Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 05:06 AM

24 posts, read 37,729 times

Advertisements

I still do and I am 31 I'm barely 5 ft. and small boned so it's kind of hard to find my size here in the US but in Japan, Hong Kong or South Korea, I can buy the regular adult size with no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 10:22 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
I didn't fit children's clothes after the 4th grade.

My 12 year old can't wear juniors sizes...she went from wearing a girls 16 to a ladies 6 and she's been that size for about two years now. But juniors sizes are always too small in the hips.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:48 AM

190 posts, read 246,865 times
5th grade was the last time I wanted to go into kids section. Starting in 6th grade was when that became babyish.

But, since my mom wanted me to keep me a little kid forever and didnt like fact that I was growing up, etc I was forced to wear kids clothes in middle school (aka kids section clothing). 6th grade was when a lot of stuff still fit because of how I was built, but once 7th grade came and literally nothing fit anymore. I had growthspurt in half way through 6th grade. My mom literally went crazy because now I would have to be in the Junior sections. We went to stores and literally nothing fit. One time it was so bad because she started getting butthurt at the store but keeping it between just us and not get loud or anything, and one of the workers was putting clothes on the rack and overheard. My mom never noticed. After 2-3 minutes the worker barged in and said that my section was Junior section and told us where it was. My mom didnt want her to know what she was trying to force me to do, so she said she was looking for a niece. Was obvious worker didnt want to cause a scene so she pretended to agree and while she walked away she was laughing her butt off. Then it was obvious my mom knew and noticed because she walked away from department in an "I just got embarrassed" way. On the way to other section my mom was still complaining that I didnt comprehend. Since that day it was more obvious than in store because she took me to Juniors section. But part of her (slight) would never give it up (kids section) so she told people I still went in that kid store. It was embarassing to still get gift cards there. So I told them the truth that I didnt fit there anymore and they said they didnt believe me because my mom said I still fit in there. Got so bad that I had to show them the biggest size of everything and showed that literally nothing fit. Then she started laughing at her and never got gift card there again. But, during this time when I went to Junior section, literally everything was "no." Eventually she let me try on stuff but was obvious she was not ready because nothing ever looked good or fit. Got to point when I first started 7th grade I literally had no clothes because everything in my closet was kid section clothes so everything never fit. So she had to start saying yes but still had restrictions because she didnt like the style. The rest of what happened since is not part of this question so will not go further.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:45 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
When I was growing up - 60s and 70s - there was a transition line of clothes, at least for girls, called something like "Junior Miss" or "Young Miss", that were a transition - both in size and style, into juniors.

Does anyone remember this?

Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Young Jr. Miss - Sears carried it.

I still have to wear kids pants but I'm mostly limited to my old stuff as everything now is mostly things I detest: skinny leg, torn/ripped, faded/worn spots, glitter, sequins, embellishments of any kind.

I wish Petite Sophisticate would come back, it's super hard to find petite pants in 0 or 1 that aren't "alfred dunner-ish"

Old 03-14-2017, 11:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
When I was growing up - 60s and 70s - there was a transition line of clothes, at least for girls, called something like "Junior Miss" or "Young Miss", that were a transition - both in size and style, into juniors.

Penny's still has a Juniors dept. for teen girls. I've run into several women--moms, who occasionally buy juniors items for themselves, because they're so cute. I think we need a thread titled, "When did you stop wearing Juniors fashions?" lol

Old 03-14-2017, 11:19 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
I don't remember when I stopped wearing children's sizes, but I'm sure it was around junior high (since I was 5'8 by 7th grade). My daughter stopped wearing children's sizes (and I think they are bigger now) in 6th grade. She's now in 8th and is 5'9 (and growing?)

Old 03-15-2017, 11:05 AM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I wore girls' size 14/16 (basic jeans and tops) as long as I could fit into them -- until I was about 55 -- because they are so much less expensive than those in women's sizes. (Or at least they were then!)

Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 AM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Yes, definitely! I felt so grown up when I transitioned out of "girls sizes" when I was about 12 or 13.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:15 PM

865 posts, read 1,488,011 times
I still wear children's clothes sometimes, I'm thin and short!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty