U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:43 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,061,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
When her husband brought her home from the hospital they swung by KFC and got her a big bucket of fried chicken!!!
Good Lord!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 03:38 PM

290 posts, read 984,946 times
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in507987.shtml

The doctor in this story used to be a client of my fathers. He botched a liposuction on my mother (when he was still licensed to practice medicine in the US). He was accused of sexually harassing his employees in Florida. My father wanted to send me to him when I was 12 and needed a birthmark removed from my breast, and I remember just really, really disliking the way he looked at me and talked to me. I told them on the way home that I did not want him to be my doctor because I had a real bad feel feeling about him. He's been breaking the law for years and years and he thinks it's funny.

Anyway, I know there are many fine doctors practicing in other countries, but I would urge anyone thinking about doing this to be cautious and do LOTS of research before committing to something just because it seems like a deal. Needless to say, avoid the dude in the article.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,593 times
Red face Tummy tuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I had one in December of 2001. I would do it again in a heartbeat! My surgery was performed by Dr Mario Diana in San Antonio TX. I had drains afterwards for 2 weeks. I walked bent over for a bit and was very, very tight feeling but I could bounce a quarter off my belly and all of that extra baby skin was history! My scar goes all the way from the back of one hip to the other but it is very faint, and was done in the bikini line area. I got a new belly button out of it and got to pick what my new bb would look like! LOL I was warned that I would have some numbness forever but I don't. Six years later all is well. If you want to know anything else just ask. Best of luck in your decision!
I had the same surgery last week feeling pretty good, How was your pain level and when did your swelling go down. I was a size 10 before surgery and want to know when this swelling will be gone so I can be a 6. haha

Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 AM

45 posts, read 89,716 times
hey i am a man thinking of tummy tuck. which is a better place...dominican republic or south america...thanx

Old 07-11-2009, 11:48 AM

10,715 posts, read 22,325,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrynaLearn View Post
hey i am a man thinking of tummy tuck. which is a better place...dominican republic or south america...thanx
just a quick question have you thought of going to a personal trainer and a dietician to set up a work out routine and a proper diet to get the results you are looking for without going under the knife?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,543,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Have you seen the show on TLC John and Kate +8? The woman had the sextuplets? She REALLY needed a tummy tuck and it came out looking fabulous, and said even though it was painful she'd do it again in a second.
She definitely had a top notch doctor, not some hack in Mexico.
Some of the best plastic surgery I have ever seen is from those "hacks" in Mexico, while the WORST set of boobs I have seen is from a very well known PS in California (yes he currently has his own show....).

What makes them "hacks" in YOUR opinion?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,250 times
Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentine, Bolivia and basically all the countries in Latin America are very good options for people who are considering a plastic surgery abroad. It’s far cheaper, plastic surgeons are considered as the best plastic surgeons in the world and if you make a good investigation you can find very good plastic surgery packages overseas. I went to Bolivia with MakeoverTravel and this agency offer really affordable packages. For example I checked in their website for a tummy tuck and this surgeries would cost you 2600 US$.
It’s very affordable and I can recommend them because I personally went there to undergo my surgery. Members of my family and friends also went there and we are all very satisfied with our results.
However if you really want to travel abroad it’s very important that you take in consideration the time that you will have to stay in the country you will choose to go. For a Tummy tuck and breast lift I think that the minimum required time for a good recovery is something like 2 weeks.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 PM

506 posts, read 421,600 times
I am friends with a lady in her fifties who had a tummy tuck that went all the way around to her back. Two wks later she had a party at her house and showed me her stomach. It looked like she was thirty. and the 'scars' were so faint and thin that anyone would have thought she had it done over a year ago. But, then, she's wealthy and went to dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty