U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 05:30 PM

2,967 posts, read 3,953,632 times

Advertisements

To be fair, I would not call it "discrimination." People and animals are hardwired by genetics and evolution to be attracted to the most fit-for-breeding and healthy potential mates. An obese person does not fall into this category.

Humans differ from animals in that we sometimes develop fetishes that fall outside of that norm - hence the bbw chasers etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 PM

2,493 posts, read 1,852,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
No.

They are just not very sexually attractive that is all. There is no discrimination involved. They still get sex. Find husbands/wives. Lead productive lives, etc. but they are just not as sexually/physically attractive as those who are not overweight.
...in your opinion.

Our society has a tendency to take the opinions of many as fact. If 100 people believe one thing and 2 people believe the opposite, it doesn't matter, because they are all opinions. Not fact.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:19 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,278,164 times
[quote=hunterseat;35472910]I helped a friend move her household and her dozen or so horses and 2 dogs. I drove the big truck, she hired a hauler and she drove her p/u. I'd known her on a horse forum but never met her in person. She was grossly obese - about as big as you can be and still get around. (btw, Melissa McCartney is beginning to fall into that category - she's gained so much weight) Anyway, she was new to the town and we were getting acquainted with the area. We came out of one store and she said "I get so tired of people looking at me like I'm some kind of bug." I felt bad for her and told her they just don't know her, that once they get to know her they'll love her, it just takes time for people to get adjusted to seeing someone of her size. OH.MY.GOODNESS. She said 'YOU THINK IT'S BECAUSE I'M FAT??" duh. But she didn't see it that way. She has since passed away. A wonderful young woman who had a heart of gold. And she died on the way to the emergency room, she'd been seen for her illness but sent home. Discrimination might have killed her.[/QUOTE
Just awful , my condolence. Very sad.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Definitely. But that goes for anyone who may have features not seen as beautiful. Even race--like a black girl who liked her friend, and he said he enjoys hanging with her, but he doesn't and won't date black girls.

That happens to a girl I know. She thinks she's hot--hourglass shape, long hair, nice face, etc. Brags on herself alot. And she likes a guy-sleeping with him. But he has a girlfriend whom she says has an "apple shape"--fat I guess. Short hair, and stupid because she didn't go to college while she herself is in Law School. Yet despite her bragging on herself and looking down on this guy's fat girlfriend, she's the pathetic one. The fat girl has the hot guy, and she's the side *****. lol The hot guy cares for his girlfriend, ad snubs the hot chick, and only puts up with her for sex. Yet she still looks down on his girlfriend. Whenever she asks for advice on her situation of being a mistress, she always throws in that his girlfriend is too ugly for him.

So, some are just totally shallow. As if being fat means you don't deserve someone hot, or someone at all.

I used to be fat--but I lost the weight given how big is so frowned upon. At my biggest I was 150-165. Somewhere between there. I forget the exact weight. Now I am 124. WHich is still big, but I am working on it. I managed to keep constant weight for years thus far, only going up then back down sometimes--but only by 2 lbs. lol
How terrible she ****s another woman's guy and looks down on her, terrible. But I don't respect the man either, though it is sweet that he uses her for a ****.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Definitely. But that goes for anyone who may have features not seen as beautiful. Even race--like a black girl who liked her friend, and he said he enjoys hanging with her, but he doesn't and won't date black girls.

That happens to a girl I know. She thinks she's hot--hourglass shape, long hair, nice face, etc. Brags on herself alot. And she likes a guy-sleeping with him. But he has a girlfriend whom she says has an "apple shape"--fat I guess. Short hair, and stupid because she didn't go to college while she herself is in Law School. Yet despite her bragging on herself and looking down on this guy's fat girlfriend, she's the pathetic one. The fat girl has the hot guy, and she's the side *****. lol The hot guy cares for his girlfriend, ad snubs the hot chick, and only puts up with her for sex. Yet she still looks down on his girlfriend. Whenever she asks for advice on her situation of being a mistress, she always throws in that his girlfriend is too ugly for him.

So, some are just totally shallow. As if being fat means you don't deserve someone hot, or someone at all.

I used to be fat--but I lost the weight given how big is so frowned upon. At my biggest I was 150-165. Somewhere between there. I forget the exact weight. Now I am 124. WHich is still big, but I am working on it. I managed to keep constant weight for years thus far, only going up then back down sometimes--but only by 2 lbs. lol
How terrible she ****s another woman's guy and looks down on her, terrible. But I don't respect the man either, though it is sweet that he uses her for a ****.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:19 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,035,415 times
obviously. I don't find obesity attractive, sorry but I'm not sorry.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:27 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,653,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Uh yeah...ok

What's your definition of "didn't eat very badly" though?
Gizmo is right. For people to be ignorant enough to think that "you just stick to this little routine and diet that I'm on and you can be skinny too!"

No. That is an absolute falsehood! In individual's genetic makeup greatly influences a person's type.

Do yourselves a favor, all you size 4.....but "worked REALLY hard to get where you're at!", don't ever consider yourself somehow just more...diligent or serious about your weight loss.

If you're a size 4, good for you. You are the size of a child. Yes. You are.

I am a SOLID, size 14. I am a LARGE person..not average, not medium, but large. I am not plump, I am not chubby, I am a PERFECTLY proportioned, 5'8" female. It takes just as much work for a large woman to maintain a size 14-18, as it does for a size 4 to maintain THEIR size. They are designed to be larger people.

Genetically, some people are more prone to extra fat deposits on the hips and thighs, bust, waist, or just all over. Larger and heavier people also have to "do more work", when they do exercise, especially if they are extremely overweight. They are having to MOVE more weight when they exercise. It is also harder on the body.

Don't judge....seriously...don't. You know, I judged, when I was thin (14) and athletic, over 20 years ago. All of a sudden, I started gaining weight!!! OMG...I couldn't lose it. There was "nothing" wrong...no abnormal test, no change in eating habits, always lots of fresh, healthy, homecooked meals. i got heavy. I look at pictures of me then....and I can't belive it. Even when I was heavy, I would look at pictures of myself and not even really recognize myself. I mean, a picture doesn't lie, so sure, it was me...but God, it didn't look like ME!

Fighting depression became a daily battle. I tried everything..2 lbs down, 4 lbs up. 4 lbs down, 2 lbs up, then months of nothing.....then I'd start climbing up again. Well...then I started losing weight...after almost 20 years. I always thought, "If they REALLY wanted to lose weight...they just would...period." That's a lie. Take it from someone who judged...and got to walk in their shoes. Hey, I'm not alone. I know lots of gals who used to be these skinny, judgemental young things, and they're fat, out of shape things now.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 AM

5,190 posts, read 3,784,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Gizmo is right. For people to be ignorant enough to think that "you just stick to this little routine and diet that I'm on and you can be skinny too!"

No. That is an absolute falsehood! In individual's genetic makeup greatly influences a person's type.

Do yourselves a favor, all you size 4.....but "worked REALLY hard to get where you're at!", don't ever consider yourself somehow just more...diligent or serious about your weight loss.

Don't judge....seriously...don't. You know, I judged, when I was thin (14) and athletic, over 20 years ago. All of a sudden, I started gaining weight!!! OMG...I couldn't lose it. There was "nothing" wrong...no abnormal test, no change in eating habits, always lots of fresh, healthy, homecooked meals. i got heavy. I look at pictures of me then....and I can't belive it. Even when I was heavy, I would look at pictures of myself and not even really recognize myself. I mean, a picture doesn't lie, so sure, it was me...but God, it didn't look like ME!

Fighting depression became a daily battle. I tried everything..2 lbs down, 4 lbs up. 4 lbs down, 2 lbs up, then months of nothing.....then I'd start climbing up again. Well...then I started losing weight...after almost 20 years. I always thought, "If they REALLY wanted to lose weight...they just would...period." That's a lie. Take it from someone who judged...and got to walk in their shoes. Hey, I'm not alone. I know lots of gals who used to be these skinny, judgemental young things, and they're fat, out of shape things now.
Great post, and very true.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:02 AM

5,478 posts, read 4,554,733 times
If I am picking a rescue team ,I'm not taking those with problems.
If I am picking people to befriend, appearances have nothing to do with it , since I am uglier than every one else to begin with .
Most people hang around for something they want from you, regardless of looks.
People that are not the most attractive usually make the better friends not having an alternative agenda.
But nothing is set in stone either.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,653,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If I am picking a rescue team ,I'm not taking those with problems.
If I am picking people to befriend, appearances have nothing to do with it , since I am uglier than every one else to begin with .
Most people hang around for something they want from you, regardless of looks.
People that are not the most attractive usually make the better friends not having an alternative agenda.
But nothing is set in stone either.
LOL..... It doesn't sound like it's going to be a very big rescue team, then. You're not taking those with problems. Everyone has problems!

Sorry, arleigh......you left that darn door open and....well,**shrug**, it's July 5th! Sorry, it's the only excuse that I could come up with on short notice..for being a smart a$$!

On a more serious note, I really appreciate your outlook. (Okay, except for your self-deprecating comment! ) Absolutely spot on, IMO.

BTW...You're beautiful and are perfectly imperfect, exactly as we were meant to be. You are perfectly unique and special, and that is a beautiful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty