U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 01:03 AM

735 posts, read 682,232 times

Advertisements

I usually only look into the mirror to shave and make sure my hair is messed up good enough to go out. I'm phobic about people finding me attractive, so I've been dressing disheveled, giving myself shaggy haircuts and messing up my hair on purpose for about 2 decades and counting. I only shave sometimes because I don't know which way to go. I look effeminate and shaving makes me look even more so, so it makes a lot of women (and lots of people) think I'm gay, but then some people find facial hair unattractive (although I can't grow a full beard), so I shave sometimes.

When I very rarely do actually try to look at myself in the mirror, I can't help but make silly faces at myself. I don't like my picture taken either. I know it's kind of ironic considering I like photography, including taking photos of other people, just not of myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Usually something like. "I still have no idea what celebrity I should use as a reference point to describe my appearance!"

And some days I think: I am having an awesome skin day. And other days I think, wow I look really dull today, I need to exfoliate.

And some days I go, wow I really do look like my mom's side of the family. I totally have their smiles!

And other times I wonder, if I dropped 20 pounds if my cheeks would still be round. And then I go back and think about my mom's family and go, yup.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times
I usually think damn if I was skinny I'd be a sexy b****.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
I usually think, I am so lucky to be perfectly content with what I have been granted. How about we perk those eyes up a bit? Now, smile pretty.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:01 PM

4,549 posts, read 3,504,098 times
I usually think

"Damn, why'd I have to have a lazy eye."
"Why couldn't my face be slimmer"
"My waist needs to be smaller"
"My butt needs to be bigger"

Basically, I think the bulk of my appearance needs work.

Only thing I am content with is my breast size. Not too small-thank goodness 1 nice thing.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:12 PM

4,104 posts, read 1,718,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I usually think

"Damn, why'd I have to have a lazy eye."
"Why couldn't my face be slimmer"
"My waist needs to be smaller"
"My butt needs to be bigger"

Basically, I think the bulk of my appearance needs work.

Only thing I am content with is my breast size. Not too small-thank goodness 1 nice thing.

Your words really struck me. I used to do say similar things to myself. Please, I beg of you...be kind to yourself. We are always harder on ourselves...

Old 07-19-2014, 07:21 PM

4,549 posts, read 3,504,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Your words really struck me. I used to do say similar things to myself. Please, I beg of you...be kind to yourself. We are always harder on ourselves...
When you're in your 20s, never dated, never had any of the guys you are attracted to reciprocate, and only get attention from bums and thugs, I think it's safe to say you're not that hot.

Not serious. I don't plan to kill myself over it. lol Just being honest that I was not blessed as one of the super hot. That takes work, which I am doing--possibly some surgery. I have a good bit of money saved. No reason, just saving. So I may add on to it and get some surgery with it.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 PM

1,042 posts, read 1,361,010 times
I'm not always tired so wish I didn't look that way. Dark circles under my eyes and a heavy lid have developed with age.
Otherwise pretty good.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 PM

29,607 posts, read 31,914,576 times
I try not to look but when I do I wonder who that old lady is.

I'm actually much happier when I don't spend time looking at myself and seeing all the flaws. I look just enough to put myself together in the morning and some quick peeking during the day to make sure I don't have something stuck between my teeth or raccoon eyes.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:26 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I usually think damn if I was skinny I'd be a sexy b****.
I don't think I would be able to walk down the street if I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty