U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ......
I wash my body with a washcloth, loofah, washglove, skin towel, etc? 24 61.54%
I wash my body with my hands 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,796,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Do you know how soap actually works?

It is a surfactant, which means it literally slides dirt, body oils, etc. off of you.

I work in an especially "dirty" job in the summer, and everything still gets clean with soap. BTW, over exfoliation can lead to a host of skin problems, including increased acne for some and extreme dryness for others. Oh, and fyi, washcloths are usually loaded with bacteria, far more than what are on your hands.

Are washcloths and other body scrubbers bacteria factories? | Go Ask Alice!
Yes, I know how soap works. What led you to believe otherwise?

I change out my washcloths...

No skin problems here. And using a loofah twice a week is not over exfoliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,547,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I've used a brush before when they were really dirty. And that happens quite often.
I'm not talking about really dirty. I'm talking everyday sort of dirty. I don't use anything but soap to wash my hands, so why would my body be any different?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 PM

3,431 posts, read 2,765,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Do you know how soap actually works?

It is a surfactant, which means it literally slides dirt, body oils, etc. off of you.

I work in an especially "dirty" job in the summer, and everything still gets clean with soap. BTW, over exfoliation can lead to a host of skin problems, including increased acne for some and extreme dryness for others. Oh, and fyi, washcloths are usually loaded with bacteria, far more than what are on your hands.

Are washcloths and other body scrubbers bacteria factories? | Go Ask Alice!
All good points... Wash cloths stay damp for a couple of hours, giving any remaining bacteria a great place to grow. Eww.

I've stayed away from using feminine "cleansing wipes" because they sometimes contain alcohol or other chemicals that can cause more issues than they'd prevent. Also, they're the same "flushable" wipes that are clogging sewers in some cities.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
If they've said they wash with their hands, then you clearly have your answer. Unless for some weird reason you want to belabour the point. So why is that?

When I saw the thread title, I could tell it was going no place good.
Perhaps because I have just spent two pages dealing with smartass remarks from people who wash with their hands. Talk about belabouring a point...

Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Perhaps because I have just spent two pages dealing with smartass remarks from people who wash with their hands. Talk about belabouring a point...
I wasn't even talking to you.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How do you wash your butt crack?
Soap. Hands. What's the big deal? There's soap and hot water involved. Once you've cleaned up your fair share of poopy explosive diapers, it's just not a big deal anymore. In the end, everything is clean (excuse the pun).

Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
I wash my privates with my hands - oh the humanity! Get a freaking grip people. No offense to anyone that does use wash cloths or sponges (it's a personal preference) but there is nothing wrong with washing your nether regions without these things. Talk about first world problems...
Thank you! I'm kind of perplexed by the reactions.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
I wasn't even talking to you.
Yes, I know.

My point was that if one can belabour the point, why can't another?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know.

My point was that if one can belabour the point, why can't another?
No reason why not. Do continue.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I'm not talking about really dirty. I'm talking everyday sort of dirty. I don't use anything but soap to wash my hands, so why would my body be any different?
Do you wash dishes with just your hands?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or