U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:13 PM

877 posts, read 1,025,727 times

Advertisements

I do have a tan line due to running long distances outside, typically around noon time. I sometimes run for 2 hours at a time and mind you, although I'm not Caucasian I do have very sensitive skin that burns and tans easily (thanks Accutane & Epiduo!).
I make sure to wear a cap though since I still use acne medication and I ALWAYS use sunscreen.

I actually like my skin tone so it's annoying when I get a tan line. It's surprisingly obvious and looks ridiculous when I wear tanks ha.

My derm gives me coupons for $$$ off La Roche products so I use their sunscreens (which don't drip into my eyes) and I also buy Shiseido(sp?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,522,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I actually like my skin tone so it's annoying when I get a tan line. It's surprisingly obvious and looks ridiculous when I wear tanks ha.

Yep, same problem here. I love my skin tone in winter, though. We have a couple weeks of subfreezing overcast days every winter, which help in lightening my skin tone . When spring begins, my skin tone looks wonderful. But as summer comes in it darkens a bit too much. By September, my skin tone has this ugly brown complexion .

Old 06-22-2014, 09:56 PM

26,873 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
^ That for sure. parts of my body, especially my face become noticeably darker during late spring through summer. Even so my face tends to be darker than all other parts no matter the season. Even now my arms are considerably lighter compared to my face though all receive the same amount of sun exposure.
My face is lighter than my arms. My inner arm is lighter and yellower than my face. My face is the only place I consistently use sunscreen.

OP sorry you feel that way about your skin tone and want to lighten.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah, because you're probably not running around naked outside. Your shoulders are probably covered up by clothing, as well as your thighs, whenever you are out in the sun. They're not getting the same amount of sun exposure as the lower portion of your arm and legs are. If you want a more even tan throughout you can either start sunbathing naked, go to a tanning salon and tan naked there, or get a fake tanner to put on the skin that doesn't get as much skin exposure.
Or he can wear sunscreen.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,871,379 times
Is this a serious question. Its called a farmers tan. Throw on a tank top and either get a burn and tan quick or ease into a tan over the course of a few weeks.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:40 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or he can wear sunscreen.
Sunscreen isn't going to help even out his skin tone. All it does is help protect the skin from getting a sunburn. You still tan even when wearing sunscreen.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:51 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,745,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sunscreen isn't going to help even out his skin tone. All it does is help protect the skin from getting a sunburn. You still tan even when wearing sunscreen.
That's true. If he wants to be pale he needs to stay entirely out of the sun and exfoliate.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:23 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,522,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrieros81 View Post
That's true. If he wants to be pale he needs to stay entirely out of the sun and exfoliate.
Which is not going to happen because I love outdoor activity. However, I also like my fairer skin tone as opposed to the darker one. I will use my stash of F & H to lighten my lower arms and tell you guys if it worked.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Which is not going to happen because I love outdoor activity. However, I also like my fairer skin tone as opposed to the darker one. I will use my stash of F & H to lighten my lower arms and tell you guys if it worked.
I haven't yet been able to prevent a tan by using sunscreen alone, though I wonder if a zinc oxide based one will. Clothing acts as a better physical barrier, but it depends on the fabric.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Well, I actually want fairer skin, not darker. Using Fair and handsome sunscreen on my lower arms could ease out skin tone issues. I am not sure though, as its usually used as a face cream and not for the body.
Fair and handsome? What are the active ingredients that actually lighten your skin?
Edit: If it's a sunscreen with zinc oxide, the white cast from the zinc oxide might be what's actually lightening your skin. Kind of like makeup, it's just temporary. When you wash it off your skin looks the same. Zinc oxide is a good sunscreen though.

I think you should see a dermatologist to consult about your skin before spending a lot of money on ineffective creams. He'll probably just say to cover up, wear sunscreen, and exfoliate with a glycolic acid.

Last edited by arrieros81; 06-23-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty