Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:25 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

Have you seen the show on TLC John and Kate +8? The woman had the sextuplets? She REALLY needed a tummy tuck and it came out looking fabulous, and said even though it was painful she'd do it again in a second.
She definitely had a top notch doctor, not some hack in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 10:09 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Have you seen the show on TLC John and Kate +8? The woman had the sextuplets? She REALLY needed a tummy tuck and it came out looking fabulous, and said even though it was painful she'd do it again in a second.
She definitely had a top notch doctor, not some hack in Mexico.
Good Lord! I can't imagine what sextuplets would do to one's body!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:21 PM

It does leave a scar.

You tube video:
Tummy Tuck

Old 12-31-2007, 06:28 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,566,765 times
Well, my hack in Mexico left a scar that is so small as a line on the palm of your hand! He did an A+ job, for sure. And he did it right where I had a bikini cut for my C-section from my son, so he didn't recut me at all as the tiny scar was already there. I am not complaining one bit about his work. By the way, he did his residency in America as many, many plastic surgeons in Monterray have.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Well, my hack in Mexico left a scar that is so small as a line on the palm of your hand! He did an A+ job, for sure. And he did it right where I had a bikini cut for my C-section from my son, so he didn't recut me at all as the tiny scar was already there. I am not complaining one bit about his work. By the way, he did his residency in America as many, many plastic surgeons in Monterray have.
Wow, that is amazing. Do some people or some skin type scar more than others?

Also, why would someone need a tummy tuck? Is childbirth the main thing that stretches out the skin? Do all women have stretched out tummies after having babies or do other factors, such as gaining too much weight and age, contribute to the lack of elasticity in the tummy region?

Thanks,

Greenie

Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Wow, that is amazing. Do some people or some skin type scar more than others?

Also, why would someone need a tummy tuck? Is childbirth the main thing that stretches out the skin? Do all women have stretched out tummies after having babies or do other factors, such as gaining too much weight and age, contribute to the lack of elasticity in the tummy region?

Thanks,

Greenie
Some people, and not just women, have tummy tucks because of the skin stretching and not going back after pregnancy, not childbirth. Or after loosing a great deal of weight and not having the elasticity of a young person. Olive skinned people tend to keloid (scar) more than others. All women do not have stretched out tummies after pregnancy particularly if they did not gain too much weight, were in great shape before and have very elastic skin. In some cases, sit ups are not enough to bring the tone and tightness that once was there back again. I had a C Section that left a little poch that only gets worse with age and weight gain and I hate it. No amount of exercise or dieting will bring back the loose skin and make it tight again. Only a tummy tuck.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:59 AM

Go for it, Puff....

Send us the before and after pics....

Old 12-31-2007, 12:11 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Go for it, Puff....

Send us the before and after pics....
You're kidding, right?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
You're kidding, right?
Of course, I'm kidding. That's why I had the funny face after my comment. Maybe I used the wrong face. I should have used this one instead...

In any event, I'm sure you look great with or without the tummy tuck.

Greenie

Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I guess I was blessed with a good tummy. No stretch marks or any of that stuff from childbirth, but I am also a total gym rat and remined so during both pregnancies. Not sure if that had anything to do with it though.

I know a lady at the bowling alley who had a tummy tuck. She did it as a means of quick and easy weight loss. This gal was very large to begin with, but did absolutely NOTHING in the way of diet and exercise. When her husband brought her home from the hospital they swung by KFC and got her a big bucket of fried chicken!!! They took out a second mortgage on their home to finance the surgery and she looks exactly the same as she did before because she refuses to diet and exercise. I'm not saying this is the norm, but I just wish they would have given me that money instead because I could have put it to better use!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty