U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:01 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,568,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lol at thinking hair loss has to do with atmosphere and food. If that were the case no one in the major Chinese cities would have hair left, and most americans wouldn't have hair either(junk food).
It's genetics, plain n simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
LOL, the baldness gene doesn't move in a linear fashion through only the male's of a genetic line. And the gene will express itself differently in each person. One might lose it at 40, the other at 20, just depends.
I say again, it doesn't have anything to do with diet. I am about as healthy as a human can be and drink/eat healthy, always have been, and I'm losing my hair in the traditional MPB pattern. Genetics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhandsome1 View Post
genetics, stress and nutrition are main culprits after all the curable causes of balding are ruled out..

^^^ and would anyone argue with the Mayo Clinic?
Hair loss Causes - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
It seems like more men start shaving their heads when they aren't completely bald. Men didn't do that when I was a kid, they just tried to be artful with combovers, etc.
^^^I think that is the misconception "that men are balding faster today" since shaving has become
mainstream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 04:28 PM

2,651 posts, read 2,118,753 times
The original question has been asked over the Internet for years, probably because the observation is true. I think earlier balding is due mostly to medication, anabolic steroids, untreated/undertreated diabetes, and poor diets.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:39 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,037,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The original question has been asked over the Internet for years, probably because the observation is true. I think earlier balding is due mostly to medication, anabolic steroids, untreated/undertreated diabetes, and poor diets.

lol. I have literally none of those things and I'm balding young. Why don't you riddle me that?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 PM

10 posts, read 14,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Nope. My Father was bald at 30. I'm 36 and have a full head of hair with zero hair loss.
Whats the difference between my father and I? I eat and drink very healthy for the most part. He didn't.
You only have 50% of your father's genes though. Whatever gene, or genes, are involved in balding you may have inherited from your mother. Diet may play a factor, but if so I'd imagine it's still multifactorial with genes playing at least some role as well.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,873,708 times
Rs6152 - SNPedia

Old 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM

3,442 posts, read 4,475,189 times
Baldness goes waaaaay back.

Snake oil cures for baldness were as popular 100 years ago as those snake oil cures for weight loss are today.

Those snake oil salesmen who traveled from town to town peddling their " magic elixir " for baldness were the Dr Oz's of today on TV promoting fat loss pills.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:56 AM

2,961 posts, read 4,693,910 times
Quote:
thanks for the good laugh.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:45 PM

3,442 posts, read 4,475,189 times
Quote:
I don't think so.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:51 AM

2,651 posts, read 2,118,753 times
Thanks for the ridicule (and enjoy going bald?). Everything I said is based in fact. I did not say the main issue is genetic, which of course it is, but the question is about "balding faster." Genes haven't changed to make men bald faster. The only serious objection should be about whether men are balding faster. Some experts seem to believe it.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:48 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,205,682 times
I'm 29, I have *some* residing but its my own fault. I've done alot of stupid things with my hair. Then again, my two younger cousins on my moms side (grandfather was bald) are bald. They started to go bald at about 24. They are also fat as all hell so they are got bad genes. In fact, I just got a haircut today and the hairdresser commented on how thick my hair is. Its amazing being amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or