U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:03 PM
 
459 posts, read 509,793 times
Reputation: 131

Advertisements

I have always been told I have a feminine face too much to present as male... I think mainly it's my lower half of my face. I have full lips like Naomi Campbell like the average well endowed black girl high cheekbones and a smaller nose like Angelina jolie of old but slimmer. I was was wondering what I could do to like make my features less prominent? I have watched yt videos on how to do my make up to look more like a dude. And some of it works but my cheekbones and lips and nose still give the idea of a girl. I have thick eyebrows and really small green eyes something similar to taylor swift or renee zellwegger. So I have some more masculine features but I dunno what to do with the rest of my face? Especially my lips how can one minimize the size of their lips?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,471 times
Reputation: 1156
Generally fair/light, even complexion, small nose (not jalapeño, flat or wide), soft full lips, prominent cheekbones. It's not set in stone and varies by culture

Symmetrical features is probably most important.

Miranda Kerr is an example of a youthful, feminine face or Adamari Lopez. But then again Sofia Vergara has a pretty feminine face.

Masculine is Gisele Bundchen or Rihanna

Oh and as for minimizing. There is surgery for that. I just personally avoid red lipstick or lipstick period since it makes lips look bigger ha. Monkey lips (as a guy friend once called them) aren't exactly attractive ha

Last edited by coffeendonuts; 07-13-2014 at 03:27 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:24 PM
 
459 posts, read 509,793 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Generally fair/light, even complexion, small nose (not jalapeño, flat or wide), soft full lips, prominent cheekbones. It's not set in stone and varies by culture

Symmetrical features is probably most important.

Miranda Kerr is an example of a youthful, feminine face or Adamari Lopez. But then again Sofia Vergara has a pretty feminine face.

Masculine is Gisele Bundchen or Rihanna

Oh and as for minimizing. There is surgery for that. I just personally avoid red lipstick or lipstick period since it makes lips look bigger ha. Monkey lips (as a guy friend once called them) aren't exactly attractive ha
huh? what does fair have to do with anything? That's kind of insensitive since I wasn't talking about color but facial features.

I actually think black women tend to have more femme features since they have more femme face shapes and fuller lips and less prominent noses they not to be turned downward but upwards. And you basically described a black woman or latina.

Also I don't mind having big lips I don't think it's a bad thing actually I just don't like it being something so obvious that I'm a girl. No need to use terms like that.


Anyhow the point of my question is how to do make up to make the lips less prominent?

Last edited by justawkward11; 07-13-2014 at 04:23 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:33 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,471 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
huh? what does fair have to do with anything?

I actually think black women tend to have more femme features since they have more femme face shapes and fuller lips and less prominent noses they not to be turned downward but upwards. And you basically described a black woman or latina.


Anyhow the point of my question is how to do make up to make the lips less prominent?
I have a general response(that's why I mentioned fair skin, since it is perceived as more feminine), but I won't touch on the racial aspect since it's not a very politically correct topic and no one wants to actually admit to it

There aren't any makeup tips other than to avoid nude lipstick or bright lipstick

You can use lip liner to minimize the size but it looks obvious
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:35 PM
 
459 posts, read 509,793 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Tell me which are longer, your pointer (index) fingers or ring fingers? Check both hands, because on some people each hand is different.
My hands have a masculine pattern... That's why I identify as male. But I have done my make up to look more masculine. But I still don't feel it's sufficient.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:43 PM
 
459 posts, read 509,793 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
I have a general response(that's why I mentioned fair skin, since it is perceived as more feminine), but I won't touch on the racial aspect since it's not a very politically correct topic and no one wants to actually admit to it

There aren't any makeup tips other than to avoid nude lipstick or bright lipstick

You can use lip liner to minimize the size but it looks obvious

All the vids I watched seemed to have thin lips except two but one just have moderate lips and the other was medium to thick. But they both focused on their noses. The thing is I can try to do that but my lips still will look prominent it seems. I'm going to try something.

Last edited by justawkward11; 07-13-2014 at 04:05 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 03:52 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,025,471 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
Admit that white women look more masculine? That's why their men look more attractive? I find it funny the women you named all had jalapeno noses that were "femme". As most white women do have jalapeno noses. Js. A lot of the time I do feel white people like you can be so blind to the obvious.

All the vids I watched seemed to have thin lips except two but one just have moderate lips and the other was medium to thick. But they both focused on their noses. The thing is I can try to do that but my lips still will look prominent it seems. I'm going to try something.
No, white women aren't perceived as masculine. I'm pretty sure it's common sense which race is most feminine and which is least, of course it's offensive to say, but there was even a study published in psychologytoday on it.
Gisele Bundchen is the only woman I named who has a jalapeño nose. And not every white woman has a jalapeño nose. But it's generally a not so attractive feature in itself.

Anyway, you can continue the racial discussion if you want this thread closed. Cause it's not acceptable on this site.
Michelle phan has minimized the appearance of her lips in videos. You have to use lipliner to shape the lips as you want them, then use foundation on the outside of the outline so that it looks like your skin.

And then michelle has applied a pink lipstick to her inner lips which makes them look a bit smaller
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 04:04 PM
 
459 posts, read 509,793 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
No, white women aren't perceived as masculine. I'm pretty sure it's common sense which race is most feminine and which is least, of course it's offensive to say, but there was even a study published in psychologytoday on it.
Gisele Bundchen is the only woman I named who has a jalapeño nose. And not every white woman has a jalapeño nose. But it's generally a not so attractive feature in itself.

Anyway, you can continue the racial discussion if you want this thread closed. Cause it's not acceptable on this site.
Michelle phan has minimized the appearance of her lips in videos. You have to use lipliner to shape the lips as you want them, then use foundation on the outside of the outline so that it looks like your skin.

And then michelle has applied a pink lipstick to her inner lips which makes them look a bit smaller

To me a lot of people are blind. Actually most of the women who made yt vids about make up to look male were white and passed better... I personally think Ethiopian women are really feminine and beautiful. I'm not Ethiopian mostly European heritage just my opinion as is yours. That's just my opinion. I was just saying the women you named had jalapeno noses.

[Mod cut: personal]

Last edited by elnina; 07-13-2014 at 06:42 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM
 
8,089 posts, read 4,446,122 times
Reputation: 8711
get rid of the mustache
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2014, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
Reputation: 24873
Symmetry, how they present themselves.In my case clear skin, natural rosey cheeks, etc.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top