U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:13 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,270,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Seems like most guys I see with girlfriends have broad shoulders. Would you guys agree?

Edit: even though this isn't the exercise forum, what are some good workouts for broad shoulders?
Broad shoulders are ok. Tiny shoulders, not so much. But as has been mentioned, there's nothing sexier on a man than a good brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 06:32 AM

1,638 posts, read 2,470,299 times
This is akin to saying "Men like women with breasts?".

It's a thing that I suppose adds to the overall quality of the package.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:37 AM

15,566 posts, read 9,642,463 times
As crazy as it sounds, yes, some women do seem to like broad shoulders. My last GF commented on mine more than once and they seemed to be a turn on for her. I remember one time she said that all the bike riding and things we were doing seemed to be making mine even broader. I thought it was an odd statement, but from reading this thread it must be true.

Don

Old 07-05-2014, 07:26 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,211,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Seems like most guys I see with girlfriends have broad shoulders. Would you guys agree?

Edit: even though this isn't the exercise forum, what are some good workouts for broad shoulders?
I don't think there's much you can do about that in terms of workouts. At best, any "improvements" in that area will be small. Broad shoulders, much like height, is very much a genetic thing...you either have them or you don't. It's dependent on bone structure and frame.

So you shouldn't even worry about that. Focus on things you have more control over. Also, it's hard to beat a sensible, intelligent, fun and creative brain.

I think it is true that many women like guys who are taller than them and bigger than them (in the broad shoulders, physically fit way). It helps them feel more feminine in the presence of the guy, and it helps the guy feel more masculine in the presence of the woman. It's a psychological thing, I believe. That said...for many women it is not a must-have; other things are more important. A confident, bright, friendly and charming guy who has a spine and takes care of himself is likely going to be attractive, no matter what his build and height are.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,562,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
This is akin to saying "Men like women with breasts?".

It's a thing that I suppose adds to the overall quality of the package.
I almost typed this exact thing in my original post, but was afraid of the derail by the individuals who would feel the need to point out that THEY don't care about breasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I've never heard of this being a quality that women are looking for.
I hope this is sarcasm.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:51 PM

6,037 posts, read 6,076,947 times
Women love a good physique.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Women love a good physique.
That's true.

I do tend to prefer men that have more meat on their bones. Skinny men (even if they have a lot of muscle) don't stir in me any sort of desire. I don't find them attractive.

I like my men solid, not skinny. And I certainly detest the look of dudes with ripped muscles that look like some ridiculously absurd comic book character. EW!!!!! Yuck!

Old 07-05-2014, 03:40 PM

975 posts, read 1,004,671 times
I think being fit(broad shoulders smaller waist) makes most women give a second look, BUT if you get to big(muscle bound) women seem to go the other way.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
I think being fit(broad shoulders smaller waist) makes most women give a second look, BUT if you get to big(muscle bound) women seem to go the other way.
Exactly. I have never understood why some men want their muscles that large. It doesn't look right.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:03 PM

26,865 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Broad shoulders are a nice to have. It makes a man seem "stronger" and more capable of protecting you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or