U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 PM

826 posts, read 964,174 times

Advertisements

Haven't seen them in a while but I hate capris on a women. Very unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:57 PM

4,118 posts, read 3,402,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
the state of maine.....you'd be in good company
Why would I be in good company?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:07 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
244 posts, read 301,698 times
Maybe I'm showing my age, but to me the trend of wearing two (or more) patterns together looks "wrong." I'm talking about people who wear a flowered blouse with a plaid skirt, or camouflage pants and a striped shirt, for example. Until a few years ago such a combination was seen only on little kids who had attempted to dress themselves for the first time.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:26 PM

28,230 posts, read 43,514,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am guessing you are used to the weather there but in my opinion Bay Area Shoreline is very cold for regular beachwear. I needed a jacket while visiting the coast in July because of how damp and nippy it was. Very different experience from Long Island and NJ shore.
LOL... no, I was just using "beach" as a random example. One would have to be crazy to wear sleeveless tops to our beaches!

(although on a day like today, Santa Cruz is probably warm enough for that)

Old 06-30-2014, 09:42 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,547,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... no, I was just using "beach" as a random example. One would have to be crazy to wear sleeveless tops to our beaches!

(although on a day like today, Santa Cruz is probably warm enough for that)
We will see perfect beach weather this weekend. For once its warm, dry, and sunny in Point Pleasant just like California :

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/poi.../2195389?day=6

Sadly, mugginess is fast to return and make all of us miserable .

One thing guys should stop obsessing over at the shore is waxing their chests to act as chic magnets. I sometimes think if spending all that time and money is necessary just for a couple beach visits where you will be shirtless cooling off in 68 F water for at most 3 hours.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-30-2014 at 09:59 PM..

Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Wave Carpetbagger View Post
to me the trend of wearing two (or more) patterns together looks "wrong." I'm talking about people who wear a flowered blouse with a plaid skirt, or camouflage pants and a striped shirt, for example.
I dislike such trends for a reason: if you're slim people will say you're stylish. If you're overweight, or even just plump, people will call you nuts, and say you are lacking style.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:33 PM

1,306 posts, read 1,347,200 times
I can't stand how many clothes are see-through or require layering. I only want to layer when it's -15 out, not when it's a pleasant 75 degrees. The see-through clothes get to me the most. Why is it so difficult to find quality modest clothing? I'm not into the frumpy look, but honestly I am not interested in having people see my bra through my clothes, or giving them a "peekaboo" or wearing long-sleeves shirts over short-sleeved shirts over long-sleeved shirts.

In summertime it's frustrating. I bought these solid color tops from Target which are lightweight and have an okay neckline, but have to wear a specific bra color underneath. When you wear a bra size bigger than a C, it's even worse with necklines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or