U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 PM

2,656 posts, read 2,131,890 times

Advertisements

The pattern since my school days has been mostly white females, almost never older than me, decent-looking but not elegant-looking. (Of course there probably have been women whose signs I have missed, and maybe they're outside that mold.) Almost all outgoing (to be expected, I guess) and sometimes very weird, like weird enough to get TV shows. Something about me is a magnet for them. I dress close to normal in a casual, deliberate way. I'm not quite conventional tall, dark, and handsome and have definitely not been handsome at times. Slim. Maybe my mannerisms and face signal that I have something weird and relatable to them.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:39 PM

15,804 posts, read 13,239,318 times
Russian/Irish mix. I have blue eyes and blonde hair (been told I am actually a red head aka "strawberry blonde") that is very curly and long. I am almost 5'10 and weigh 160lb.

Being a surfer I have dated more than my fair share of surfers, aside from that no particular type. My husband is half caucasian half hawaiian/filipino. Its been 20 some odd years, so he seems to like me. I am almost 42, and I teach at the local cc, so most of the time I get "hit on" its by inappropriate and stupid late teens early 20s guys. Sometimes when I go out with the girls, we get hit on by 30 somethings but most of the guys our age at the bar don't talk to us. Weird actually now that I think about it.

Do we really think tho that there is some sort of correlation between one's physical type and the physical type that we attract? Or is it we attract people based on our type in terms of our dress/culture type?

Old 07-12-2014, 07:00 PM

26,919 posts, read 28,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I was cleaning outside at work, an old bum on a bike came up to me, made a lame joke, then asked for my number, which he didn't get. lol
I've had the bum ask for change then my phone number. That is always hilarious.

Quote:
Those are my most recent suitors. Isn't it great? -sarcasm- lol

No money. Least yours offered that lol

But thankfully, none of those guys outright asked me out, sans 1 --who came close with asking for my number. Did seem they were attracted though.
At the moment I have a mixed signals thing going on now. The short version: I've got a many months long flirtation going with a cute restaurant owner. Maybe I'll get to a resolution soon, but my last attempt was thwarted by his visiting friends. On the up note, there are fringe benefits to this flirtation, I get VIP service and free glasses of wine from him. . I swear everyone who works there must know something. I keep getting free stuff.

I personally find it comes in waves, and I haven't figured out the pattern. It is basically all losers or all winners.

Quote:
Myself and to attract guys I actually like. It hasn't worked yet. But maybe I may get lucky. That aside, I am not happy with my own looks for now. Average is ok, but maybe I can feel pretty with a bit more work done, and meet guys where attraction is mutual. Losing more weight, and more exercise, and make-up, and possible dying my hair. Blonde is boring. And moving to a larger area where more people are, plus things to get out and do, because there's nothing around where I live now.
Confidence goes a long way. Try the makeup and hair stuff now! Don't wait until you are at your "perfect weight."

Old 07-12-2014, 07:18 PM

953 posts, read 744,170 times
People look at me and say "You probably don't get much, do you?"
I say "Nope, you're wrong...I don't get any"

I don't want to say I'm ugly...but the CDC uses my picture to induce vomiting.

wth!

Old 07-12-2014, 07:39 PM

4,549 posts, read 3,524,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I've had the bum ask for change then my phone number. That is always hilarious.
Tsk. Not to sound arrogant. But, I would say they aren't being realistic with that. lol I'm not Jessica Rabbit, or rich myself. But nobody is going to want a bum with no money that they have to take care of. Sans the ones looking for a trophy partner, and even then, you have to look damn good so you can be shown off.

Quote:
At the moment I have a mixed signals thing going on now. The short version: I've got a many months long flirtation going with a cute restaurant owner. Maybe I'll get to a resolution soon, but my last attempt was thwarted by his visiting friends. On the up note, there are fringe benefits to this flirtation, I get VIP service and free glasses of wine from him. . I swear everyone who works there must know something. I keep getting free stuff.
If you like this guy back, good for you. You're lucky. Only man who does things for me is my father, and it's not free lol

Quote:
I personally find it comes in waves, and I haven't figured out the pattern. It is basically all losers or all winners.
Sounds like you get a diverse, maybe? Some good ones you get, but then those bad ones come in. But it sounds like you have a pretty good thing going. You win some, lose some. I haven't won yet. lol Hopefully that may change before I am 50.

I had my mother, and grandfather laughing. When I was in middle school, I did want a boyfriend, but never got any attention from guys--least not good. I was picked on, laughed at, and/or hit. My mother said I would meet someone in HS, there's lots of dogs there. HS started, and again, no positive attention from any guys--sans the trouble-makers and flunkies. I talked about wanting a boyfriend briefly, and my mother said college would probably be great. I went for a bit, but it wasn't working so I left that college, and plan to start over at a different one. While out getting our nails done, my mother said I would meet someone. Then I told her "you always say that, when I am 55, you'll tell me i'll meet a nice man at the retirement home." lol

Quote:
Confidence goes a long way. Try the makeup and hair stuff now! Don't wait until you are at your "perfect weight."
Well I lost 40lbs from my biggest. I am around 5'0. I weight 124, which isn't huge, but still too much. My parents say I am gonna be anorexic. lol But I would like to get to 110, but no smaller than 90 of course. lol

I am not confident, but I don't mope openly. I try to look nice, and if people come up and talk to me, provided they aren't creepy, then I can chat up a storm, laugh, joke, etc. I don't show insecurity and moping behavior in public. Nothing attractive or inviting about that. it's like another guy who seemed extra fixated on me, but he is very mopey and desperate. Needless to say it's not flattering. So, I vent online, and mope a bit when I am alone, but not in public lol And I don't know why I attract the guys I do, unless me being shy and quiet they think is good prey for an easy lay where i'll believe anything they say....wow, the, rhymes lol Bums? I am not one, so idk why. Thugs, I am not loud, or ghetto, so again, idk why.

But, maybe if I play around with my looks some, it may build my self-esteem.

So I am doing them all. Hair, face, and weight. I am going for red hair, but it's vital to pick the right color. Possibly the color Julian Moore has. My eyebrows are the only catch, and if a bit darker will be good with my skin tone. As of now, they are whiter than my hair, so you can hardly see them. lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 07-12-2014 at 07:53 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 PM

26,919 posts, read 28,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Tsk. Not to sound arrogant. But, I would say they aren't being realistic with that. lol I'm not Jessica Rabbit, or rich myself. But nobody is going to want a bum with no money that they have to take care of. Sans the ones looking for a trophy partner, and even then, you have to look damn good so you can be shown off.
Exactly. I just try very hard to be polite. But sheesh why would that even make sense. :P

Quote:
If you like this guy back, good for you. You're lucky. Only man who does things for me is my father, and it's not free lol
He seems like a great guy. On the up note all this flirting means I learn all sorts of stuff about him along the way. Hobbies, volunteer work.... It is like an extended getting to know you period. What's unclear is, I know he is a gregarious guy so what's friendly vs interested. Not super clear. I'll have to time my next visit perfectly to see if I can cinch an outing. He lives in my neighborhood but I've never run into him.

Quote:
Sounds like you get a diverse, maybe? Some good ones you get, but then those bad ones come in. But it sounds like you have a pretty good thing going. You win some, lose some. I haven't won yet. lol Hopefully that may change before I am 50.
I haven't lived in small town America (and if I recall you do). But if your tone is anything like the ones my parents are from, I can imagine the people who are still there are the ones with nothing going on. Moving, even to a small city, would make a huge difference. I get a mix, but it's been trending better lately too!

Quote:
I had my mother, and grandfather laughing. When I was in middle school, I did want a boyfriend, but never got any attention from guys--least not good. I was picked on, laughed at, and/or hit. My mother said I would meet someone in HS, there's lots of dogs there. HS started, and again, no positive attention from any guys--sans the trouble-makers and flunkies. I talked about wanting a boyfriend briefly, and my mother said college would probably be great. I went for a bit, but it wasn't working so I left that college, and plan to start over at a different one. While out getting our nails done, my mother said I would meet someone. Then I told her "you always say that, when I am 55, you'll tell me i'll meet a nice man at the retirement home." lol
In retrospect, I totally should have built a larger network of guys in college. Most of my guy friends from then went to the black hole!

Quote:
Well I lost 40lbs from my biggest. I am around 5'0. I weight 124, which isn't huge, but still too much. My parents say I am gonna be anorexic. lol But I would like to get to 110, but no smaller than 90 of course. lol

I am not confident, but I don't mope openly. I try to look nice, and if people come up and talk to me, provided they aren't creepy, then I can chat up a storm, laugh, joke, etc. I don't show insecurity and moping behavior in public. Nothing attractive or inviting about that. it's like another guy who seemed extra fixated on me, but he is very mopey and desperate. Needless to say it's not flattering. So, I vent online, and mope a bit when I am alone, but not in public lol And I don't know why I attract the guys I do, unless me being shy and quiet they think is good prey for an easy lay where i'll believe anything they say....wow, the, rhymes lol Bums? I am not one, so idk why. Thugs, I am not loud, or ghetto, so again, idk why.

But, maybe if I play around with my looks some, it may build my self-esteem.

So I am doing them all. Hair, face, and weight. I am going for red hair, but it's vital to pick the right color. Possibly the color Julian Moore has. My eyebrows are the only catch, and if a bit darker will be good with my skin tone. As of now, they are whiter than my hair, so you can hardly see them. lol
I think we as women get caught up in this idea we should save the nice stuff for when all of out ducks are in a row. Looking cute now does wonders for your self-esteem. . I've been dealing with al sorts of hormonal annoyances, and have a rotating 20 pounds that comes and goes. I want to lose a few more than those. But I still keep up my normal cute garb, and it works out. For me a cute outfit = better attitude. So i say don't wait!

Old 07-12-2014, 09:19 PM

4,549 posts, read 3,524,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly. I just try very hard to be polite. But sheesh why would that even make sense. :P
I guess they feel it wouldn't hurt to ask. But sometimes, you should already have an estimation of the answer. lol Like now. I haven't been anywhere today. So I am completely slouchy, a loose shirt, and sweat pants. I wouldn't go up to someone who looked like Brad Pitt, looking like I do now, and ask for their number lol

Quote:
He seems like a great guy. On the up note all this flirting means I learn all sorts of stuff about him along the way. Hobbies, volunteer work.... It is like an extended getting to know you period. What's unclear is, I know he is a gregarious guy so what's friendly vs interested. Not super clear. I'll have to time my next visit perfectly to see if I can cinch an outing. He lives in my neighborhood but I've never run into him.
That's great. I wish you luck as a fellow woman. It's always hard when you like a guy, and you think he's interested, but he didn't ask you out, or he was just being nice the entire time. Huge disappointment.

Quote:
I haven't lived in small town America (and if I recall you do). But if your tone is anything like the ones my parents are from, I can imagine the people who are still there are the ones with nothing going on. Moving, even to a small city, would make a huge difference. I get a mix, but it's been trending better lately too!
Yeah. This isn't a place with much going on. There's a small city near here, where I plan to move once I save up money. Apartments while going to college aren't cheap. It's got a mall, movie theater, and seems like a step up. So I do plan to get out of here. As you said, only people here are adults who are married, retired, or bums, thugs, or people not really going too far. My brother met his fiance here. But apparently, I am not going to do such, which is fine, because I always planned to leave here anyhow. No good started up a relationship that's gonna be separated eventually.

Quote:
In retrospect, I totally should have built a larger network of guys in college. Most of my guy friends from then went to the black hole!
Yeah. it's risky. From HS to College, ot College to graduation you risk losing touch. I lost touch with with people still in HS lol

Quote:
I think we as women get caught up in this idea we should save the nice stuff for when all of out ducks are in a row. Looking cute now does wonders for your self-esteem. . I've been dealing with al sorts of hormonal annoyances, and have a rotating 20 pounds that comes and goes. I want to lose a few more than those. But I still keep up my normal cute garb, and it works out. For me a cute outfit = better attitude. So i say don't wait!
Oh definitely not wait. Looking good is nice for yourself if nothing else. Sometimes I dress up, and think I actually look pretty, and it makes me feel a bit better when I am out. It's a great feelings. Look nice while ya get your life in order. For weight, everyone is different. But you could try crunches. I ate whatever I wanted--just not mountains of food, but all I did was crunches, and lost alot of the flap on my mid section, even though it's still some there lol

Old 07-12-2014, 09:56 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,170,343 times
View my pic~ I'm Portuguese, French, Italian & Jewish ...I tend to attracted many different races and their ages very, 20- 60's... I'm 50 ..

Old 07-12-2014, 09:57 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times
it changed when i retired. now they are richer younger very educated and always japanese.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:53 PM

459 posts, read 513,834 times
ok to describe myself I'm a lot younger than most here apparently. I have big lips like Naomi Campbell large and yes it's all real... I have a nose that's like Angelina jolie's but slimmer like nelly Furtado's like really slim but upturned not softer like Angelina jolie's nose. I have high cheekbones like Victoria justice and eyes similar in size totaylor swift or renee zellwegger. I have really really small eyes high cheekbones small nose and huge lips like a black girl's. I have green eyes they sometimes turn hazel or brown. I also wear blue eye contacts sometimes. I have complexion similar to an oliveish darkish color like baillee Madison basically. I am pretty short 5'1.5" petit 97 lbs. I am a top heavy hourglass. 32D(36)-23-33 with wide athletic shoulders and prominent thighs about 20" but no cellulite and an average sized butt I guess. My biggest flaw though is right below my belly button. It never gives my stomach a smooth look. But I have wide hips to smooth everything out. And my style is pretty androgynous. I don't like dresses I prefer boots baggy jeans dark hoodies and baggy t-shirts. I'm a total dude in presentation and attitude.

I tend to attract really feminine girls usually awkward because they tend to be taller than me. Usually 5'4" to 5'10" and usually curvy 110-172 lbs I guess I prefer curvier girls. Usually they're Caucasian or latina sometimes mixed between as young as 14 to as old as 30's. Usually they're preppy types bisexual especially as well. Most girls I've been with were blond blue eyed fair/but fake tan fullish lips nice smile friendly bubbly personality girly had long hair around 5'4" to 5'6" 125-155 lbs

like this

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

this is the largest

Guys that are attracted to me can be all sorts since I'm sort in the middle racially speaking. I get black guys usually the nerdy kind in college I get latinos also and Asian guys even and white guys of course. Usually fit tall what people would call attractive. I tend to prefer black guys for the most part. But I'm dating a white guy he's sorta preppy/nerdy type blond hair blue eyes tall muscular everything a man should be.

I am also a Swedish English German Spanish Italian Latvian and Cuban mix.

Oh and my hair is short and looks like this only a tad darker idk if that's considered blond or brown tbh.
Attached Thumbnails
Describe your appearance and say what kind of people are the most attracted to you romantically.-untitled.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or