U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:59 AM

14,504 posts, read 11,481,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
I'm usually frightened. My face is weird. My face-shape is unlike anybody else's I've ever seen. It is hexagon shaped. Maybe I should learn to like that it's different. But it looks stupid. I have these high cheek bones that stick way out and then my skin is stretched over my cheek down to my jaw. Then above my cheek bones which stick out my head goes in to a fairly small skull with an undersized brain inside.

My favourite face shape is oblong. Straight sides and a high forehead, and rounded (but not double) chin.

To see what shape my face is just click on my username to see my profile picture. I drew a self portrait, 99% accuracy.
mmmm yes that is weird....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 10:57 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,987,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
I'm usually frightened. My face is weird. My face-shape is unlike anybody else's I've ever seen. It is hexagon shaped. Maybe I should learn to like that it's different. But it looks stupid. I have these high cheek bones that stick way out and then my skin is stretched over my cheek down to my jaw. Then above my cheek bones which stick out my head goes in to a fairly small skull with an undersized brain inside.

My favourite face shape is oblong. Straight sides and a high forehead, and rounded (but not double) chin.

To see what shape my face is just click on my username to see my profile picture. I drew a self portrait, 99% accuracy.

That's hard. I knew a guy once with a heptagon shaped head. Sometimes there is just no words...

Old 07-06-2014, 11:30 AM

7,017 posts, read 10,321,824 times
When I look in the mirror, I see that I haven't lost all of my belly from my last childbirth. I'm not that troubled though. The baby is 47 years old now, so I should be slimming down soon. Right?

My doc tells me I'm fine, and not to worry about a little belly fat. At 74, why worry? My complexion is porcelain white, with no lines or wrinkles. I guess it's a trade-off. Huh?

Old 07-07-2014, 08:05 AM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
What DO you think when you look in the mirror? .
I avoided this thread because I never really thought about it. But after getting out of the shower just yesterday, I remembered this thread and really took a serious and honest look in the full length mirror.

My first overall thought was "Wow, I really look good and not just for my age or anything else. I am put together pretty well".

Then, I started looking at parts of my 6' 1" 172 lbsbody and thought:

"I really like the size and shape of my legs, all the squats, running and sprinting I do has really given me great legs, long and powerful"

"My abs are still visible and defined, despite a little softness around the saddlebag area, but I still have a V shape. Think I need to hit the abs a little harder, especially my obliques"

"My bootay is still perfectly round, no stretch marks, no sagging, I see why women have always complimented me on it"

"Never had a big chest, or huge pecs, but the fact that my neck, shoulders, traps and lats are well defined and muscular, I still look pretty dang good"

"Think my legs are little too hairy though. Not Italian or Armenian hairy, just a bit fuzzy despite not having much hair anywhere else on my body"

"Some fur hair growing on my abs, a few sprinkled on my chest, ZERO hair on my back, shoulders"

"Love that my skin on stomach, chest, back, shoulders and arms is totally smooth and free of freckles, pimples, bumps, blemishes, moles, stray hairs where there is no hair and with summer being here, Ive got a pretty good tan"

"I just need to hit my obliques harder and continue doing what Im doing. Hmmm....I wonder what I would look like if I shaved all my body hair even though its minimal"

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 07-07-2014 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-07-2014, 09:09 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,948,202 times
^^^ Nice post, lol
I wasn't gonna post, but here goes...

I'm actually pleased when I look in the mirror.
I have a figure that lots of people tell me they'd kill for, lol
As for the face & hair I get people whistling, yelling hey beautiful, pretty often,
so as I look in the mirror, I'm content w/ that as well

It's easy to feel good when you know you're doing everything
you can to counter the stress of daily living-
meditation, yoga, exercise....all play a key role in looks.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,574,741 times
What do I think when I look in the mirror? "Good grief, I look old!" (I'm 62). My hair is thinner than before, and everything is starting to sag and wrinkle. Didn't look that way in my 50s. At least I'm no longer overweight. Then I tackle my makeup bag to see what improvements I can make and what clothing to wear which will be most flattering.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:55 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,522,801 times
OK, lets take this mirror pic as an example.

Some may think I am insecure and am trying to draw internet attention (A presumption I am fed up with already). I post pics of myself because I like showing who I am in person instead of concealing myself. Its not for any sort of attention.

Some may think I am trashy in this outfit, say its a turnoff, and then make a sweeping conclusion about my personality. Well, what they think is a turnoff to me so bye bye.

Hopefully, nobody here thinks its "sexy", because I feel like a tool on hearing that term. Much rather prefer handsome.

In the end, I look like this for comfort and personal style. It isn't too revealing, looks reasonable, and is comfortable to wear when hot.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-07-2014 at 07:39 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 09:52 AM

9,059 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Usually, I think... "look at you , you fat F$#@ ..you really need to do something about that" ......and that will stick with me until the evening when it comes time to wind down with a a cigar and a glass of bourbon.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 AM

5,425 posts, read 3,279,193 times
I'm young.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,947,230 times
"mmh, look at those bags under my eyes"

or sometimes i think

"cute"

or sometimes

"i need make up"

mostly:

"i hate my hair"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty