Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 04:54 PM

5,510 posts, read 8,711,128 times

Advertisements

I've been in Zoom meetings and seen people in, shall we say, less than stylish clothing; old t-shirts, wrinkled dress shirts, tank tops, and in one case what clearly looked to be pajama tops. (Our dress code is primarily business casual and on certain occasions a suit and tie for men.)

Offline I suppose people can wear whatever they want when they're working at home. But I think a modicum of good dress is needed for online meetings. Also seems that most women are dressed a bit more appropriately than most men, though that just might be the people I have to deal with.

It also makes me wonder about the talking heads on TV news. Are they sitting there with a shirt and tie on (many are not), but in their underwear and slippers below the desk, out of camera view?

Anyway, I just wear a simple, pressed, clean dress shirt for online. How about you? Anything you do different -- or the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 05:05 PM

305 posts, read 1,113,515 times
I'm close to the same as you. Not a dress shirt, but a nice casual shirt at minimum, usually with a collar. I also am surprised at people getting on Zoom having clearly not showered, not gotten dressed, etc. MAYBE that's OK for catch-ups with colleagues, but I think it's pretty dumb if superiors or clients are on the call.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:54 PM

24,092 posts, read 10,416,836 times
15+ years ago when my manager changed my job, gave me a lap top and said "go produce" instead of giving me three months of disability he also gave me a one phone conversation hands on training. The other side hears and now sees.
SO tried his weekend uniform of bibs and ratty TShirts. No! Comfortable pants and house shoes are fine. There is no not keeping the beard up or what is on display as in business as usual.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:56 PM

16,365 posts, read 12,351,506 times
I avoid video calls. All my work can be accomplished with video-free conference calls.

If video is insisted upon, it depends on who the call is with. If it’s my team, I don’t care what I look like. Anyone outside of my team, and I’m more concerned about how my face looks (foundation, blush, mascara) than what I’m wearing, but I’ll at least wear something that isn’t distractingly casual.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:13 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,398,039 times
Been wearing track suits for a month now.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:06 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,521,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Been wearing track suits for a month now.

Lol....love it...... I have flashbacks to high school & Juicy Couture track suits!!

I mostly wear skirts & long sleeve tees for work at home.........my fiance wears jeans & nice shirts. We are saving all kinds of money on his dry cleaning bills.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:19 PM

20,866 posts, read 28,215,731 times
if I have to work from home I'd wear something comfy like sweats and t shirt. I don't need to video conference anyone.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 PM

8,077 posts, read 10,011,929 times
Blue Jeans and flannel shirt or cotton button down. Golf shirt in summer. Neat, but after wearing suits for 30 years, it seems quite refreshing and simple. Keeps the budget down too. Way down !

Old 04-23-2020, 02:32 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,521,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
if I have to work from home I'd wear something comfy like sweats and t shirt. I don't need to video conference anyone.

I only have to do a couple hours a week of telenursing for surgical follow ups until the office opens back up......but leggings & skirts are just as comfy to me as yoga pants for every day wear.......

Old 04-23-2020, 02:40 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,398,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lol....love it...... I have flashbacks to high school & Juicy Couture track suits!!

I mostly wear skirts & long sleeve tees for work at home.........my fiance wears jeans & nice shirts. We are saving all kinds of money on his dry cleaning bills.
DYING for a velour suit from FILA but hesitating due to sizing and returns.

What got me started on track suits ? Recently watched the movie Purple Rain again and the manager was wearing track suits with Cazal sunglasses....brought tears to my eyes....the 80's !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty