U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM
 
Location: The GREAT State of TEXAS
292 posts, read 802,875 times
Reputation: 315

Advertisements

But have no clue what to get. Right now I have a black leather shoulder bag that is a Cole Hahn.
I like leather for the durability of it in either a black or dark brown so it will go well with most stuff.
Don't really want a Coach since everyone has one. Budget no more than $300.
Anyone have any good designers To recommend that are reasonably priced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,908 posts, read 28,241,887 times
Reputation: 26074
Try Elliot Lucca, Furla, or Botkier can be found for $300 on sale. Or go to TJ Maxx/Marshalls and grab designer bags for a discount. Like Kate Spade or Michael Kors are common finds in those stores.

Typically, there are good deals in the Sak's Outlet:
Handbags | www.saksoff5th.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 06:05 PM
 
Location: The GREAT State of TEXAS
292 posts, read 802,875 times
Reputation: 315
Thank you! I'll have to venture out tomorrow or this evening to check those stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 08:10 PM
 
15,797 posts, read 13,225,887 times
Reputation: 19693
Tory Burch is popular now, Kate Spade is in your price point.

But I am a coach girl, but I still to the boutique leather bags (not a C in sight) and I have never seen my bags anywhere except online. Most people but those factory "signature bags". Right now I am rediscovering my emerald legacy duffle with cobalt strap.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-3uz8tGjUlaI/UA...jpg?imgmax=800
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
 
Location: The GREAT State of TEXAS
292 posts, read 802,875 times
Reputation: 315
I went to Nordstrom Rack...ended up with another Cole Haan in a bright blue/black leather.

Totes a basic black Furla around for a bit till deciding it was too much like my other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 PM
 
Location: The GREAT State of TEXAS
292 posts, read 802,875 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Tory Burch is popular now, Kate Spade is in your price point.

But I am a coach girl, but I still to the boutique leather bags (not a C in sight) and I have never seen my bags anywhere except online. Most people but those factory "signature bags". Right now I am rediscovering my emerald legacy duffle with cobalt strap.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-3uz8tGjUlaI/UA...jpg?imgmax=800
That Coach is cute and nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,908 posts, read 28,241,887 times
Reputation: 26074
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
That Coach is cute and nice too.
There are loads of cute leather coach bags out there with minimal branding in classic shapes. Poke around at macys and nordstrom till they go on sale. You might have to go to an upscale macys for the best selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:54 AM
 
71 posts, read 48,230 times
Reputation: 46
hello try this site they have a good handbags

Handbags, Shoulder Bags, Clutches, Totes and Backpacks for Women | LookBookStore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 08:40 AM
 
15,797 posts, read 13,225,887 times
Reputation: 19693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There are loads of cute leather coach bags out there with minimal branding in classic shapes. Poke around at macys and nordstrom till they go on sale. You might have to go to an upscale macys for the best selection.
Best selection of leather will be at the boutique stores, assuming there is one near the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Virginia
2,482 posts, read 2,617,032 times
Reputation: 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
But have no clue what to get. Right now I have a black leather shoulder bag that is a Cole Hahn.
I like leather for the durability of it in either a black or dark brown so it will go well with most stuff.
Don't really want a Coach since everyone has one. Budget no more than $300.
Anyone have any good designers To recommend that are reasonably priced?
Fossil makes some nice purses and they have many in the $100.00 -$200.00 range. They are nice. You can probabky find a Michael Kros for less that $300.00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top