U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 12:12 AM

10,053 posts, read 6,991,637 times

Advertisements

Full lips, protruding mouth with big teeth, upturned nose, big eyes and very pale skin (if you're white of course).
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 09:18 PM

6,893 posts, read 4,221,404 times
OP, when I think if feminine features, speaking as someone from the West, I visualize someone with symmetrical features, high or defined cheekbones, big/expressive eyes, petite or small/button nose, full lips, and small jaw.

I actually really like softer and more feminine features on a man, depending on the man. I've long had a crush in Cillian Murphy. I adore his features.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,673,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
OP, when I think if feminine features, speaking as someone from the West, I visualize someone with symmetrical features, high or defined cheekbones, big/expressive eyes, petite or small/button nose, full lips, and small jaw.

I actually really like softer and more feminine features on a man, depending on the man. I've long had a crush in Cillian Murphy. I adore his features.
Cillian Murphy has a very interesting face. I like looking at it too. Don't have a crush, I just appreciate his interesting face.

I think Ashley Judd has the feminine features. In her prime 10 years ago. She has the full cheek bones, small mouth with full lips, tiny upturned nose, small chin, full forehead, and slightly cat shaped eyes. Also Vivienne Leigh has feminine features.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 PM

6,893 posts, read 4,221,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Cillian Murphy has a very interesting face. I like looking at it too. Don't have a crush, I just appreciate his interesting face.

I think Ashley Judd has the feminine features. In her prime 10 years ago. She has the full cheek bones, small mouth with full lips, tiny upturned nose, small chin, full forehead, and slightly cat shaped eyes. Also Vivienne Leigh has feminine features.
Yes, Judd is lovely.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:01 PM

459 posts, read 509,793 times
Quote:

My features are sorta like hers more like a Jessica rabbit doll without the red hair.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:28 AM

735 posts, read 681,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I know a guy who now is a woman. When I met him he was skinny as a twig. 5'6" and no heavier than 110 pounds. No hips, no butt, no boobs ( obviously ). I moved away and the only contact we had was on FB. Now 2.5 years later he has gained maybe 10 pounds. He has a bigger butt and he has boobs!!!!He also changed his name to a female name so I guess I should call him a her.
I'm male, skinny as a twig for my height (about 5' 8" or 8.5" @ 120 lbs), not much of hips or butt, flat chest, yet people find me effeminate-looking. I've even been mistaken for a girl, especially in my long-haired days. I think lack of testosterone is why, but I never bothered to get levels tested because I never cared enough to.

OP: basically I think a round face, high cheek bones, soft features, well-fitting clothes, and shoes girls tend to wear can make a person look feminine. When I used to be annoyed about people pointing out my effeminity, I looked to butch lesbians for guidance on how to dress--leather jacket (for a while), flannel, loose-fitting jeans and Doc Marten boots. Basically a grunge look. These days I don't care as much about trying to look more masculine and dress unisex (but in a bummy, disheveled way).

Old 07-19-2014, 10:48 AM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:

Yes to that hot Irishman - saw him in Wind That Shakes the Barley.

I think the single most important defining facial feature is the jawline. It is the reason Jen Aniston will always have a 'Fabio' quality to me, because it is too masculine.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:26 AM

896 posts, read 863,710 times
haha, when i saw batman begins and saw cillian murphy, i thought that the directors had just hired a model (a great looking one at that) to do a quick role. i had no idea he was a real actor.

donth8me: yeah, same here. for me, i do not like strong jawline women like jennifer aniston and the worst offender sandra bullock. i like heart-shaped faces or those with a very soft jawline.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
I would argue high cheekbones are masucline

Old 01-04-2015, 01:31 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,779,911 times
There is no such thing as an ultrafeminine or ultramasculine face, because another ethnic group will always see it differently. To many Caucasians, Miranda Kerr is feminine because she has a rounder face with thick lips and a button nose. But an Asian might argue that she looks manly because her cheeks are not as full as Asians and they might think her nose is TOO BIG and prominent. A Middle Easterner might think her eyes are too narrow (a masculine trait). Someone else might think her button nose is more bulbous, too wide, and masculine looking. It all comes down to proportions and what the viewer is focusing on. What is considered "high cheekbones" to one ethnic group might not be high cheekbones at all to another ethnic group. I am white, but I grew up associating tanned Caucasian skin with the prettier girls and hence tan skin to me is more feminine.

Show me a photo of anyone, and I can guarantee you that I'll find a way to argue he/she is masculine or feminine if I wanted to. It all comes down to culture and what you grew up associating with male and female (most likely based on your own mother and father and thereafter the people you went to school with). People tend to be attracted to those who have at least one or two similar physical traits that remind them of their opposite sex parent (if you're heterosexual), but enough differing traits to up the exotic factor and avoid inbreeding. A white girl might be attracted to a black guy because, although he may appear very different at first, he might have the same nose shape, lip shape, and face shape as she or her father. Same theories apply to body types, if you focus more on bodies.

Compared to my mother, my father had a large, prominent nose in proportion to the rest of his face and that was the first thing I always noticed when I looked at him. So I am most attracted to men with large, bony noses but otherwise different coloring or different face shapes. You see what I'm getting at here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty