U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ......
I wash my body with a washcloth, loofah, washglove, skin towel, etc? 24 61.54%
I wash my body with my hands 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:40 PM

641 posts, read 572,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
We are in a semi-tropical area and having anti-bacterial anti-whatever soap to help combat skin fungus is a good thing. If we were in a different climate, we'd probably use whatever was appropriate to that climate.
I agree, any anit-bacterial body wash on sale and a salux, Very gently with the salux !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 PM

11,014 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I had the same reaction. I don't understand how you can get clean using your hands.
How dirty are you?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:58 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,783,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
How dirty are you?
I'll answer your smartass remark as if you were serious.

This morning when I woke up at 6am, the temperature was 87 degrees, so you can imagine how hot it was during the day. Add humidity to the mix...and you can't walk outside without breaking a sweat.

So....not "dirty", per se, but very sweaty.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,533,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I had the same reaction. I don't understand how you can get clean using your hands.
Do you use a loofah or washcloth when you wash your hands?

I've never had a problem getting clean using my hands.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:04 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,380,090 times
Hands. It is my body, I don't mind touching it. Also, I washing it, not scrubbing it like the kitchen walls.

The benefit to using your hands is that you actually touch your own body all over and your hands are what will feel things below the skin that might not be normal. All the looflahs, sponges and cloths aren't going to do that and they will get is old, messy and thrown in the trash anyway.

Of course, some are afraid to touch their own bodies and that is how companies make billions, selling people things to make a simple thing like washing themselves into a complex issue that needs people all over the world trying to figure out how to do it.

If you have that much skin you need to wear off, that much stuck on dirt you can't get off or whatever else going on, then head to the car wash and when you are middle ways through it, jump out butt naked and do the dance.

Soap on hands. Hands on body. Rub then rinse.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:05 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,783,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Do you use a loofah or washcloth when you wash your hands?

I've used a brush before when they were really dirty. And that happens quite often.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM

3,431 posts, read 2,749,487 times
During the Summer, I use a shower gel that is also an exfoliator.

That's a bit too harsh during the Winter when my skin's dry. So in the Winter I switch to a moisturizing shower gel and use my hands or one of those scrunchy shower puff things.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:27 PM

2,685 posts, read 1,769,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
For decades I used Safeguard Beige soap (good with hard water and doesn't leave a film) and a white washcloth (I buy them a pile at a time at Marshall's or TJ Maxx). Then a few years ago I read from my skincare guru Paula Begoun that liquid body washes are better for showers and she made a convincing argument. So I switched. I chose Refresh Citrus Body Wash sold by Trader Joe's.

I don't care for floral scents and this is a very light citrus with Vitamin C, suitable for either women or men, and not expensive. I end up giving a lot of bottles away because I have many houseguests and they often try it and like it. TJ's Refresh line also has shampoo and hair conditioner. I like the conditioner since it's light and heavy ones don't work on my thin hair. The Refresh shampoo, however, was too drying for me.

The Body Wash especially suits my needs.

Here's a link to Paula Begoun's website. Don't hold it against her that she's been on Dr. Oz. Begoun is the author of the popular Cosmetics Cop books that rate make-up and skincare products from many lines at every price point. A few years ago she began selling her own line of basic products, called Paula's Choice, through her website. I have weird skin that's oily and tends to break out, yet is very sensitive and now that I live in Arizona I'm getting wrinkles. I've found Paula's facial products to be an effective solution for my face and TJ's Refresh works for my body.

About Paula Begoun, the Cosmetics Cop
Okay, now I'm interested. What does the Refresh shampoo smell like? I love citrus!

Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 PM

1,864 posts, read 1,740,329 times
I buy hand made natural soap bars from a local small business and one of those big poofy net things.

antibacterial soaps for whole boy cleaning is a bad idea. There are some bacteria that we need to survive and these soaps don't differentiate between those and the bad ones.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:43 PM

13,227 posts, read 11,754,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
How do you wash your butt crack?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or