Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 08:24 PM

3,167 posts, read 3,981,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
I wear sweats and old gym clothes around the house, but I don't wear them to bed. First, they aren't as comfortable as a night shirt. Second, they get dirty during the day from cooking, cleaning, whatever, and I always shower before bed and wouldn't want to to sleep in dirty clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,147,006 times
I hate clothes on my upper body while sleeping in summer, and need lots of layers to warm up in winter.

Out of bed, I usually wear A Sleeveless T shirt and pajama shorts in summer, and Sweatshirt + tank + Thermals in winter.

Yearly coldest Avg High/Low (January 13th): 35/19 F

Yearly Highest Avg High/Low (July 20th): 87/64 F

Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 PM

102,072 posts, read 107,036,480 times
Quote:
I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
The clothes you wear around the house all day will wear out faster if you use them as pajamas, too.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM

670 posts, read 1,039,911 times
I love getting out of my daily clothing and into a nice cozy pair of pajamas...soft, lightweight, and roomy. I wash up before going to bed and shower in the morning. I hate going to bed feeling sweaty. If it's a particularly hot and humid day, I will shower at night too...then into my comfy pj's. I sleep so much better feeling clean and cozy when I go to bed.

Why would you want to wear your daily wear clothing to bed when they have been exposed to all that dust, perspiration, and grime throughout the day? For people with allergies, I think it would just bring a lot of allergens into your bed...and you would be breathing it in all night.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:06 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,246,129 times
Quote:
In my opinion it can't be more dirty or more clean than the clothes worn around the house unless you clean your house or do some other dirty job.
I don't know about that. Like you said, you may be cleaning the house, etc. My cat may sit on my lap, which he always does...

If you run out to get the mail you may bring pollen in on your clothes and you don't want that in your bed, particles floating around.....

Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,659,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSoBelle View Post
I love getting out of my daily clothing and into a nice cozy pair of pajamas...soft, lightweight, and roomy. I wash up before going to bed and shower in the morning. I hate going to bed feeling sweaty. If it's a particularly hot and humid day, I will shower at night too...then into my comfy pj's. I sleep so much better feeling clean and cozy when I go to bed.

Why would you want to wear your daily wear clothing to bed when they have been exposed to all that dust, perspiration, and grime throughout the day? For people with allergies, I think it would just bring a lot of allergens into your bed...and you would be breathing it in all night.
I completely agree. I always change my clothes before bed and on a summer day its quite refreshing to take a hot bath, slip into a nightie or comfy pair of pj's, and crawl into a bed with fresh clean sheets.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,246,396 times
Quote:
I can relate to this. I don't like pajamas because I hate it when the bottoms ride up the legs. I much prefer to sleep in old leggings because they are much warmer. I pull them on when I change clothes after work and lounge around in them and go straight to bed. I do the same with Tees because I wear old worn ones at home.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:37 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,210,834 times
After work I can seriously change into my pajamas unless I'm going somewhere. But I like to make some attempt to look sexy. Ya never know what that'll get ya! Plus I can be sexy and comfortable. I'm talking some pastel flowery pajama pants with a tank top. Or a slip-type gown. So sweats are out unless I'm at the gym where it would NOT pay to look sexy! (not for me - my guy is possessive)

Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,765,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've never understood why anyone wears anything to sleep in.........it is so much more relaxing not to be encumbered by elastic and clothing. Try it, I bet you never go back.

Don
Ehhhh, not so comfortable for us large-chested women... even a loose nightshirt keeps things from flopping where we don't want them to flop, if you get my drift.

(of course, as a man I assume you don't REALLY get my drift - lol)

Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,715,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ehhhh, not so comfortable for us large-chested women... even a loose nightshirt keeps things from flopping where we don't want them to flop, if you get my drift.

(of course, as a man I assume you don't REALLY get my drift - lol)

No, but I have this terrific mental image rolling around in my head !

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty