U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 03:36 PM

459 posts, read 509,793 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering. I have problem. I don't fit any of the four main body shapes that clearly. I am really top heavy. 36-23-33 with 38" shoulders I'm a 32D but wear size 0s I think.

I'm not an apple because my waist is the smallest area. But I'm not an hourglass glass as my bust and shoulders are bigger than my hips. I don't really want to minimize my bust and shoulders. I like the look it gives me my shoulders are slim well defined and wide it gives me an athletic look but my hips are just a lot smaller looking. How can I make it look wider? I have a shapely butt so it's not a problem of a flat butt just the front on line up. My waistline is well defined due to both my shoulders and hips drastic measurement in comparison it's just a matter of my hips being 3 or 5 inches smaller than my bust or shoulder respectively. How can I look proportioned well in jeans or skinny jeans?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 03:41 PM

706 posts, read 911,897 times
You can't change your basic body (bone) structure. You can wear clothes that make it appear as if you have wider hips, but that's about it. You pretty much get what you get in terms of skeletal structure, you can only recompose muscle/fat. It sounds like you're an inverted triangle.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
You can't change your basic body (bone) structure. You can wear clothes that make it appear as if you have wider hips, but that's about it. You pretty much get what you get in terms of skeletal structure, you can only recompose muscle/fat. It sounds like you're an inverted triangle.
I tried looking at how they dress it doesn't help at all considering that I have bigger hips in comparison to my waistline 10 inches is the minimum. And I don't have a flat bum.

What to wear look best inverted triangle body shape | Joy of Clothes

What to wear look best neat hour glass body shape | Joy of Clothes

the definition of hourglass seems to fit more?

But I don't get what "neat" hips mean? Or "neat bottom"?

But I have a defined waistline and defined bust and hips that are bigger than my waist. My smallest area is my waistline the hips are second but a lot bigger than my waistline. And I gain weight in my bust first then thighs then butt. My waist last.

The only thing in hourglass I don't have is I wear on top medium sometimes and a 32D but a 0 on the bottoms. I can wear small or extra small in tops especially tanks I can get away with a small in regular shirts my shoulders make me go a size up but overall I'm a small size.

General rule to wearing clothing I flatter my shape by focusing on my waistline. But it tends to overemphasize the shoulders and therefore make the hips too narrow.

With Inverted triangles they tend to have a cluttered look and lack of definition because the hips are too small for the waistline. It's not the problem I face in clothing really.

Last edited by justawkward11; 07-02-2014 at 04:04 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 04:03 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
You are an inverted triangle shape. For some women this can turn into more "apple" with weight gain.

Highlight your waist, and wear a-line or flared items to give you a hippier look.

Remember, measurements don't tell the whole story. Hip width is important too. I am assuming you have narrower hips and a bigger butt.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You are an inverted triangle shape. For some women this can turn into more "apple" with weight gain.

Highlight your waist, and wear a-line or flared items to give you a hippier look.

Remember, measurements don't tell the whole story. Hip width is important too. I am assuming you have narrower hips and a bigger butt.
No not really. I measured right under my butt and then above it it's about an inch and a half different. I have a smallish butt but it's not big or flat...

Like I said I naturally have a well defined waistline. My waist definitely spreads out to the hips....

The issue with most Inverted triangles is they have a cluttered issue with no defined waistline.

I tend to wear my clothing wearing emphasizing the waistline but then it's just the battle of the shoulders and bust against the hips. They're both clearly bigger than my waistline. But my shoulders are just a lot bigger. My hips are only an inch smaller than Candice swanepoel. We have the same dimensions waist down basically. I have a similar butt and hips just a tad smaller. My hips are also high like hers. And I have long legs. Rounder thighs. With weight gain I gain first in my bust actually the thighs and butt. My waist is last. I also have skinny arms and shoulders oddly enough. I don't gain in my waist and my arms are always bony.

Hope I gave you a better idea of things. Just basically Candice slightly slimmer with gigantic shoulders and a full bust. How would one make her hips look wider?

My shoulders are 38" on a 23" waist that's wider than iggy azalea hips. She has a 23" waist as well.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:21 PM

706 posts, read 911,897 times
You could be a combo of the two....inverted triangle and somewhat if an hourglass. Either way, you can make your hips look a little bigger by wear flared/pleated or tiered skirts. Any clothes that add fullness and dimension to your bottom half while downplaying your shoulders and bust.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:33 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
You could be a combo of the two....inverted triangle and somewhat if an hourglass. Either way, you can make your hips look a little bigger by wear flared/pleated or tiered skirts. Any clothes that add fullness and dimension to your bottom half while downplaying your shoulders and bust.
I agree with this. You just need to add volume at the bottom. Sometimes it is harder to "look" like an hour glass if you have broader shoulders without wide hips. That's why you do tricks with volume!

I tend to look hippy, so I try to make my shoulders appear wider. Reality is, my bust is about 2 inches smaller than my hips.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:37 PM

3,263 posts, read 2,838,518 times
"what is an hourglass figure? How to get one?"

Why would you want one without knowing what it is?

Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,360,941 times
I'd try to loose a little in the bust if it were me. I wouldn't want a D cup size if I was your size. I am just a couple inches larger than you are in waist and hips and a D cup. I'd feel extremely top heavy if I was your size -- I think that is the area you should work on if in fact you want to look more proportional.

By the way, what do you mean by your shoulder size? I've never heard of measuring the shoulders.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
like a top hourglass? I think this definition is rare I tend to identify with it because my shape goes in but out twice like an hourglass but not proportionately.

what's a good jean that gives volume? I wear some jeans that gave me curves down there when I was younger I had small hips when I was a teen it made them curve out then but idk what kind they actually were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty