Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM

631 posts, read 1,069,096 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the clothes you stay in home in (when watching movies, cooking, reading) differ from what you wear when you go to bed. Is there any reason to change clothes before go to sleep? I do change but it seems like a useless ritual to me. The clothes I'm in home is clear and comfortable so I see no reason to change it to something else like pyjamas to go to bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 11:49 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,664,732 times
Yes there is a reason to change; so that your clothes dont look like you slept in them.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Yes there is a reason to change; so that your clothes dont look like you slept in them.
Lol

Old 06-28-2014, 01:04 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,269,264 times
I usually wear pajama pants that I normally get from Old Navy along with a t shirt to bed. If I am hanging around the house, I try to get dressed in the clothes that I would leave the house in, but otherwise I may throw on some basketball shorts or sweats and a t shirt.

I take a shower before I go to bed and I normally wear the same pjs for a couple of days. I never wear the clothes I have worn around the house during the day because in my opinion, they are dirty.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I take a shower before I go to bed and I normally wear the same pjs for a couple of days. I never wear the clothes I have worn around the house during the day because in my opinion, they are dirty.
In my opinion it can't be more dirty or more clean than the clothes worn around the house unless you clean your house or do some other dirty job.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:04 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,800,126 times
For me, yes, because I like sleeping in a loose nightshirt... blouses and t-shirts (generally) are too constricting, especially around the neck, and I never wear pants/shorts to sleep. Just how I'm most comfortable!

Oh, and for "lounging" around the house, I'll more typically wear yoga pants or pajama pants & a t-shirt.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:46 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,360,340 times
Pajamas are soft lightweight and thin. They make it easier to sleep by being designed for comfort. That's why people don't sleep in a suit and tie.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:54 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,800,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Pajamas are soft lightweight and thin. They make it easier to sleep by being designed for comfort. That's why people don't sleep in a suit and tie.
Bingo! That's what I was trying to say, but didn't think to put it so succinctly.

My favorite pair of PJs has a very loose/breathable "capri" pant with a cap-sleeved top, and looks absolutely terrible on me... but they're so darned cool and comfy, I lounge in them for an hour or so before bed, and then sleep in the top (when it's too hot for a longer nightshirt). The material is different from anything I'd wear in "real life," even compared to my workout clothes and t-shirts. Probably why it's so unflattering, as non-PJ clothing is also made with structure & fit in mind.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:30 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,287,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I usually wear pajama pants that I normally get from Old Navy along with a t shirt to bed. If I am hanging around the house, I try to get dressed in the clothes that I would leave the house in, but otherwise I may throw on some basketball shorts or sweats and a t shirt.

This^

I just want my soft and comfy pajamas to sleep in, whatever the season.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:33 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,743,466 times
I've never understood why anyone wears anything to sleep in.........it is so much more relaxing not to be encumbered by elastic and clothing. Try it, I bet you never go back.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty