Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 PM

910 posts, read 2,292,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Besides the excellent advice from previous poster, I recommend STOPPING SHAMPOO! That's right, for guys with their shorter hair, no need to use anything but water and your massaging fingers. My 60 year old husband's hair has actually gotten a bit thicker since he quit shampoo, he has a very thin baldish spot on the back of his head that he has had for many years, and it has actually improved.

You might also want to add gelatin to your diet, be sure to get enough protein. B vitamins are also excellent for hair, i would take a balanced B supplement.
I'm glad you mentioned the shampoo as I'm a little shy about telling people to stop even though I don't use it myself (but I co-wash instead).

I too started taking Knox gelatin recently for all of its benefits (skin, hair, nails, joints, sleep, etc.), it also makes a great protein deep treatment and/or hair gel too.

Ohnotthis28, I agree it's not bad at this point but it's the right time to start taking preventive measures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 01:36 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,903 times
That could easily just be your hair parted weird. It's hard to tell one way or another, but even if your losing it you are a long LONG way from it being bad. I'm 25 and my hair is pretty well decimated, you are fine.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu21 View Post
I saw you picture and your hair loss isn't that bad. A friend of mine was going through the same thing and he started using Rogaine which can be bought at Sam's or Costco at a reasonable price, as well as Propecia and his hair loss was reversed. Today his hair is as thick as it was originally.

If you start using those 2 products (which have been approved by the FDA) now, I can assure you not only will your hair loss stop, it will start growing in again and be as thick or almost as thick as it used to be. I've seen the results on my friend and can attest that those 2 products really work.
when you stop using them your hair all falls out though, so once you start your using them for life. No thanks.

Plus, propencia has really messed with a lot of guys. What good is a full head of hair if your impotent?

Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
To me, balding has more to do with the hairline, like this:

What Are the Common Causes of a Receding Hairline in Men?

Your hairline looks nice and low.

This only looks like the VERY beginnings of thinning hair, which is natural. Not a crisis, and definitely not worth using special products or freaking out.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:01 PM

351 posts, read 586,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
when you stop using them your hair all falls out though, so once you start your using them for life. No thanks.

Well, my friend's hair starting thinning about 10 years ago. He was really stressing about it and then started using Rogaine. When his hair stopped falling out, and started growing in, he was very happy with the results. And apparently, he feel's its worth it.

Plus, propencia has really messed with a lot of guys. What good is a full head of hair if your impotent?
Impotency might be one of the side effects for some men. It hasn't affected my friend that way if I'm to believe the stories of his adventures in the dating scene.

The great thing is the OP has all these options to choose from, or not for an issue that is obviously causing him some concern.

Last edited by Honolulu21; 07-12-2014 at 01:16 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 07:19 AM

223 posts, read 300,192 times
I looks like an odd spot to start balding. The rest of your hair looks nice and thick. If it were me, I would talk to a dermatologist to see what he thinks. A lot of people seem to have success with Rogaine. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu21 View Post
Impotency might be one of the side effects for some men. It hasn't affected my friend that way if I'm to believe the stories of his adventures in the dating scene.

The great thing is the OP has all these options to choose from, or not for an issue that is obviously causing him some concern.
Yeah, well it's all fun and games until you are one of the "some" men. I don't need hair to attract and satisfy women, but I do need my man parts and sex drive to be functioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty