U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:58 PM

4,793 posts, read 6,513,193 times

Advertisements

I am not happy when I look in the mirror. Before I quit smoking 21 years ago I was a little thin. Now within bounds of being technically Obese. AND my hair line is receding. Not Pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,548,373 times
I think....You dumba$$!!! Why didn't you marry your present wife when you first met her in 1971 rather than waiting until 2010?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,294,456 times
Good Morning beautiful brown sugar baby! Oh so pretty!! What are you going to wear today? Let's show off the pretty legs!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:43 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,457,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't think I would be able to walk down the street if I was.
I know right!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:44 AM

403 posts, read 407,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
If you are like me sometimes you look in the mirror and wonder what other people see? The person looking back at you in the mirror certainly isn't the younger person you are eternally in your own mind!
How does a middle aged woman find some kind of solace in this world where being eternally 20 something like Jennifer Aniston, is the sought after ideal?

I found this article today and wanted to share it, because its short and sweet and because we all need to read it.
What People Really Look Like. ~ Dale Favier | elephant journal
Iíve been a massage therapist for many years now. I know what people look like.

People have been undressing for me for a long time. I know what you look like: a glance at you, and I can picture pretty well what youíd look like on my table.
Letís start here with what nobody looks like: nobody looks like the people in magazines or movies. Not even models. Nobody. Lean people have a kind of rawboned, unfinished look about them that is very appealing. But they donít have plump round breasts and plump round asses. You have plump round breasts and a plump round ass, you have a plump round belly and plump round thighs as well. Thatís how it works. (And thatís very appealing too.)
Woman have cellulite. All of them.

Itís dimply and cute. Itís not a defect. Itís not a health problem. Itís the natural consequence of not consisting of photoshopped pixels, and not having emerged from an airbrush.
Men have silly buttocks.

Well, if most of your clients are women, anyway. You come to male buttocks and you say ó what, this is it? Theyíre kind of scrawny and the tissue is jumpy because itís unpadded; you have to dial back the pressure, or theyíll yelp.
Adults sag. It doesnít matter how fit they are. Every decade, an adult sags a little more. All of the tissue hangs a little looser. They wrinkle, too. I donít know who put about the rumor that just old people wrinkle. You start wrinkling when you start sagging, as soon as youíre all grown up, and the process goes its merry way as long as you live. Which is hopefully a long, long time, right?
Everybody on a massage table is beautiful. There are really no exceptions to this rule.

At that first long sigh, at that first thought that ďI can stop hanging on now, Iím safeĒ Ė a luminosity, a glow, begins. Within a few minutes the whole body is radiant with it. It suffuses the room: it suffuses the massage therapist too. People talk about massage therapists being caretakers, and I suppose we are: we like to look after people, and weíre easily moved to tenderness. But to let you in on a secret: Iím in it for the glow.
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
I see an ugly guy.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,894,228 times
There's work to be done but I'm still beautiful.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 AM

5,491 posts, read 4,564,624 times
I'm 63+ and by thins time I expected to be looking like my dad or grandfathers, but neither seem to be in view.
Not disappointed mind you , in fact rather glad I am aging the way I am.
Not perfect by any means, but grateful for what I've got.
I've taken better care of my life than my fathers, and am rather surprised to have lived this long to be quite honest .

Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,988,147 times
I think if you don't like what you see, you can always improve yourself to an extent. Don't like your body? Work it out. Don't like your face? A little makeup can go a long way if applied correctly. Hate your hair? Find a really good hairdresser (not a cheap mall one, sorry). A good hairdresser can tell you what would look great with your face shape and can actually make it happen. There are always little things you can do to feel better about yourself. It's just a matter of being motivated enough to do them.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:36 AM

6,226 posts, read 7,411,312 times
"Who the he!! is that?!"

Old 07-20-2014, 10:41 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,457,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
"Who the he!! is that?!"
That's Betty Davis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty