Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ......
I wash my body with a washcloth, loofah, washglove, skin towel, etc? 24 61.54%
I wash my body with my hands 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:31 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,260,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I use fresh washcloths for each shower.

I just don't think your hand would work as well in that area. I don't even think a puffy loofah would be great for that, but I've never tried it.
The responses are ridiculous, aren't they?

I was not even the first to react to washing with your hands, yet it's been page after page of smartass wisecracks.

Must be my username.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Have you ever had children? Didn't your parents have children? What, you think they got dressed up in hazmat suits to clean your behind? I'm sure as with all children all over this planet, the wee ones pooped their pants. Do most parents start looking for rubber gloves, trash bags and disinfectant?

I mean really, unless you're eating yellow cake and your hiney is radioactive...

To each their own though, I was simply responding the original post on this thread that included the butt crack comment.

If you don't wash your rear end with your hands, just how do you handle the rag, cloth, looflah or sponge you do use? No matter what you do, unless you jump in with rubber gloves on, your hands are in it, guaranteed. Also guaranteed is that whatever you are washing off is running down your legs and over your toes.

I'm not saying that using something other than hands is bad or unreasonable. I am saying that it is unreasonable to think you aren't touching, in one manner or another, whatever you think you are avoiding by not using your hands.

Lets just be honest about what we're talking about. We all came from the same place and will all end up there sooner or later. In between (no pun intended) we're getting clean somehow, its just that some of us want to pretend that cleaning your rear end is something so gross it means disassociating ourselves from it.

I sure hope separate washing machines are used for the laundry. Wouldn't want a face towel getting in with the crack thingy.
No, I don't have children. And my parents have nothing to do with this, although they used washcloths as well.

The dramatic responses from you are unnecessary. I think it's nasty to wash back there with your hands, and I don't think my hands would get it clean. It's my opinion and my personal preference. Not sure why you felt that warranted a multi-paragraphed smartass response.

I, too, was simply responding to the original post in this thread.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,555,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
The dramatic responses from you are unnecessary. I think it's nasty to wash back there with your hands, and I don't think my hands would get it clean. It's my opinion and my personal preference. Not sure why you felt that warranted a multi-paragraphed smartass response.
They must have to really dig in there... I prefer washcloths because I can cover more surface area, keep a good lather going, and easily get into crevices. I don't think I'd be nearly as effective with just my hands, but whatever works for them.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:48 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,161,237 times
Its very hot today. 76 F at 7 AM going up to 95 F with DP's around 72 F. I will use the same body wash, and take a hankie with me to wipe off sweat after washing my face. The Midwest is so darn lucky to see pleasant and dry for July 4th. That front fails to reach us .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-02-2014 at 05:06 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,398,602 times
I use Lever 2000 soap and a Buf Puf body sponge to get rid of the skin cell turnover. If I just use a regular washcloth, I exfoliate with the bath towel, and I'd rather not. I'd rather get it done in the shower. For my face, I use a foaming cleanser and my hands, and every other day I use a facial exfoliant.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:14 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,243,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just don't think your hand would work as well in that area. I don't even think a puffy loofah would be great for that, but I've never tried it.

Well, there seem to be a number of us here trying to reassure you that yes, it works just fine.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Read the posts above this one and you will see why.

I am simply responding in kind.
Nope. I still don't see why.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
The responses are ridiculous, aren't they?

I was not even the first to react to washing with your hands, yet it's been page after page of smartass wisecracks.

Must be my username.....
I'm not sure what your username has to do with it. I think it's more because you don't realize how ridiculous you sound.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I'm not sure what your username has to do with it. I think it's more because you don't realize how ridiculous you sound.

How is stating my personal preference ridiculous?? Just because I don't agree with your method of washing? No....I'm not the ridiculous one here.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,555,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Well, there seem to be a number of us here trying to reassure you that yes, it works just fine.
Ok. As a person who's only ever used washcloths, I have a hard time picturing how you'd do it with your hands which is why I asked the question. It wasn't to debate whether one method was better. I just don't think using my hand instead of toilet paper would work very well and the same goes for hand vs. washcloth. If your method works for you, cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty