Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 10:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

(on their head) My friend and I were talking about this today. We were talking about when we were growing up how our fathers and their peers weren't balding as quickly as it seems guys are now. It seems that young men in their 20's are starting to bald and by 40 they are ALL balding. We don't remember this about men we saw growing up. Has anyone else noticed this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 02:09 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I think early balding is strictly genetics, and I've only noticed it amongst my Caucasian friends.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:48 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
Yeah, I think it's just based on their fathers & grandfathers.

I knew quite a few guys who were balding by high school graduation. They knew it and would always wear caps as a result.

Someone else mentioned race, but yeah, more of a Caucasian thing from what I've seen. Not saying it's the rule, but kinda fits my observations. Hispanic and Asian men tend to have thicker hair into their older years. Again, NOT the rule nor does it apply to all, simply an observation

But if a guys dad or grandfather began to bald at a young age they will likely bald at an early age as well.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:44 AM

11 posts, read 13,797 times
It depends the food, atmosphere & genetics. It does not matter whether you are man or woman. If you won't eat proper diet with protein, if your atmosphere is polluted and if this is present in your gene, then may it will happen.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
lol at thinking hair loss has to do with atmosphere and food. If that were the case no one in the major Chinese cities would have hair left, and most americans wouldn't have hair either(junk food).

It's genetics, plain n simple.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 AM

331 posts, read 547,646 times
What's different is that men wear their hair shorter these days; hence, receded hairlines are more visible. In the old days, men wore their hair long and combed, which gave the appearance of a full head of hair even if their hairline had receded into the classic V shape.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lol at thinking hair loss has to do with atmosphere and food. If that were the case no one in the major Chinese cities would have hair left, and most americans wouldn't have hair either(junk food).

It's genetics, plain n simple.
Nope. My Father was bald at 30. I'm 36 and have a full head of hair with zero hair loss.
Whats the difference between my father and I? I eat and drink very healthy for the most part. He didn't.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:07 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Nope. My Father was bald at 30. I'm 36 and have a full head of hair with zero hair loss.
Whats the difference between my father and I? I eat and drink very healthy for the most part. He didn't.
LOL, the baldness gene doesn't move in a linear fashion through only the male's of a genetic line. And the gene will express itself differently in each person. One might lose it at 40, the other at 20, just depends.

I say again, it doesn't have anything to do with diet. I am about as healthy as a human can be and drink/eat healthy, always have been, and I'm losing my hair in the traditional MPB pattern. Genetics.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
LOL, the baldness gene doesn't move in a linear fashion through only the male's of a genetic line. And the gene will express itself differently in each person. One might lose it at 40, the other at 20, just depends.

I say again, it doesn't have anything to do with diet. I am about as healthy as a human can be and drink/eat healthy, always have been, and I'm losing my hair in the traditional MPB pattern. Genetics.
Diet plays a big part in it, in most cases. Particularly certain proteins. There is plenty of evidence to support this. Google is your friend. Nice try though.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM

331 posts, read 547,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
That's rubbish. Male Pattern Baldness is 100% genetic. Explain how Ozzy Osbourne and Steve-O have full heads of hair after spending their prime years in drug and alcohol binges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty