U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:29 PM

877 posts, read 1,026,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So much for feminism. According to you male approval trumps having choice in decisions.

Sounds like you are the one who is clueless about feminism.
Who said anything about male approval? Usually female on female attacks stem from jealousy and insecurity.

And even if they did do that to appeal to men (who says that's the reason? You don't know their relationship status), is that not their prerogative? Or do women somehow lack the maturity level to make such a decision?

If they think a woman doing something, wearing something or saying something will catch the attention of guys, they put that 1 thing down.

I said it's their decision to do that. It's not my thing, but I'm not going to sit on some magical moral cloud pretending to rule down on others. How a person handles the wedding photos is not a concern of mine unless it's my wedding

It seems that you are looking for validation of your opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:35 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Who said anything about male approval? Usually female on female attacks stem from jealousy and insecurity.

If they think a woman doing something, wearing something or saying something will catch the attention of guys, they put that 1 thing down.

I said it's their decision to do that. It's not my thing, but I'm not going to sit on some magical moral cloud pretending to rule down on others. How a person handles the wedding photos is not a concern of mine unless it's my wedding

It seems that you are looking for validation of your opinion
You accused those of us who think weddings aren't an appropriate occasion for showing your butt as being jealous. Seems a little strange to me. Or maybe it is a generation gap.

I don't know, but is always put weddings in the formal/nice occasion bucket. You put on your nice clothes, have fun but you are still behaving at an elevated level above why happens on a regular weekend night. Apparently I am crazy and have weird conservative/outdated standards. </sarcasm>

Old 06-29-2014, 01:44 PM

877 posts, read 1,026,050 times
Quote:
You accused those of us who think weddings aren't an appropriate occasion for showing your butt as being jealous. Seems a little strange to me. Or maybe it is a generation gap.

I don't know, but is always put weddings in the formal/nice occasion bucket. You put on your nice clothes, have fun but you are still behaving at an elevated level above why happens on a regular weekend night. Apparently I am crazy and have weird conservative/outdated standards. </sarcasm>
Did I say you were crazy? No. In fact, most people would say being nude at a wedding is tacky. However they're wearing dresses and raising them for a pic. A pic that likely isn't taken in front of everyone.

But there are some overreactions to girls lifting the dresses to show a buttcheek for a picture.

You'd think the women were fully naked the way some people responded.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:03 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,132,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Did I say you were crazy? No. In fact, most people would say being nude at a wedding is tacky. However they're wearing dresses and raising them for a pic. A pic that likely isn't taken in front of everyone.

But there are some overreactions to girls lifting the dresses to show a buttcheek for a picture.

You'd think the women were fully naked the way some people responded.

Notice it's mostly other American women making the biggest fusses! I bet if the latest fad was all the groomsmen stripping, then it would be all grins, smiles, giggles, and laughs The outrage would be replaced by "It's just harmless fun" etc!!

Old 06-29-2014, 02:23 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,565,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
You are kidding right? Prudish behavior is OK for yourself, but this is why Americans are universally deemed uptight about sex or the human body. This is nothing.
First of all this was a formal occasion. Secondly, where is the study that Americans (US) are so
uptight? Third, I've seen more than just an arse since I have been doing figure drawing for years
(where there are male and female nude models).

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Shocked that there are such acerbic and vitriolic comments over a few fun pics that don't show more than you'd see at the beach.
There is a difference when it's at a beach vs a formal wedding. We know what to expect at a beach.

Quote:
The problem for me is that it is at the wedding, what is supposed to be a nice occasion. If you want to moon people after happy hour, go for it.
Quote:
One thing I have learned from this thread is that a lot of people have a wildly different sense of the appropriate behavior (and level of decorum) for a formal occasion than I do.
^^^

Old 06-29-2014, 02:38 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
Quote:

First of all this was a formal occasion. Secondly, where is the study that
Americans (US) are so
uptight?
Third, I've seen more than just an arse
since I have been doing figure drawing for years
(where there are male and
female nude models
Two words....Wardrobe Malfunction.
I've never seen so much howling and ballyhooing over absolutely nothing!
We had a good laugh over it.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM

463 posts, read 424,542 times
Great pictures!!!! I love bridesmaids with a little bad side

The fact of the matter is....the human body is a beautiful thing. Women essentially wear underwear on the beach and society doesn't lose their collective mind. How is showing a little cheek action degrading and slutty?

The only people who obviously have a problem with this are the American Taliban and bitter mediocre looking men and women who feel the need to bring others down to make themselves feel better.

Thank god I live on South Beach which is a nightmare dystopia for all the anti-sex jihadists and the sexually insecure and thus they avoid it like a plague.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:02 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
Compared to their European and Canadian counterparts, Americans are most definitely prudes.
We have nudity in our childrens' cartoons and nobody bats an eye.
What's really puzzling to me is the total acceptance of violence in the media. Watching people having their brains blown out is OK, but showing a bit of butt cheek is disgusting.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:08 PM

23,906 posts, read 31,137,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Shocked that there are such acerbic and vitriolic comments over a few fun pics that don't show more than you'd see at the beach.
Like I said...you have a very low bar.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:09 PM

23,906 posts, read 31,137,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Those women are free to have their butts hanging out in photos for posterity, and I'm free to think they're tacky for doing so. Feminism has nothing to do with it.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty