U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 12:52 AM

832 posts, read 1,316,432 times

Advertisements

This is a good question! I've always wondered why I don't attract the male version of me--maybe it's true opposites attract!

Me: late 20s, fair coloring, average height, normal BMI, shoulders and chest large for my size, strong legs, conservative clothing, no piercings or tattoos...I get told I look Russian but I don't see it .

The guys who show an interest: immigrants of any age from Southern Asia or Middle East; Latinos of any race, age or country; U.S.-born white or black guys who are 20+ years older than I am; white guys around my age who have something "off" about them (e.g. mental illness, issues about sexuality, social pariah, extremes in physical appearance).

I am aware that getting attention from certain groups is like a free space in bingo. I really admire those people who wear their heart on their sleeve when it comes to romance and sexual attraction, but I know I would get in trouble if I act like that.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:09 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,309,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Here is my most recent pic.

My shoulders and skin are liked a lot by women. By tradition, we take coconut oil baths every week, so my skin stays well nourished.

As for who I look like, I leave that decision to you. I haven't compared myself with popular figures in terms of looks.

Adi, I need details on the coconut oil baths. I'm always on the lookout for a new beauty regimen.

Last edited by calipoppy; 07-18-2014 at 01:24 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 11:05 AM

7,932 posts, read 7,284,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Adi, I need details on the coconut oil baths. I'm always on the lookout for a new beauty regimen.
I don't bath with it, I do slather it on my body. Have been using it for the past year, I love coconut oil, great for the scalp and hair and cooking too.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:16 AM

6,947 posts, read 4,249,872 times
I'm white, black and Native American -- Choctaw and Cherokee, with dark hair, brown eyes, 5'9.5", with olive complexion, high cheekbones, full lips, big smile, piercings, and a lot of visible tattoos... or you can just see my photos.

I've attracted men or varying types of all ages and ethnicities, from classic nerds/geeks, highly educated professionals, creative/artistic-minded, tattooed/pierced, military. And their looks vary from below average to well above average (extremely handsome/gorgeous).

Husband:

6'2" white guy with olive complexion, dark brown hair, hazel eyes, athletic build (martial arts instructor),

Old 07-18-2014, 10:06 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,554,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Here is what I have learned to do:

Rub Coconut oil onto your hair and body. Preferably apply a bit more in proportion to your armpits and privates due to more dirt.

Allow your body to absorb the oil.

Apply Acacia Concinna extract to your body to scrub off the oil. Remember to rub on and wash off gently. Doing this is effective in removing dirt and dandruff absorbed by coconut oil.

Enjoy your all natural smooth glowing hair and skin . An additional advantage here is that this showering method ensures no need for a deodorant. Just spread on a bit of perfumed talc, and you are good to go.

I have basically given away my looks seceret .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-18-2014 at 10:16 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 10:10 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,970,128 times
Im a tall brunette, 5 9, long hair, big lips, big brown eyes
been told i look like anne hathaway, or julia roberts, or fanny ardant, etc

Attract all type of men from all ages, eventhough im 31 i easily attract 20 or 21 y/o kids (i look much younger) and of course 45 y/o men and older, and of course men my age.

Theres no type i dont attract

I can see myself looking like this version of anne:

a fuller one, with bigger breast, not the super skinny short haired of today

my nose is much smaller, though

Last edited by SophieLL; 07-18-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Old 07-20-2014, 01:09 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,309,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Here is what I have learned to do:

Rub Coconut oil onto your hair and body. Preferably apply a bit more in proportion to your armpits and privates due to more dirt.

Allow your body to absorb the oil.

Apply Acacia Concinna extract to your body to scrub off the oil. Remember to rub on and wash off gently. Doing this is effective in removing dirt and dandruff absorbed by coconut oil.

Enjoy your all natural smooth glowing hair and skin . An additional advantage here is that this showering method ensures no need for a deodorant. Just spread on a bit of perfumed talc, and you are good to go.

I have basically given away my looks seceret .
Thanks Adi!!

I love coconut oil on my hair (use it almost daily) but I am definitely going to do this ^^^^

Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 AM

403 posts, read 408,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
If you believe you don't have many people attracted to you then don't post on this thread.

I'll start.

Latino guy here and I get told I look like Adam Rodriguez quite a lot, have a similar coloration as him and I am 6"2. Get a lot of attention from darker indian and black women but I am not interested in most of them (unless they are the kind of indian women who look like Sunny Leone and Bollywood types but those don't give me any attention at all).

Also get quite a lot of attention from redheads and gingers which I do not understand but I am happy because I have had a lot of fun times with them. Some blondes are into me too unless they are the bimbo types with heavy tans and the ones doing their best to look attractive. The few Italian women I have met have loved me too.
Height: About 6'2" with long legs.
Weight: 140 pounds
Hair color brown (it's sort of wavy)
Eye color: Blue
Skin color: Pale

I'm Caucasian as well. I want a woman who is like this:

Intelligence: I don't care like some people do. I would likely get irritated when dating a woman who is so intelligent to where I can't keep up with what they're implying or trying to say. I love woman who have my level of intelligence as they don't expect much.

Personality: A woman who is kind and physically attracted to me. One who tries to make a relationship work with us both being passionate about it. They'd probably need to approach me, and I personally don't expect one to be famous or anything like that. If they're quirky but are extremely nice and not shy to me with excessive energy, then that would be a positive.

Hair color: I like long hair as that is what woman should have in my opinion. Brown hair is my preference (blonde is too pretty for me).

Eye color: Doesn't matter.

Height: 5'3"-5'9" (not many woman are 5'9" from what it seems unfortunately).

Weight: Don't care.

I am not shallow when it comes to physical appearance as long as they're around my age, sweet and caring (I try to be the same). I also am attracted to woman who are at the same time understanding of my issues and would remain patient with them liking the same stuff (also being able to listen for hours).

Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 AM

403 posts, read 408,726 times
I would post a photo, but it's more intriguing to describe it. I'm also shocked that we have a bunch of people who are are average height in this thread as usually everybody would claim 6'11" or something.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:47 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,898,098 times
36, 5'7, size 12, hazel eyes, full lips, medium length brown hair, golden brown skin tone, Hispanic. Lately I've gotten a range of men- doctors, company management, old men, young men, artistic men, nerdy men interested in me. Men of all color. I'm married to a computer nerd and love him to pieces. I don't have a particular type of man I'm interested in. I tend to find something attractive in 99% of men whether it be something physical or mental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or