U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:27 PM

2,422 posts, read 3,261,321 times

Advertisements

SAS has recently launched some new, more trendy styles after many years of fairly dated styles so if you haven't looked at them lately now is a good time. I asked the store rep about this and they said they had recently hired some female designers.

You don't mention your size so I'm assuming it is average. I wear an 11.5 wide and sometimes I have to custom order from them to get my shoes in the color/size I want. They will make a shoe custom for about $40 more than the usual price. When you custom order you can also order each foot in a different size. I just found out about this and would have used it in the past had I known about it. The shoes are expensive but super comfortable and last a very long time.

Not all the stores seem to promote the custom order idea (or even be aware of it) but I think you can do it through the centralized web site also. Here is a link to their catalog:
http://issuu.com/creativelinktech/do...700585/7890640

They also make men's shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 09:10 PM

17,892 posts, read 9,831,212 times
Look at The Walking Company. Very well-made shoes. The women's shoes can seem a bit pricey compared to ordinary fashion store women's shoes, but they are very well made and designed to be easy on the foot for extended walking. They also come in wide sizes.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:13 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,102,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Look at The Walking Company. Very well-made shoes. The women's shoes can seem a bit pricey compared to ordinary fashion store women's shoes, but they are very well made and designed to be easy on the foot for extended walking. They also come in wide sizes.
My experience with The Walking Company is that very few shoes are available in wide. They offer well made and comfortable shoes but mainly targeted to average feet.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:41 PM

3,043 posts, read 6,297,554 times
I wear New Balance walking shoes and I know they have wide sizes. What I like about them as I have problem feet is that they have mesh instead of all leather. I used to like the brand Nike when I could find mesh ones but have not been able to lately in walking shoes.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:52 AM

5,115 posts, read 9,411,192 times
Your tips have given me lots of brands to check out...I'm thinking of maybe buying a low heeled bootie, ankle type, to look good with the skinny jeans...which I'll be wearing more than a skirt. Clarks has a style I like that comes in wider width...will look for others, too.

A store near me carries SAS so will check that out, too...

Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 AM

4,736 posts, read 5,936,715 times
FootSmart is my favorite and I've had a lot of success with both Brooks and Saucony brand walking shoes.
Women's Shoes, Men's Shoes, Walking Shoes, Sandals, Slippers, Socks, Support Hose, Foot Care, Orthopedic & Comfort Products :: FootSmart

I am definitely a walker and I've tried tons of other brands, but Brooks and Saucony are very comfortable keepers.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,025,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
FootSmart is my favorite and I've had a lot of success with both Brooks and Saucony brand walking shoes.
Women's Shoes, Men's Shoes, Walking Shoes, Sandals, Slippers, Socks, Support Hose, Foot Care, Orthopedic & Comfort Products :: FootSmart

I am definitely a walker and I've tried tons of other brands, but Brooks and Saucony are very comfortable keepers.
Love Saucony for running shoes, my SAS for everything else

Old 06-22-2014, 11:14 AM

11,426 posts, read 19,433,663 times
I love Lands end all weather mocs. I've had a couple of people say they are geezery, but I think they look fine. They come in wide and are VERY Comfy

Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,542,348 times
I have narrow feet, but some of the most comfortable shoes I wear are my North Face hiking shoes.

Some of the models run wide, so be sure to check them out.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:01 PM

19 posts, read 24,944 times
if this is in the summer, and you have high arches as well as high feet, I recommend orthaheel (now Vionic) sandals. It used to be that I could only wear Brooks Ariel in EE width with orthotics, but now I've found shoes that work even better for my foot problems. Otherwise, I'd say Clarks. I did Paris in Doc Martens 15 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty