U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 04:12 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,541,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Like I said...you have a very low bar.
...and you sound like the Church Lady from SNL.
Is anyone demanding that YOU do it at your wedding? No. Why can't you just leave people alone without climbing atop your moral pedestal and judging?
It's a long way down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 04:16 PM

463 posts, read 425,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Is anyone demanding that YOU do it at your wedding? No. Why can't you just leave people alone without climbing atop your moral pedestal and judging?
It's a long way down.
Because they either have nothing better to do, they have an inherent authoritarian control freak mentality, or they are just sexually insecure frumpy looking people who feel threatened by a nice-looking butt cheek.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:15 PM

13,471 posts, read 15,090,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Not just panties, their arses were showing. There used to be a time if this accidentally happened to women
when they were out in a restaurant, bar, work etc... they would have felt mortified.
And once upon a time people wouldn't show ankle. Scandalous. Thank god those days are over. Doesn't bug me at all. Women being more comfortable with their sexuality is a-okay with me. To me a wedding is slightly more sober than that, but everyone has different ideas on that. I've been to a few weddings that really could have been a little more butt shot and less buttoned up as well.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:39 PM

23,973 posts, read 31,197,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It's a long way down.
Honey, everyone judges. It's what makes us human. And I assure you I am FAR from a prude, but I certainly know crude, tasteless, uncouth behavior. Why do you think those people on Jerry Springer are so much like a train wreck? You don't have to be wealthy, gifted, or even particularly smart to recognize grace and class. You don't show your ASS at a wedding. Unless you are in a nudist colony. Anyone with a d@mn lick of sense knows this. No more to be said here.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 PM

14,546 posts, read 11,538,039 times
photos made me ashamed to be female..what are those silly girls all about... whats nice about showing your bum at a wedding or anywhere for that matter..

Old 06-29-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Honey, everyone judges. It's what makes us human. And I assure you I am FAR from a prude, but I certainly know crude, tasteless, uncouth behavior. Why do you think those people on Jerry Springer are so much like a train wreck? You don't have to be wealthy, gifted, or even particularly smart to recognize grace and class. You don't show your ASS at a wedding. Unless you are in a nudist colony. Anyone with a d@mn lick of sense knows this. No more to be said here.
Everyone judges??? Not me....believe it or not there are people out there that focus on living their lives and not trying to play the "Who's Classy Police" constantly.

At one point in time, people of color were judged to be inferior. Women were also judged to be lesser than men and considered uncouth and crass if they tried to compete for jobs and promotions.

You would have been fine with this because hey.....we're only human right? I suppose us men should just roll-back feminism and go back to the natural order of things where women were our property.....after all we're only human.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:09 PM

32,173 posts, read 39,311,449 times
Race card at Post 87.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:10 PM

28,257 posts, read 43,533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I was simply pointing out the obvious to someone who said "then don't invite kids to the wedding"
That someone was me, and I still maintain that weddings are usually an ADULT affair. So if you bring your children, expect to see a few things they might not be used to seeing. Not the bride & groom's responsibility, IMO. Also, in case you missed the "" on that post, I was being sarcastic... and I said "it's ANOTHER reason not to invite kids," which wasn't the same as saying DON'T invite them.

Quote:
The first picture looks like it was staged to be funny, as if all the bridesmaids had accidentally tucked their dresses into their underwear. They devolve after that from maybe kind of funny to just plain dirty. They aren't even wearing underwear in one of them. That isn't "oops I tucked my dress in." It is "everyone look at my a$$!" Tacky. Classless. Attention whores.
Wow. Again, it's not your wedding nor your place to judge... and I say this as a very "classy" woman, who'd never invite that kind of behavior at MY affair. But it's theirs, not mine.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 PM

28,257 posts, read 43,533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Race card at Post 87.
Race card? Did they also play the "woman card?" Those were analogies, not the "race card."

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-29-2014 at 06:29 PM..

Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Race card at Post 87.
Rush "Race Card" Limbaugh fan on post 88
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty