U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:49 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,663,746 times

Advertisements

I just can't sleep with a shirt on in summer. I've grown up sleeping shirtless in summer and will continue the trend.

Rest of the year, its tanks and pj shorts. The moment sleeves are on my sleepwear I feel very restricted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 05:59 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,261,853 times
I dont care what im wearing all i care about is being able to sleep. Jeans and tshirt, shorts and tank, tshirt and undies, whatever i dont care. Heck a wedding dress, godzilla costume, or a ghillie suit i dont care what the heck im wearing just let me sleep.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:35 AM

30,620 posts, read 31,585,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
I don't usually wear to bed at night the clothing I wear during the day when I am at home. I don't always wear traditional pjs or nightgowns but I don't like to wear to bed the same clothing that I have lounged about in during the day.

Last edited by Chava61; 09-17-2015 at 06:48 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 04:54 PM

84 posts, read 64,035 times
Anyone else notice that this thread was bumped up from over a year ago?

I'm on board with everyone who's for sleeping in the nude. Just about anything feels restrictive to me, maybe because I turn and toss so much... I'd just end up being completely tangled in my clothing by morning!

Even when it's freezing out, if the bed is nice and warm with a thick comforter, I'm considerably more comfortable without anything on. Surprised more people don't feel the same way!

Old 09-18-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomoley View Post
Who cares? is there some rule that says that anyone wanting to make a comment shouldve done it a year ago?

Old 09-18-2015, 07:03 AM

24,197 posts, read 31,460,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Who cares? is there some rule that says that anyone wanting to make a comment shouldve done it a year ago?

If not, there should be. Most people don't revisit a thread they started a year ago, and the rest of us don't care about old threads either.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If not, there should be. Most people don't revisit a thread they started a year ago, and the rest of us don't care about old threads either.
Why stop there? Lets remove anything from the internet more than a year old. Aww heck why just the internet? Lets destroy anything over a year old. I mean come on, who's ever going to be interested in anything over a year old?

Seriously though, some of us DO like the past and some of us dont think what you all think at the same time you all think it. If CD didnt want anyone being able to comment on older threads they would automatically delete them all.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 AM

3,647 posts, read 9,383,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The clothes you wear around the house all day will wear out faster if you use them as pajamas, too.
This is the actual purpose for pajamas - to keep your "street clothes" from wearing out quicker. We all sweat when we sleep- and body oils break down fibers. Have you ever seen the sheets from someone's bed when those aren't washed/changed on a regular basis? That is happening to your clothes, though hopefully they're being washed more often. (Washing also wears on clothing)

Old 09-21-2015, 12:02 AM

859 posts, read 737,850 times
At home my preferred outfit is jeans and a T shirt, except when it's really hot I'll wear trunks or a swimsuit instead of jeans. For sleeping I need to wear less!--usually any combination of nothing, a T shirt, and brief underwear. The T shirt, if worn for sleeping, needs to be considerably larger than I would wear in the daytime.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:38 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,663,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomoley View Post

I'm on board with everyone who's for sleeping in the nude. Just about anything feels restrictive to me, maybe because I turn and toss so much... I'd just end up being completely tangled in my clothing by morning!

Even when it's freezing out, if the bed is nice and warm with a thick comforter, I'm considerably more comfortable without anything on. Surprised more people don't feel the same way!
I hear ya. I prefer sleeping without a shirt on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or