U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 PM

492 posts, read 505,354 times

Advertisements

Isn't there padded undergarment to make the butt larger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 06:10 PM

72,675 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilba View Post
She said her butt is fine. It's her hip width she's concerned about. But I don't know why. Those pix she's posted show an hourglass figure. She doesn't need hips that are any wider.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:13 PM

459 posts, read 510,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She said her butt is fine. It's her hip width she's concerned about. But I don't know why. Those pix she's posted show an hourglass figure. She doesn't need hips that are any wider.

Yeah I do because my shoulders 38". That's a lot more than 33". Plus my bust line is about the same size as katy perry's.

Like I said I have no problem with my waist it's all shoulder v. hips and my shoulders and bust are way bigger.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:14 PM

459 posts, read 510,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilba View Post
I just was looking online for this sort of stuff it looked silly though tbh. like if an outfit misfunction would be pretty hilarious.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:29 PM

824 posts, read 1,285,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I'm just wondering. I have problem. I don't fit any of the four main body shapes that clearly. I am really top heavy. 36-23-33 with 38" shoulders I'm a 32D but wear size 0s I think.

I'm not an apple because my waist is the smallest area. But I'm not an hourglass glass as my bust and shoulders are bigger than my hips. I don't really want to minimize my bust and shoulders. I like the look it gives me my shoulders are slim well defined and wide it gives me an athletic look but my hips are just a lot smaller looking. How can I make it look wider? I have a shapely butt so it's not a problem of a flat butt just the front on line up. My waistline is well defined due to both my shoulders and hips drastic measurement in comparison it's just a matter of my hips being 3 or 5 inches smaller than my bust or shoulder respectively. How can I look proportioned well in jeans or skinny jeans?
I don't think there's any way to change your natural body shape, but you are lucky to have such big boobs while being so skinny. But I think wearing a peplum top might give you the illusion of curvier hips.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:35 PM

706 posts, read 912,068 times
Going by your measurements, you already are ahead of the game with a more attractive figure than probably 80% of women or more. Why is having wider hips so important?

I'm guessing you might not have kids yet. When or if you ever do, that might give you the wider hips you're seeking. Of course it might change your other dimensions as well. Just be happy that you have a nice figure as is and use clothing to create an illusion of wider hips.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:43 PM

18,255 posts, read 11,653,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I don't think there's any way to change your natural body shape, but you are lucky to have such big boobs while being so skinny. But I think wearing a peplum top might give you the illusion of curvier hips.
Trannies do it all the time via injectable silicone and other sorts of implants. How safe or even sane such approaches are is another matter.

Generally however a woman has what she has to work with in creating an "hour glass" shape. While it is possible to enlarge the bosom area with implants you still need a small waist in ratio to hips/upper thighs and breasts.

Whenever the voluptuous body shape comes into fashion a vast and often bizarre array of padded and or constricting undergarments are designed to provide what nature did not. While this illusion works well when one is some what fully dressed, they aren't much help when nude or nearly so such as when wearing revealing and tight fitting clothing.

Historically when "hour glass" shapes were in women displayed often scandalous amounts of bosom leaving the rest of their bodies covered. This meant various padding could be employed along with tight lacing/boning to produce the desired shape.

Watch this clip of Jayne Mansfield who though a very healthy woman of her era is still padded and corseted to death. Aside from her over flowing and prominent cleavage much of the balance is created by artifice.

The Girl Can't Help It - Jayne Mansfield - YouTube

Old 07-02-2014, 07:25 PM

834 posts, read 886,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Trannies do it all the time via injectable silicone and other sorts of implants.
I think that's more relevant to the OP and explains his/her measurement issues.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:26 PM

18,255 posts, read 11,653,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
I think that's more relevant to the OP and explains his/her measurement issues.
Cannot say if it is true but many in the African-American as well as Latino/Hispanic communities swear by consuming lots of rice and beans will fill out thighs and hips.

For the OP as one understands she is top heavy in relation to the rest of her measurements. To make things appear in proportion then something must be made larger or something else smaller.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 PM

2,456 posts, read 2,438,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
You could be a combo of the two....inverted triangle and somewhat if an hourglass. Either way, you can make your hips look a little bigger by wear flared/pleated or tiered skirts. Any clothes that add fullness and dimension to your bottom half while downplaying your shoulders and bust.
Yes, you could do that or you could take up horseback riding, or pretend to, and wear jodhpurs.

Zedasport: A Premium Company Providing Equestrian Clothing, Horse Riding Apparel, Breeches, Jodhpurs, Polo wear , T-shirts, Shirts, Polo T-shirts, Customize Clothing, Horse Accessories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty