Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 12:05 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times

Advertisements

I really dislike it. I'm not a fan of hair long enough on a man that he can pull it back. Shaggy at about chin length is the longest I find okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 AM

20,762 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post

sort of a bun
The front part of his head looks good. But I would go crazy with a razor on his whole head.

If the hair is so long that he needs a brush or comb, it's a sign it's too long.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
My ex had hair past his waist. It was thick and beautiful. I got to brush it out after he took a bath. He didn't like detanglers so he yelped while I tried to gently untangle. His beard was amost as long too, but he took care of that himself.

I like guys with long hair over the chopped off look. But I got to braid it and I think a bun would have been easier.

The most beautiful head of hair I ever saw was on a guy riding the bus. I didn't know it was a guy at first but it was past his waist and glistening smooth. He said he braided it in the summer, but liked to show it off. I was jealous... me with my baby fine blonde red which is lucky if it gets much past my shoulders without trimming.

I find guys with longer hair MUCH more attractive, and like facial stuff too. Give me an old hippy look anytime.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
I find it hot.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:50 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
I have long hair (down to my waist) and had to keep it off my collar my first day of nursing clinicals. When I noticed none of the other long-haired folks were doing so the bun went away.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:52 PM

19,756 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
I wonder if there's a fear that every man has a barbarian inside him, and by demonstrating that he's willing to conform to society's rules, he's making a promise that he's keeping his inner beast under control. Hence no unusual choices of clothing or grooming for those dangerous males.
I dunno. I wear a kilt when I go hiking. It coordinates well with my .44 magnum.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:19 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
Uhm let me say this. Men grow their hair for various reasons. Same as cutting hair. Cutting of the hair is just easier, and less focus and to be honest it is a lot of work putting my hair into one, buying things that actually is healthy for it, and being happy with the results. It is a very hard thing for most men to grow their hair at all. It is frustrating as well.

When you see the "bun" or "Tiny pony tail" or etc. You are basically seeing the result of somebody "trying to grow their hair" and they are "just starting out" or "not getting the results".

Men who do have long enough hair, will put it one, and the result is the "man bun" you see.

Asides your not inside a war zone.

To make things harder on most dudes. If I was a young man right now, and I was doing this. I would be a lot happier with putting my hair upwards in one. Right now I see a lot of young men, with their hair in one. Many men wants to have long hair period and it is HARD ENOUGH LIVING WITH THE IDENTITY OF A MAN, and growing your hair out.

To make things worst, just to make things worst. When you do not have supporters of your hair. It feels like the whole world is against you. Most men who grow their hair out; are getting the support from their loved ones. Most who are successful.

For me I just want a blasted ponytail. I don't want to style it, or deal with hair salons. But for many people; they do this. This is the main problem. Men do not feel welcomed to growing their hair out. I might cut it like a moron again.

Sooner or later when peace comes back again. We are going to see tons of men with extra big and thick hair like the 1960's. If not then the early 1980's. Hair is back, and soon women will follow the trend, BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS SICK OF THE NO-BOUNCE, ALL STRINGY HAIR. For once I would like to go outside and see women with nicely made up hair; because that is what is holding men back.

All the women nowadays have men hairstyles. To better say this WOMEN HAVE HAIR STYLES LIKE EAST ASIAN MEN. On tv to various media they have the most lamest garbage, hair I have seen in a long time.

Not just when I retire

Not just when I retire

I want to have nice hair too. Living with the barrier of media and the barrier of negativity towards men. Even from other men. It is annoying. I mean back then men had a DECENT. MOST MEN HAD DECENT HAIR. No perm just their natural hair with some oil inside of it.

But then again I might cut it, and just go bald ( by which a ruler can not go beyond an inch or three ).

Old 08-04-2014, 04:27 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
What is with this "trend" lately??? I see this all the time, men with their hair in a "man bun". If you're going to have long hair, then have long hair. Or wear it in a pony....what's with this "man bun" trend??????
I had only seen the title of this thread and wondered idly WTF it meant, but then I SAW one yesterday at the gym and thought "Oh my, so that's what that means!"

Old 08-08-2014, 10:46 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
I saw about 8 manbuns yesterday.
I don't mind them on the right guy. Some male chef friends have been known to sport the manbun at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty