U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:29 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,898,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I'm just wondering. I have problem. I don't fit any of the four main body shapes that clearly. I am really top heavy. 36-23-33 with 38" shoulders I'm a 32D but wear size 0s I think.

I'm not an apple because my waist is the smallest area. But I'm not an hourglass glass as my bust and shoulders are bigger than my hips. I don't really want to minimize my bust and shoulders. I like the look it gives me my shoulders are slim well defined and wide it gives me an athletic look but my hips are just a lot smaller looking. How can I make it look wider? I have a shapely butt so it's not a problem of a flat butt just the front on line up. My waistline is well defined due to both my shoulders and hips drastic measurement in comparison it's just a matter of my hips being 3 or 5 inches smaller than my bust or shoulder respectively. How can I look proportioned well in jeans or skinny jeans?

Ask a guy - no one you really know - what he thinks. I bet you look just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 09:36 PM

24 posts, read 22,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I wear an even more annoying bra size than 30D (34H). All of the people basically stop making bras at H cup. And sadly for me, losing weight actually increases my cup. I am teetering at the top of the size charts in most brands. It sucks!

Try Freya and Cleo. They both start at D and go down to 28.

The fact that you two are pretty slim and wearing 32 bands leads me to believe that visually your shoulders do look quite a bit wider than your hips!

*my own shape is busty pear. This can shift a bit as my weight does and I'll appear more balanced at some weights and less balanced at others, but generally, my shoulders are narrower than my hips.
Thank you so much for the brand recommendations When people hear a D cup they automatically think "big". And then they see me and have this look , lol

I've seen your pictures and you look great. I always wanted to be a pear. My sister has the best pear shape I've seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Bodies change a lot as you age. My body proportions are radically different now. I used to have wider hips and a big butt not overly big butt, and ever since I turned 25 my butt has gotten very big, to the point where it's commented on constantly(I've even created a thread about it--my waist has always been slim, my legs have always been thick, my bust was always average. I've made no diet changes and in the last two months my bust is fuller, my legs are slimmer, waist and arms slimmer, and my butt is bigger again. I'm 5ft2 and I'm a 4, but at stores that run smaller a 6. I recently tried a bikini on from a vacation I took earlier in the year. The bottom are too tight... It makes no sense. Got on the scale weigh less than I did back than, legs are smaller, etc, similar diet and exercise regimen, but my body changed again. It happens a lot I hear. I most miss the body I had at 18--I was around the same size but my hips were very wide but I looked more narrow and my shoulders didnt seem as broad, my butt was just the right size, etc.
My body shape is pretty much the same since teenage years. I've look at my pictures and... yep... broad shoulders But then again I think my weight stay the same most of the time. I don't weigh myself so I really don't know. I just go by how my clothes fit

Old 07-04-2014, 09:41 PM

72,756 posts, read 64,231,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Bodies change a lot as you age. My body proportions are radically different now. I used to have wider hips and a big butt not overly big butt, and ever since I turned 25 my butt has gotten very big, to the point where it's commented on constantly(I've even created a thread about it--my waist has always been slim, my legs have always been thick, my bust was always average. I've made no diet changes and in the last two months my bust is fuller, my legs are slimmer, waist and arms slimmer, and my butt is bigger again. I'm 5ft2 and I'm a 4, but at stores that run smaller a 6. I recently tried a bikini on from a vacation I took earlier in the year. The bottom are too tight... It makes no sense. Got on the scale weigh less than I did back than, legs are smaller, etc, similar diet and exercise regimen, but my body changed again. It happens a lot I hear. I most miss the body I had at 18--I was around the same size but my hips were very wide but I looked more narrow and my shoulders didnt seem as broad, my butt was just the right size, etc.
Hormones. Your body undoubtedly changed through your teens, too. And the hormonal cocktail hasn't settled down quite yet.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post
Thank you so much for the brand recommendations When people hear a D cup they automatically think "big". And then they see me and have this look , lol
This website is so helpful too.
http://www.brabandproject.com/

I finally tried Curvy Kate and Ewa Michalak. These two brands are a little harder to find. I think curvy kate has wide underwires, but Ewa fit awesome and the band runs a little tight which is good when you at the small end of ribcages.

Quote:
I've seen your pictures and you look great. I always wanted to be a pear. My sister has the best pear shape I've seen
Thanks! I am totally jealous of the long torsoed pears with wide hips. Having a short torso is obnoxious. Lol.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:32 PM

24 posts, read 22,433 times
Quote:
This website is so helpful too.
Welcome | Bra Band Project

I finally tried Curvy Kate and Ewa Michalak. These two brands are a little harder to find. I think curvy kate has wide underwires, but Ewa fit awesome and the band runs a little tight which is good when you at the small end of ribcages.

Thanks! I am totally jealous of the long torsoed pears with wide hips. Having a short torso is obnoxious. Lol.

You don't look like you have a short torso to me

I can't thank you enough for your help. I totally hijacked this thread It feels like I just discovered the world wide web. I have never heard of that website before. That's why I like asking in forums because I am not really good at searching the interwebs

Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 PM

459 posts, read 510,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post

My body shape is pretty much the same since teenage years. I've look at my pictures and... yep... broad shoulders But then again I think my weight stay the same most of the time. I don't weigh myself so I really don't know. I just go by how my clothes fit

a 32D is actually on the large end. It's a full size. I always am told I look uite large for my size. 13" difference between waist and bust.

People usually guess me to be a slim D.

30D is different as it is a 32C and 34B sister sizes. Also having hips to match the bust makes the bust look smaller. Or in check.

My bust looks even bigger because of the hips and small rib cage.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
my rib cage is actually not 32". It's 27.5 normal 26.5 exhaling about 30 exhaling.

My hips are 5 inches smaller than my shoulders my hips can't compare to my shoulders. Iggy's hip could hardly compare to my shoulders. My hips are just not quite like my waistline but they're not like my bust and they're certainly not like my shoulders. I tend to think all four have their own size not similar with any.

Last time I gained weight I gained everywhere but less in the waistline.
You probably should try a 28F bra. It might fit you better. Head over to Nordstrom, they probably have that size.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
You probably should try a 28F bra. It might fit you better. Head over to Nordstrom, they probably have that size.
No I'm a 28FF or G. 28F is a 32C.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
No I'm a 28FF or G. 28F is a 32C.
Maybe 28ff American. 32D > 30E > 28F typically. But obviously different brands fit differently too. And American sizes skip E. UK DD is typically smaller than an E. I forget the letter lineup American, but it is something like D, DD, DDD, F. UK G is around US J.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Maybe 28ff American. 32D > 30E > 28F typically. But obviously different brands fit differently too. And American sizes skip E. UK DD is typically smaller than an E. I forget the letter lineup American, but it is something like D, DD, DDD, F. UK G is around US J.
No Iwassaying off measurements not sister sizing.

There's a difference. I'm 36 around the bust 27.5 regular or 26.5 exhaling.That would make me a g or gg cup on here.

BRA FITTING 101 - YouTube

BRA FITTING 101 - YouTube

I always did it how you were saying. That would make me a 28I or 26J/K depending on which way to round the cup size and which band size I'd use.

A 28F would either way make me a 34/35 bust size not the 36 I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty