Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 10:27 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,662,809 times

Advertisements

Lately I've heard quite a few people say they can't stand seeing people wear visors, flip-flops or hip pouches. I never really thought about it, but now I'm seeing people wearing all three at the same time ! I do now think that all three is kinda messy and sloppy looking. However, I think if people dressed up a little more to certain places and less casual than it would balance. I remember, and not that long ago, dressing up going out for a nice evening, taking a plane trip, theater & ballet.

What do you think, would it be nice to see people dress up again or at least just a little nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 12:33 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,233,812 times
Depends on the environment. I have no problems seeing all three at amusement parks, for example.

I don't recall seeing visors or fanny packs at the theater. Perhaps flip flops, but I tend toward not letting other people's attire bother me too much, within reason. Flip flops at the ballet? Not ideal, but not the end of the world. A bikini? That's crossed a line too far.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:44 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,699,580 times
I think only young people do this.They are dressing like the 80's and 90's.

I wore an addias white visor to a field trip.I agree it depends on the occasion.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:48 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,001,042 times
I don't care what anyone else wears and unless you have body parts sticking out that I feel should remain covered, I won't even notice what you are wearing. Not my concern who wears what when and how much they spend on it.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:01 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,702,744 times
It depends on the type of gear. My Coach flip flop sandals are tres fashionable in the summer.

I wear my trashed Yankees visor to mow the lawn. The nice Polo one is for tenns and golf matches.

Fanny packs are acceptible for hiking and golf matches, things that require walking where you have to have ID and keys but don't want to be bothered with a purse. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one, but that's just me. I would go with a small crossbody bag.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:20 PM

551 posts, read 579,271 times
I don't wear them, but I think visors are kind of cute. I abhor when fratty boys wear them backwards like it's hot 'n' stylish, but at the golf course, or on a walk, why not?

I personally hate flip flops worn as shoes - that is, outside of the beach, pool, shower, pedicurist's. I'm talking the cheap rubber ones; I don't find the leather or fabric ones offensive since they are more "sandal -like." There's just nothing I dislike quite the way I dislike dirty, grubby feet wrapped in rubbery straps. I physically cringe when I see this in public. Maybe it's an OCD thing...

As for fanny packs I don't own one but I can understand the practicality. I'm sure someday some hip designer will create one that the fashion slave sheep will flock to...probably covered in logos, and overpriced by 300%, and...still a fanny pack. Well as long as it's Coach or whatever who cares right??

Old 07-21-2014, 01:06 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,806,993 times
I wore a fanny pack to the gym for my diabetes supplies. Id wear it if i was going to be out all day. It doesnt scream old creepy person though. Its slim and small like this: SPIbelt: The Best Running & Fitness Belt for iPhone | Water Pouch

I wear flip flops, but no visor.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,244,634 times
My favorite purses are the ones I can convert into fannypacks at will. And while I realize that they scream "tourist!" when I'm on vacation, they are also a lot harder for a purse-snatcher to rip off me. I also keep a small one at work to throw in a few basics while taking a walk at lunch.

I have trouble with my upper-back AND low-back, so convertible purses enable me to adjust them accordingly.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:34 AM

11,558 posts, read 11,999,136 times
When out walking I wear a visor. Why? Because I have serious eye conditions that includes photo-sensitivity, and unless it's a very cloudy day, any brightness adversely affects my vision (and I also wear sunglasses).

If anyone objects to me wearing a visor, too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty