U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM
 
632 posts, read 719,345 times
Reputation: 725

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Not with that outfit. That is a hipster and the ones in SF are mostly white. (Other places in the bay have more diverse hipsters). The Asian female uniform is either more fashion forward or more preppy in SF.


On an autocorrecting iDevice.
LOL. How would you describe the black hipster look? and the Asian hipster look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,894 posts, read 28,195,837 times
Reputation: 26034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
LOL. How would you describe the black hipster look? and the Asian hipster look?
SF only has white hipsters. Or 90%. The non-white hipsters are in the Berkeley and Oakland. They all dress the same.

The Asian women who live in SF are a bit different than ones that live in other parts. There are regional differences in the subregions here.


I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM
 
632 posts, read 719,345 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
SF only has white hipsters. Or 90%. The non-white hipsters are in the Berkeley and Oakland. They all dress the same.

The Asian women who live in SF are a bit different than ones that live in other parts. There are regional differences in the subregions here.


I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
I mean how do the non-white hipsters dress? Just curious of your description lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,894 posts, read 28,195,837 times
Reputation: 26034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
I mean how do the non-white hipsters dress? Just curious of your description lol.
All hipsters dress the same. White or non-white. But the Asian girls who live in SF are generally not hipster. They live in other cities for some reason. There are tons of hipsters in SF and pretty much all of them are white. You have to leave the SF city limits to find the non-white ones. Some live in my neighborhood or the ones adjacent to it. :P


I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 03:18 PM
 
3,409 posts, read 8,490,965 times
Reputation: 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
I imagine San Francisco to be someone Asian.
Well if you want Asian, let's make this thread international.

Tokyo - A beautiful petite Japanese woman in her 30's in a professional business suit with a short skirt, pantyhose, and high heels (in pigeon toes) or in a kimono.
London - A classy blonde in a suit with glasses
Paris - A fashionable French girl
Milan - An Italian model in designer clothes, Gucci purse, and stilettos.
Kiev or Moscow Beautiful blonde in a dress, pantyhose, and high heels.
Sydney Beach attire
Rio de Janeiro A hot Brazilian girl in a bikini.
Beijing or Hong Kong - A cute Chinese girl (See Tokyo, except for kimino).
Seoul - A beautiful Korean girl (See Tokyo)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
 
632 posts, read 719,345 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Well if you want Asian, let's make this thread international.

Tokyo - A beautiful petite Japanese woman in her 30's in a professional business suit with a short skirt, pantyhose, and high heels (in pigeon toes) or in a kimono.
London - A classy blonde in a suit with glasses
Paris - A fashionable French girl
Milan - An Italian model in designer clothes, Gucci purse, and stilettos.
Kiev or Moscow Beautiful blonde in a dress, pantyhose, and high heels.
Sydney Beach attire
Rio de Janeiro A hot Brazilian girl in a bikini.
Beijing or Hong Kong - A cute Chinese girl (See Tokyo, except for kimino).
Seoul - A beautiful Korean girl (See Tokyo)
I wish this were the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2013, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Philadelphian-transplant from Miami
2,301 posts, read 2,082,607 times
Reputation: 2590
These are my take of cities I grew up, lived and frequently visited for business or fun (5 - 10 times a month),

I would say Miami - young muscly Hispanic guy with Jeremy Scott wing shoes, muscle shirt from Desigual and sports car.

Philadelphia - super pasty white guy with hipster attire a la Urban Outfitters riding a bike and sporting ironic mustache!

Atlanta - african american lad with nice button down, nice fedora hat and probably Allen Edmonds shoes.

Manhattan - Helmut Lang; Helmut Lang; Helmut Lang and oh yeah...Helmut Lang...

Just to throw it out there:

New Mexico - a native american lady in her late 40s. Very nice and eclectic. Knows everything about art. Incorporating tribal motives on her clothes. Probably braid her hair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top