U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:50 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,532,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I suppose one could wear tights like Pippi Longstocking...but that only works for school-aged girls under 10.
OK, and what is your thought on detachable sleeves for tops. I would really like to see this as a common option in women's clothing. It eliminates layering for chillness entirely. If you intend to be the kind of gal who dresses for utility, this option is very convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:56 PM

28,191 posts, read 43,477,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
Those small, stupid, useless, ugly pockets on the breasts of womens tops. Designers, enough with the freakin' pockets already! Geez
Oh, I don't even CONSIDER those!! With the size of my boobies, the pockets would end up either in my nose or getting caught on everything I walked past.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,137,411 times
I was watching QVC recently when the "wear everything in your closet look came on." I don't care if that is the latest style; I wouldn't be caught dead in it. I don't think I have ever seen clothes that were more ugly and they even made the model look ugly.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:02 PM

2,319 posts, read 1,907,906 times
what's with the short, heavy older women in capri pants/clamdiggers?

Those really only look good on tall, slim ladies or well-proportioned petites, imo

Old 06-29-2014, 03:18 PM

21,472 posts, read 22,718,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
OK, and what is your thought on detachable sleeves for tops. I would really like to see this as a common option in women's clothing. It eliminates layering for chillness entirely. If you intend to be the kind of gal who dresses for utility, this option is very convenient.
Detachable sleeves would be ridiculous. It's easier just to bring a cardigan along, like many women already do.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:28 PM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post

Those really only look good on tall, slim ladies or well-proportioned petites, imo
have to agree.. I see loads of women my age with baggy type capri pants.... and they dont look good...they might think their trendy but looks pathetic to me.. clamdiggers, I love it hahah. reminds me of Doris Day in Young at Heart..

Old 06-29-2014, 03:50 PM

549 posts, read 407,960 times
I won't buy any shirts with chest pockets. For some reason they are usually tiny which looks especially unflattering. I also avoid tops with 3/4 sleeves usually. I don't know why but that is a big thing. Why can't manufacturers/designers create tops with long sleeves, and wearers can choose to push them up? It just looks dated and frumpy.

With jeans nowadays it is near impossible to find a pair with a nice, regular wash and no "whiskering" or fading or holes. The fading looks horribly tacky usually- long oblong white blobs on the front and back of the top of the leg. I've never had jeans fade like that. Besides the point, it just looks cheap and chubs the leg up.

My biggest issue with skirts and dresses is length- many cute styles are un-purchasable for me if they are too short. I'd like to wear them to work and so forth, I can't wear dresses or skirts shorter then an inch above knee. It's hard to find stylish dresses or skirts that are as long as that. I just think manufacturers are getting cheap and don't want to spare a few cents on extra fabric.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:51 PM

2,319 posts, read 1,907,906 times
So the clamdigger issue is an international one

Old 06-29-2014, 03:55 PM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
They just dont look good

Old 06-29-2014, 07:58 PM

2,207 posts, read 3,015,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I can only see it on jackets that can turn into vests. But I think the current solution is attaching straps and buttons to blouse sleeves in order to keep rolled up sleeves in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post

What are they supposed to wear—shorts? If they discovered a more a flattering cut for them, perhaps they'd wear them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or