U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 PM

10,403 posts, read 7,488,333 times

Advertisements

Blues for my eyes, but it's changed since I've gotten older. I like red, not fire engine but more cherry red. I tend to pick up stuff and head for the mirror and put it up to my face. That tells me a lot about whether or not it will look good on me.

I decided a long time ago gray is NOT a good color for me. I just don't buy stuff unless I think it looks great on me and I feel comfortable in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 12:15 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,528,427 times
Top choices: Magenta, hot pinks, red, royal blues.

Close seconds: Purples, mint green, yellow.

Love neons!

Wear white during summer but not in winter or spring.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:34 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,395,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Anyone else remember the book Color Me Beautiful and the concept of everyone having a particular "Season" for their colouring?

I read the book and figure that I'm a Spring. So warm colours and cobalt blues are more flattering for me.

I've noticed that I don't look as good in pale shades as I do in deep, vivid shades.
I also remember that book! It came out in the 80's. The system worked for me. I was a "winter" ( jewel tones). Don't know about the makeup.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:10 AM

1,467 posts, read 921,546 times
I have a very angular face and deep set eyes that make for a lot of shadows. Discovered that white shirts reflect some light on my face so I don't look quite as evil. Of course I keep a black shirt for those occasions when some evil is necessary.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:12 AM

40,992 posts, read 32,712,180 times
Ugh, I love pinks but can't wear many of them. I look best in deep, rich, warm colors - orange, rich greens, warm blues (not navy - ugh), deep browns, tomato reds, and of course, classic black. I have light but warm toned skin, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:07 AM

670 posts, read 761,547 times
Default Which Color Suits You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
OMG, I'm so excited to find someone else who remembers that system! So many of my friends and I found it actually was completely on target. I'm an autumn and I had already naturally gravitated to many of the colors recommended for me. But I adopted some of the recommendations and I thought all of them were spot on.

Amazon sells the old book but there's a revised edition, too.

If there was ever a makeup line associated with it, I was unaware of that. Sounds like someone trying to capitalize on a best-selling book.
I took a mini class on Color Me Beautiful years ago, so I had my colors done by a professional. She told me I was a late spring or early autumn as I am a redhead. Yes, there were cosmetics associated with the line. We got to try some of them in the class, but I did not buy any. I did buy the set of color swatches for my season though.

I look best in rust, peach, greens, browns, brick red, turquoise, marine blue, cream, and charcoal gray.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:10 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,289,090 times
I can tell you about a color combo that does not suit me. Does anyone here look good with a blue dress shirt and yellow/gold colored tie? What complexion and eye color/hair color combination does this work for?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I can tell you about a color combo that does not suit me. Does anyone here look good with a blue dress shirt and yellow/gold colored tie? What complexion and eye color/hair color combination does this work for?
I have 2 friends who do this often. Probably because they are the colors of our alma mater. They have different skin tones, one is olive wih daerk hair (Filipino). The other is a light skinned black guy (think carmel-y toned) with dark hair. Works for both. They where all kinds of blue and gold combos. And have blue and gold ties. We bleed blue.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:26 PM

10,053 posts, read 7,007,155 times
Yellow, white, grey and blue.

I look awful in black.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:50 AM

71 posts, read 48,113 times
blue and green
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or