunately, it does nothing for me.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 PM

7,986 posts, read 6,739,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTanenb View Post
No no don't take it as a common question. Here I would like to ask that which color suits you? And which color you prefer to wear generally?
Women compliment me on my "lovely" blue eyes if the shirt I am wearing is light blue or aqua marine. I rarely ever hear the compliment when wearing other color shirts.

Guess which colors shirts I buy a lot of.......LOL

Old 06-20-2014, 12:31 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,054,564 times
All of my suits, (Jones of NY) Dark Navy, Black, and dark charcoal Grey, I lighten up my look with my Ralph Lauren dress shirts depending on the seasons, or turtle neck knits, and on my free time, tan or navy khaki's or dark blue jeans with and a nice knit short sleeve shirt or sometimes, I go delta ugly with my shorts and tee's, and that's that, lol.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 PM

70 posts, read 70,964 times
I would just like to say:Screw every mag, web page, fashion eidtor and tv personality who wants tell me what looks good! If some one wants to wear a purple shirt with yellow brown polka dot pants. gym socks and 6 inch inch stilettos. Who cares! Society says" no that color; Orange is in! Bite me! We have some many restrictions to live in a country that is supposed 2 b so free; we should at least not have out clothes dictated to us! Really!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or