U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2014, 08:24 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,849,478 times
Reputation: 8670

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
I wear sweats and old gym clothes around the house, but I don't wear them to bed. First, they aren't as comfortable as a night shirt. Second, they get dirty during the day from cooking, cleaning, whatever, and I always shower before bed and wouldn't want to to sleep in dirty clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
Reputation: 6312
I hate clothes on my upper body while sleeping in summer, and need lots of layers to warm up in winter.

Out of bed, I usually wear A Sleeveless T shirt and pajama shorts in summer, and Sweatshirt + tank + Thermals in winter.

Yearly coldest Avg High/Low (January 13th): 35/19 F

Yearly Highest Avg High/Low (July 20th): 87/64 F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,688 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Reputation: 68476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
The clothes you wear around the house all day will wear out faster if you use them as pajamas, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Up North in God's Country
670 posts, read 760,916 times
Reputation: 987
I love getting out of my daily clothing and into a nice cozy pair of pajamas...soft, lightweight, and roomy. I wash up before going to bed and shower in the morning. I hate going to bed feeling sweaty. If it's a particularly hot and humid day, I will shower at night too...then into my comfy pj's. I sleep so much better feeling clean and cozy when I go to bed.

Why would you want to wear your daily wear clothing to bed when they have been exposed to all that dust, perspiration, and grime throughout the day? For people with allergies, I think it would just bring a lot of allergens into your bed...and you would be breathing it in all night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 09:06 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
In my opinion it can't be more dirty or more clean than the clothes worn around the house unless you clean your house or do some other dirty job.
I don't know about that. Like you said, you may be cleaning the house, etc. My cat may sit on my lap, which he always does...

If you run out to get the mail you may bring pollen in on your clothes and you don't want that in your bed, particles floating around.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM
 
4,424 posts, read 5,206,967 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSoBelle View Post
I love getting out of my daily clothing and into a nice cozy pair of pajamas...soft, lightweight, and roomy. I wash up before going to bed and shower in the morning. I hate going to bed feeling sweaty. If it's a particularly hot and humid day, I will shower at night too...then into my comfy pj's. I sleep so much better feeling clean and cozy when I go to bed.

Why would you want to wear your daily wear clothing to bed when they have been exposed to all that dust, perspiration, and grime throughout the day? For people with allergies, I think it would just bring a lot of allergens into your bed...and you would be breathing it in all night.
I completely agree. I always change my clothes before bed and on a summer day its quite refreshing to take a hot bath, slip into a nightie or comfy pair of pj's, and crawl into a bed with fresh clean sheets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Portlandia "burbs"
10,236 posts, read 13,523,621 times
Reputation: 25856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
I can relate to this. I don't like pajamas because I hate it when the bottoms ride up the legs. I much prefer to sleep in old leggings because they are much warmer. I pull them on when I change clothes after work and lounge around in them and go straight to bed. I do the same with Tees because I wear old worn ones at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 03:37 PM
 
10,396 posts, read 7,478,326 times
Reputation: 18322
After work I can seriously change into my pajamas unless I'm going somewhere. But I like to make some attempt to look sexy. Ya never know what that'll get ya! Plus I can be sexy and comfortable. I'm talking some pastel flowery pajama pants with a tank top. Or a slip-type gown. So sweats are out unless I'm at the gym where it would NOT pay to look sexy! (not for me - my guy is possessive)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Reputation: 18574
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've never understood why anyone wears anything to sleep in.........it is so much more relaxing not to be encumbered by elastic and clothing. Try it, I bet you never go back.

Don
Ehhhh, not so comfortable for us large-chested women... even a loose nightshirt keeps things from flopping where we don't want them to flop, if you get my drift.

(of course, as a man I assume you don't REALLY get my drift - lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
15,581 posts, read 9,657,290 times
Reputation: 34380
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ehhhh, not so comfortable for us large-chested women... even a loose nightshirt keeps things from flopping where we don't want them to flop, if you get my drift.

(of course, as a man I assume you don't REALLY get my drift - lol)

No, but I have this terrific mental image rolling around in my head !

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top