Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:27 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,648 times

Advertisements

I sweat a lot and I've learned that deodorants with fruity fragrances or fragrances other than baby powder/shower fresh do not mix well.

I actually use Certain Dri every other day and it helps with the perspiration, so there's less odor.

I was using Toms Apricot deodorant for the longest and it was just terrible.

On a side note, I've also noticed that when I begin taking cod liver oil, it becomes unbearable (the odor) and much more pungent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 11:35 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Most of the people shown seem to be living a sedentary lifestyle, IMO. An active lifestyle is a part of the equation for good looks. Once your body looks better, its easier to find ways to look attractive.
That's lovely, but looking attractive - even in your own mind - has nothing to do with sweating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
How about Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant? Maybe they don't sell it outside of New England? Never had any problem with it at all.
That's what I use. It works pretty well, although I do apply it twice a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
9 test subjects? 9? When did basic statistics sampling methodology go out the door?
Seriously ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
May sound like fuss but it gives me joy because it feels good to be natural & healthy.
I have a greater joy in not going out in public with oil stains on my clothing.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:14 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
So this is the same coconut oil that is used for cooking/eating?
Yes.

Quote:
Has anyone experienced any issues with it staining their clothes?
See post #36.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:01 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
The deodorant/antiperspirant that are produced with chemicals usually give off a bad odor if the chemicals counteract with the user's body chemistry. There are fragrance-free products that work very well.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:48 PM

813 posts, read 1,272,891 times
I used coconut oil for deodorant today. Usually by the end of the day I have slight odor but today nothing. At all. And I moved furniture around my house today, so I definitely broke a sweat doing that. Think I will use coconut oil from now on!

Old 08-14-2014, 05:08 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
I gave up AP a few months ago b/c no matter what brand I used, by mid-day my pits were nasty smelling. Gave it up and after showering I hit the pits with a little hand sanitizer and rub it in and by the end of the day there is a bit of natural odor but it isn't that horrid sour smell I was getting before.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:38 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I used coconut oil for deodorant today. Usually by the end of the day I have slight odor but today nothing. At all. And I moved furniture around my house today, so I definitely broke a sweat doing that. Think I will use coconut oil from now on!
Definitely gonna try it.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:13 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
Today with my coconut oil I used much less than I normally do, as another poster said she uses only 1/8th of a teaspoon and smoothes it thinly over the areas. So I did that today. Much better! No dripping excess. Pleasant fragrance underarms.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:57 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
What kind of coconut oil? Like, what brand?
Check your local grocery store or order online. There are different brands but as long as it's organic and virgin or extra virgin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
You said "I love stroking my skin after a coconut oil bath". Sorry, that sounds like a little more than checking for healthy skin. To me, anyway.
I think he should have used rub instead of stroke. He's rubbing it on his skin...not his ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Any brand that says "100% pure organic virgin coconut oil."

You can find it at places like natural foods stores, vitamin stores, Trader Joe's, some supermarkets, etc. You can also order online.
Yep.

Quote:
So this is the same coconut oil that is used for cooking/eating? Has anyone experienced any issues with it staining their clothes?
No, not at all. But I mix the coconut oil with baking soda and cornstarch. The cornstarch gives it the solidness. I've also just used the coconut oil and it still works. At first I was just using the baking soda but it irritated my underarms. That's why I checked YT and saw where you add it to coconut oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
Good for you. I've been using it ever since.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:56 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The deodorant/antiperspirant that are produced with chemicals usually give off a bad odor if the chemicals counteract with the user's body chemistry. There are fragrance-free products that work very well.
This ^^^^^ . . . I like Tom's, too. No odor. No stains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty