Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 05:08 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,983 times

Advertisements

Being from Washington I can confirm that we are not all size 18's. If you want to be size 18, fine but the rest of us smaller sizes are not whimpy children batting eyes at boys for help. Last time I checked "big boned" only accounts for up to a small weight variation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Being from Washington I can confirm that we are not all size 18's. If you want to be size 18, fine but the rest of us smaller sizes are not whimpy children batting eyes at boys for help. Last time I checked "big boned" only accounts for up to a small weight variation.

I saw the Gallup list of obesity rates by city. Washington was the only state that had different cities on both extremes of the list. Bellingham, a college town North of Seattle, was in the bottom 10. The city I live in, Yakima, ranks forth most obese in the country. My observations match the statistics. I see size 18 and highers every single day here. As common as can be.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:48 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post

....and do you not see the mirror that I was holding up, for those who are flipping out, so sure that women over the size of 10, are morbidly obese? The point is......not ALL large-sized women are obese, or lazy, or are just not eating right. Petite, strong, healthy women are offended at being "stereotyped", because of their body shape. So are larger women. My God, do you know what many of us went through....looking at those charts that "determined weight ranges for frame sizes"? Do you get what it's like for people who struggle, constantly, trying to fit in those ranges?

I never could...but God knows, because those were the "recommended, non-obese" weight ranges, being 20 over...well, was unacceptable. For years, I did everything imaginable (in my younger days), to battle myself into the "appropriate" weight range. Guess what? When I finally reached the high end of the "acceptable range" for my height and frame size...not one time, did I receive a compliment on my size!! No...but what I DID hear? Mel...you're not planning on losing any more weight, are you? Cuz hon, you're getting too thin. You LOOK better, look healthier, when you've got a few more lbs on. You're nothing but a bag of bones! I literally had to STARVE myself, in order to get to that weight.

In order to get to that "correct" weight, I had to lose muscle mass, as well as fat. I looked more like a boy, than a woman. Incidentally...boobs....they're body fat. Someone (and I am NOT alone, in my area), MY size, MY athletic build, MY body type....well..we tend to look more male than female, when we lose our body fat. You see, well developed abdominal muscles, built up by consistent hard, physical labor, also creates a larger (mannish) waistline. Without a little bit of fat...yeah, makeup, clothing and hairstyles are the only thing that saves us from appearing "mannish".

Please try to just accept that we're all different. Large does not equal unhealthy, anymore than Small=weak!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
If you all can stomach it, this website is a great place to look at women of all sizes and get a realistic view of what women look like at a size 18.

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

Old 07-09-2014, 08:47 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times
'If you don't have sex with overweight women, you're either gay or a pedophile.'

Is it okay to not be sexually attracted to people because they're really big?
http://fatwarriorgodess.tumblr.com/p...cted-to-people

This blog post made me loose a few IQ points.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,477 times
Wow! ^^

Old 07-09-2014, 12:18 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
'If you don't have sex with overweight women, you're either gay or a pedophile.'

Is it okay to not be sexually attracted to people because they're really big?
With the powers of Estrogen and Cellulite that be.

This blog post made me loose a few IQ points.
So what does this mean, you find some loon that thinks this way and this is the voice of all fat women?

Come on people you can do better than spend your time trying to humiliate people who don't fit your perfect molds. I've never met one single person large or small that thinks because someone isn't attracted to big people that means they are some kind of sexual deviant for that matter, most that I know have no expectation or need to have most people be attracted to us at our size. Just like age, race, some people are obsessed with overweight women and spend too much time finding ways to disparage them anyway possible. I could come up with all kinds of post about why I find women built like men/too muscled unattractive, or men without arsses, lacking stong manly features, but I don't spend countless moments posting such dribble. It appears too many of you just get off on hearing yourselves berated others just for the sake of boosting your own self worth. It's quite petty and the fact that you can't see this behavior as such speaks volumes.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:23 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
This always has been the case with me. I was 36 lb overweight ever since the age of 5. Right now, even after exercising, I am STILL 4 lb overweight. Should hit the ideal weight soon, hopefully. Love/Hate moment over a couple pounds

Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
There are some people who will never ever be skinny. It's pure genetics, biology.
then why are there so many fat people now as opposed to 40 years ago? please show evidence that biology/genetics have changed that much in 40 years to where people have gotten larger to the point where they could be considered "orbiting" around other people.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM

830 posts, read 1,665,690 times
Default Everyone faces discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242 View Post
Folks,

Do you believe overweight folks (who bellies bit show up) get discriminated by people not only by opposite but also same-sex gender, even by straight people?
Absolutely I believe overweight and obese people are victims of discrimination. It is sad to see, because I hate discrimination in all forms. I guess I'm stuck in kindergarten and living by the "Golden Rule."

At work I suspect at least one person is getting passed up for promotions due to his obesity. I understand the tasks he would have to do in a supervisory position require a lot of walking around and quick response to pages and phone calls, but a) he has experience b) other very fat people have or have had the same position. I feel bad for writing about this because it's none of my business but I can't help but notice. He seems to get picked on more from men managers than women. I think age, gender and personality play factors; a young man in his 20s "shouldn't" be obese and if he is then there's something wrong with him.

May I add my story, an opposite experience: I think I was treated better as a slightly/borderline overweight person than I am now as a "little," definitely-not-overweight person. That is especially true of my same-sex gender. I see kind of a different "look" in the eyes of others; women have an extra look of competition or incredulous-ness (if that's a word) while men look but do not want to talk to me, and when I try to talk to them they act agitated or cold. This is very difficult to explain, I'm sorry. Maybe my personality fits a large person and not a little person? I do not see myself as skinny or small, I see myself in the "normal" spectrum. But probably before with a little more weight I was seen as "normal" and I was taken more seriously. Anyway these attitudes make me distrustful of new people--I try to hide the distrust and it hurts me to know I carry it due to others' contamination. I had no lack of male attention when I was heavier, so I don't think it's all because of that nonsense.

Just one more thing, I don't buy the whole "fat people don't fit into my active lifestyle" B.S. Take my uncoordinated self hiking one day and see how long it takes before I twist an ankle, or invite me to play a game involving a ball of any sort and see how many times I miss or hit myself in the head. Looking the part doesn't mean a thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty