Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:24 PM

24 posts, read 37,745 times

Advertisements

Well I am in the same shape since 15. And by that, I mean broad shoulder, small waist and hips. I didn't measure my body at that age, but I can still fit on my teenage years clothes

I am pretty short though, like 4'11.5" so I don't look really skinny. It's just that I am a little conscious of my broad shoulder

How tall are you? With your proportion, I am pretty sure you look great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 08:26 PM

24 posts, read 37,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
Well then maybe you're a 30D? because 32D's are 36".

I used to be a 32C (35). I would wear 34C's pretty well just on the last hook.

A 32 inch rib cage + 4 inches as a D cup is 4". It equals 36".
I have never tried 30D. I should go and try one next time. It's a pain to even find 32D's, I bet it is much harder to find 30D's

Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Be healthy. Don't abuse your body. Be thankful for what you have.

I'll never be hourglass. Sad thing, I do better shopping at men's racks. 30x34 jeans fit pretty doggone good. I can do 33 length but they're impossible to find. 32's are too short. Still, men's pants. No hour glass here!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:40 PM

459 posts, read 768,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post
Well I am in the same shape since 15. And by that, I mean broad shoulder, small waist and hips. I didn't measure my body at that age, but I can still fit on my teenage years clothes

I am pretty short though, like 4'11.5" so I don't look really skinny. It's just that I am a little conscious of my broad shoulder

How tall are you? With your proportion, I am pretty sure you look great
I still fit 0's I don't really know what size I was as a teen I just drowned in 0. I've been the same thing since 14 in a sense just different weights. I still wear stuff I wore at 15 not 14 because I don't I have any clothing from then. At 14 I was a 35-24-31. So I'm still the same dress size basically. I'm 5'1"

Old 07-04-2014, 12:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuki View Post
I have never tried 30D. I should go and try one next time. It's a pain to even find 32D's, I bet it is much harder to find 30D's
I wear an even more annoying bra size than 30D (34H). All of the people basically stop making bras at H cup. And sadly for me, losing weight actually increases my cup. I am teetering at the top of the size charts in most brands. It sucks!

Try Freya and Cleo. They both start at D and go down to 28.

The fact that you two are pretty slim and wearing 32 bands leads me to believe that visually your shoulders do look quite a bit wider than your hips!

*my own shape is busty pear. This can shift a bit as my weight does and I'll appear more balanced at some weights and less balanced at others, but generally, my shoulders are narrower than my hips.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:27 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Bodies change a lot as you age. My body proportions are radically different now. I used to have wider hips and a big butt not overly big butt, and ever since I turned 25 my butt has gotten very big, to the point where it's commented on constantly(I've even created a thread about it--my waist has always been slim, my legs have always been thick, my bust was always average. I've made no diet changes and in the last two months my bust is fuller, my legs are slimmer, waist and arms slimmer, and my butt is bigger again. I'm 5ft2 and I'm a 4, but at stores that run smaller a 6. I recently tried a bikini on from a vacation I took earlier in the year. The bottom are too tight... It makes no sense. Got on the scale weigh less than I did back than, legs are smaller, etc, similar diet and exercise regimen, but my body changed again. It happens a lot I hear. I most miss the body I had at 18--I was around the same size but my hips were very wide but I looked more narrow and my shoulders didnt seem as broad, my butt was just the right size, etc.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:28 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I wear an even more annoying bra size than 30D (34H). All of the people basically stop making bras at H cup. And sadly for me, losing weight actually increases my cup. I am teetering at the top of the size charts in most brands. It sucks!

The fact that you two are pretty slim and wearing 32 bands leads me to believe that visually your shoulders do look quite a bit wider than your hips!

*my own shape is busty pear. This can shift a bit as my weight does and I'll appear more balanced at some weights and less balanced at others, but generally, my shoulders are narrower than my hips.
Wow. I wonder if what happened to you is the same as me.... Just an opposite areas. I've lost weight since January but my butt is bigger. Your explanation makes sense.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:37 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Wow. I wonder if what happened to you is the same as me.... Just an opposite areas. I've lost weight since January but my butt is bigger. Your explanation makes sense.
Maybe! I noticed weird patterns with age too. Like in my late 20s early 30s I gained a cup, with no weight change. I met a woman the other week and she was also busty and she said...wait till you hit your 40s. They keep growing. But for me weight loss = smaller rib cage measurement with the same volume. And oddly, thinking back, with the exception of that extra cup in the past several years, my breasts haven't really changed size since roughly age 17. But I was smaller then (nowhere near the right bra size)

I thought crap!!!!! Heaven forbid I have a kid. It would be hopeless! I would need to get custom bras. The stupid thing is, it is not like I am out of proportion in terms of bustiness. I think to myself, If I am having so much trouble, what about the super busty women!

I've got some goal measurements in mind. We will see if it I can get there. (They are in proportion to my current shape, so it seems pretty likely. I did have different goals, but I found, when I did manage to lose some, that those goals just weren't going to happen with my build. I am stuck with a smaller ribcage/narrower shoulders. (My sister and I have roughly the same measurements, or they are fairly close. But clothing fits wildly different since she is broader at the shoulder, and our legs are completely shaped/built differently.)

Old 07-04-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

my rib cage is actually not 32". It's 27.5 normal 26.5 exhaling about 30 exhaling.

My hips are 5 inches smaller than my shoulders my hips can't compare to my shoulders. Iggy's hip could hardly compare to my shoulders. My hips are just not quite like my waistline but they're not like my bust and they're certainly not like my shoulders. I tend to think all four have their own size not similar with any.

Last time I gained weight I gained everywhere but less in the waistline.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Bodies change a lot as you age. My body proportions are radically different now. I used to have wider hips and a big butt not overly big butt, and ever since I turned 25 my butt has gotten very big, to the point where it's commented on constantly(I've even created a thread about it--my waist has always been slim, my legs have always been thick, my bust was always average. I've made no diet changes and in the last two months my bust is fuller, my legs are slimmer, waist and arms slimmer, and my butt is bigger again. I'm 5ft2 and I'm a 4, but at stores that run smaller a 6. I recently tried a bikini on from a vacation I took earlier in the year. The bottom are too tight... It makes no sense. Got on the scale weigh less than I did back than, legs are smaller, etc, similar diet and exercise regimen, but my body changed again. It happens a lot I hear. I most miss the body I had at 18--I was around the same size but my hips were very wide but I looked more narrow and my shoulders didnt seem as broad, my butt was just the right size, etc.
I can wear the same 0/00 as before just a closer fit in the butt thighs and shoulders. I have noticed my shoulders are the same but size I got a bigger bust I can't fit my shoulders into things I used to fit them inside previously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty