U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:36 PM

1,700 posts, read 791,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I would like to be 5'5...that would be tall enough to reach the top shelves in my cabinets and not have to climb the shelves at the grocery store. The seatbelt in my car would also fit a lot more comfortably as well, and I'm not even that short!

Being "vertically challenged", as my husband puts it, is a pain in the rear sometimes.
the other day i was at the grocery store and something was way up on the top shelf and back a little. i usually can climb and reach it, but i looked around before climbing and saw there was this tall man right there, so i said "excuse me mister tall man! can you get that for me?" he was more than happy to and we both got a laugh out of it. i hope i didn't offend him by calling him 'mister tall man'!

i have always liked being short but sometimes it can be a pain. i'm 5'2". to the OP, if i were you i'd just take the compliment and smile.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 PM

6,108 posts, read 6,198,514 times
I'm short, and sometimes it bugs me that I'll never feel or be seen as elegant, beautiful, etc. I get "cute" a lot. I suppose it's better than nothing, though.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 PM

331 posts, read 439,735 times
I walked by the Seagals (the Seattle Seahawks' cheerleaders) at an event and they were all like 5'10".

Old 07-02-2014, 01:10 AM

25,584 posts, read 30,493,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I'm short, and sometimes it bugs me that I'll never feel or be seen as elegant, beautiful, etc. I get "cute" a lot. I suppose it's better than nothing, though.
At least I don't call you "stump."

Yes, you are beautiful. And classy. Can't forget classy.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 AM

123 posts, read 93,851 times
because babys are adorable and babies are small.

but my bf would always call me adorable and I'm 5'5... which is average or a little above average height.

small features like baby's are adorable too. -though/but, my features are all very medium. so, idonno. not always just short women I guess

Old 07-02-2014, 02:45 AM

6,348 posts, read 10,319,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganNYC View Post
I'm on the shorter side and men always call me adorable. It's annoying and I don't understand it?

My wife of 31 years is 5'2. I'm 6'5. We're called adorable all the time when we're together.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:32 AM

5,862 posts, read 7,082,141 times
I'm under 5'. I've been called many things because of my height--cute, tiny, peewee, little, shorty, etc., etc. I don't think I've every been called "adorable" by anyone except my spouse. Perhaps it's because I project a seriousness many times.

I've heard every short joke and comment in the book. I'm waiting for the day I hear an "original."

I've been short my entire life. It's never bothered me except for a period in my teen years. I'm immune to any comments about it because as I stated I've heard them all. People like to make comments about things that are different. Not a big deal.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:53 AM

3,037 posts, read 2,337,831 times
I'm 5ft2, I've never been called adorable. I'm often told I'm beautiful(typically if it's a random stranger or someone I'm not close to), by men that are dating me I'm called sexy, by guys that like me and are trying to date me I've been told I'm pretty, gorgeous, fine, or very cute. Although the cute thing has only happened twice. So I don't think all short girls are called cute pet names. I think that maybe if they are calling you adorable it can be a combination of height, personality, and looks. The couple of times I was called cute it was admittingly when I was having blonde moments or being very naive (I'm black btw lol). So I interpreted it as my behavior mixed with my looks gave me this innocent look which translated to cuteness. But to me when men give me compliments it's referring to the entire package and how they work together. Face, body, aura, walk, personality, and how you are when you interact with them. Being short is one factor, there are others which together come off as adorable(for you) to men. It isn't a bad thing at all. Even being acknowledged as adorable or cute means you have at least been acknowledged as attractive or noticeable in some fashion. I wouldn't take it as an insult at all.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,756,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I find it strange that many women don't like being called cute. To me (a guy), adjectives like sexy and hot only speak to the guys loins. Beautiful and elegant are coldy asthetic... but cute or especially adorable come with real feelings of affection.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:47 AM

1,260 posts, read 936,534 times
I love a stacked shorty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or