Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 04:53 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times

Advertisements

I hate jumpers, dresses with added necklaces or brooches attached, its as if the makers think we cant choose a bit of jewellery for ourselves.. even over embellished dresses and sweaters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 05:30 AM

513 posts, read 737,035 times
Default I agree

^^^ I've actually gotten tangled up in these embellishments!

Another for me is as I've gotten older, it's harder and harder to find clothes that are somewhat modest but still classically stylish, unless I spend more money than I can afford. I don't think I have a body shape that is SO unusual or that different from my younger self, either--just chubbier! Many times trying to shop I just go home in disgust.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:55 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
I've never liked the dresses that have huge patch pockets right at the hips. It makes it impossible to wear a belt with the dress, and more importantly, they really think I need to accent that particular area?

Old 06-27-2014, 06:02 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Women who wear tank tops with their bra straps showing in public.

Sorry to say, but It looks awkward, please cover the straps.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:28 AM

Hate straps too... looks tacky... I saw a tennis player with a sports bra under and ordinary dress straps.. just horrible... another thing I hate are gladiator sandals.. they make feet look massive and not nice at all..overdone prom dresses with criss cross straps at the back.. dresses with side splits that go right up to their hip... cut out shoulders in dresses too.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:00 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Hate straps too... looks tacky... I saw a tennis player with a sports bra under and ordinary dress straps.. just horrible... another thing I hate are gladiator sandals.. they make feet look massive and not nice at all..overdone prom dresses with criss cross straps at the back.. dresses with side splits that go right up to their hip... cut out shoulders in dresses too.
I hate those gladiator sandals too - they don't look good on ANYONE! They actually make legs look shorter. I also hate clothes with built in chains, etc. I also hate baggy sack-like dresses with a dropped waist (although they aren't so common anymore) Lastly, I only like empire waist (high underbust) if it is a fitted or semifitted style, if it is baggy or full it just looks like maternity wear!

Old 06-27-2014, 08:24 AM

692 posts, read 1,004,676 times
Rompers and jumpsuits. Not that they are all fug, but because they requires you to disrobe every time you use the bathroom.

Patterned leggings. Good lord these should be rounded up and burned. Most women I see wearing them are way too heavy to pull them off and pair them with a jog bra type top. Far too many women dress like they are on the stroll because they think tight is right and it makes them look sexay.

Daisy Dukes, c00chie cutters or whatever they call them in your neck of the woods. Every 10 years or so these denim yeast infections become popular. I'll admit to wearing them in college where my parents couldn't see me so guilty. Here's a stop tick. Buy shares of Monistat. It's gonna soar this summer.

Clothes that don't fit. Too big or too small. That's the #1 problem with women's clothing. Most of it does not fit or flatter the wearer. #2 problem is the wearer doesn't care.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:42 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Women who wear colored bras under tank tops to show them on purpose = tacky

Old 06-27-2014, 08:42 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,546 times
For me it depends on the person. When they can pull it off, whatever they wear will look good on them.
A female friend of mine hate harem jeggings. One day we were out and about and saw this girl wore them. They look good on her. I bet I can throw her a potato sack and she will still pull it off.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 AM

This is true.. taller slim women seem to get away with much more in the fashion department..IM only 5 2 andhave to be careful with lengths of jackets and tops and how I ever went out in the 80s with those big padded shoulders... I must have looked like a box..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty