Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 05:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ummm. Okay.

I do not personally have this issue, though I do have stretch marks and my skin will never be "taut" without surgery. This is from pregnancy, not obesity, mind you.

My stomach looks BETTER when I'm not too thin, merely because the pregnancy looseness goes away with a wee bit more padding than the 110 I weighed pre-kids (in my 20s). Granted, I'm talking a little extra, not a lot.

Still, I hate it for the women who have kids and their husbands later find them disgusting. It happens.

It's crazy. It's not like they can help it. It's generally genetic.
You know what I find gross...a-holes. Seriously. They are gross. Thankfully most folks don't go showing off their a-hole in public (most, not all). Similarly, most folks don't go showing off their loose skin on their belly, so I guess these folks who find it gross don't really have to worry about seeing it.

I'll take my loose skin on my stomach anyday for the 4 healthy, intelligent and productive children I have given birth to. Heck, I'll even take my giant c-section scar...it was 100% worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 06:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You know what I find gross...a-holes. Seriously. They are gross. Thankfully most folks don't go showing off their a-hole in public (most, not all). Similarly, most folks don't go showing off their loose skin on their belly, so I guess these folks who find it gross don't really have to worry about seeing it.

I'll take my loose skin on my stomach anyday for the 4 healthy, intelligent and productive children I have given birth to. Heck, I'll even take my giant c-section scar...it was 100% worth it.
Absolutely. I have a c-section scar, too.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:49 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Well I agree Obesity is an issue, but to say stretch skin can't go back?? Maybe not completely but with using weights and excising and proper diet one can get in shape and gain muscle mass... Had four babies and with doing all of the above my tummy went back, maybe not to the washboard it was before, and no stretch marks...I'll soon be 51 my babies are all adults now I'm still in shape...So yeah it can happen...
Just depends on how overweight the person was. Have you ever seen the Biggest Loser or shows where people lost over hundreds of pounds? They usually have to go for surgery to remove pounds of excess skin. I think surgery is more for the morbidly obese.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:35 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Thats crazy. Nowhere in this thread has anyone EVER mentioned pregnant women and the effects it has on a womans body, so I have no clue where this post came from. Oh wait yeah i do. You're obviously insecure to be taking things personally that were never once brought up in this thread... ever..

No one mentioned what you're talking about, so you should probably start a thread here somewhere because you definitely need to get these feelings out..

I'm amazed your brought this up.. big difference between obese and pregnant, most ppl know this. Obese.. something people can help. . Pregnant.. a part of life.

P.s. theres plenty of obese women showing FAR more skin than my 5'1 115lb gf would ever dream of. Tonight at dinner she asked if her dress was too short (it was mid way down her legs, not bad at all) at wal mart a few hours earlier we saw an obese woman woth shorts so far up her a** I could puke. Then at dinner the obese woman next to us with a SKIN tight shirt on was dominating a massive amount of food. I could've counted about 6 rolls through her spandex appearing shirt.. so yes, they showed.. she was owning fries and beer while we split 15 wings and had water...

Old 08-30-2014, 08:36 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Just depends on how overweight the person was. Have you ever seen the Biggest Loser or shows where people lost over hundreds of pounds? They usually have to go for surgery to remove pounds of excess skin. I think surgery is more for the morbidly obese.

Yes ... The bright side is they are becoming healthy within...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Thats crazy. Nowhere in this thread has anyone EVER mentioned pregnant women and the effects it has on a womans body, so I have no clue where this post came from. Oh wait yeah i do. You're obviously insecure to be taking things personally that were never once brought up in this thread... ever..

No one mentioned what you're talking about, so you should probably start a thread here somewhere because you definitely need to get these feelings out..

I'm amazed your brought this up.. big difference between obese and pregnant, most ppl know this. Obese.. something people can help. . Pregnant.. a part of life.

Quote:
Furthermore, loose skin does not RUIN one's body unless one is a swimsuit model or a professional bodybuilder.

If so, there are a ton of "ruined" bodies in the world from bringing other humans into it.
Pregnancy is mentioned here in this post in a response to you stating that ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
It may not ruin the functioning of ones body,but it certainly ruins the aesthetics. Sorry, but having folds and folds of loose, hanging skin is pretty gross.
And then this ^^^^ was a direct reply to RedZin's post and I found it to be a pretty insulting reply.

Quote:
Ummm. Okay.

I do not personally have this issue, though I do have stretch marks and my skin will never be "taut" without surgery. This is from pregnancy, not obesity, mind you.

My stomach looks BETTER when I'm not too thin, merely because the pregnancy looseness goes away with a wee bit more padding than the 110 I weighed pre-kids (in my 20s). Granted, I'm talking a little extra, not a lot.

Still, I hate it for the women who have kids and their husbands later find them disgusting. It happens.

It's crazy. It's not like they can help it. It's generally genetic.
And then it was mentioned here ^^^ again. So...yes, pregnancy was mentioned. Maybe you skipped over a page or two? I didn't just pulled it out of thin air as you suggested. And just so I understand you correctly, if the stretch marks and loose skin were part of pregnancy, then they don't look unpleasing to the eye? How are stretch marks and loose skin different aesthetically after pregnancy than after weight loss? They look the same to me.

Maybe that's my issue.
When you and others are bashing folks that have loose skin, it's insulting. Of course I know it's not there because I was obese...but it still looks the same regardless. Yeah I get that it's gross...it's hard to not take that personally though. You can't see how someone that isn't "perfect" wouldn't feel a little bit of hurt by those words?

Old 08-31-2014, 12:40 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
That's because they lose weight at a ridiculous pace. If people slowly change their habits (that's what it is - changing habits) they will lose weight at a steady, healthy rate ~ and by extension have a higher chance of keeping it off.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:43 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
That's because they lose weight at a ridiculous pace. If people slowly change their habits (that's what it is - changing habits) they will lose weight at a steady, healthy rate ~ and by extension have a higher chance of keeping it off.
This is it. Gradual weight loss on anyone under 50 or so shouldn't result in loose skin if they work out 3x/week. Skin begins to lose elasticity after major hormonal changes.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:00 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Please don't attempt to speak for what all men find attractive just because you clearly like women thicker.

Personally, I'd prefer a woman with a round muscular butt and a small waist and small breasts over a woman with no butt and a big chest. I know a lot of guys that are the same. Thats how my gf is and she turns a LOT of heads. She is a bit curvy as she has a small B cup, but mostly due to her hip to waist ratio. She's not the typical definition as she doesn't have "large" voluptuous breasts lol.

What would be the cutoff size for breasts to be curvy? I feel like probably at least a D, or maybeeee a C depending on the frame and height. I think cup size should probably help define the term in more than just the number measurement.
That's not how cup size works. Cup size is proportionate to band size and has no meaning without it.

A 30D is smaller than a 38A, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I truly couldn't care less about "men's definition" of women's bodies or the kinds of curves "men dig." It would be so nice to take the horny, 10-brain cell men (and I use that term very loosely) on this forum and collectively send them out for a cold shower - why are there so many immature males on this forum that have nothing better to do than put their adolescent sexual slant on almost any subject? Could we please have a "mature" Fashion and Beauty Forum?
Agreed. What men consider curvy or sexy has nothing to do with how clothes fit out bodies! This is a fashion forum. I don't care if my WHR doesn't make me curvy because I don't have big boobs - it is a real factor when I buy pants & skirts! Women with big boobs & no waist/hip/butt definition have totally different clothing issues from me & other women like me. Skirts being very tight in the butt/hips & huge on the waist tells me clothing manufacturers consider me curvier on the bottom than the average woman, even if I visually look thin to people & can mimic a "ruler" look with a loose blouse.

I'm not sure why there has to be one narrow definition of curvy or thin or whatever. I'm not sure why all these terms must be mutually exclusive either. There is too much variety in people to lump us into 3-4 categories of body types.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:19 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I truly couldn't care less about "men's definition" of women's bodies or the kinds of curves "men dig." It would be so nice to take the horny, 10-brain cell men (and I use that term very loosely) on this forum and collectively send them out for a cold shower - why are there so many immature males on this forum that have nothing better to do than put their adolescent sexual slant on almost any subject? Could we please have a "mature" Fashion and Beauty Forum?
Yet, you ignore the women around here speaking negatively about the model in the OP. I guess they get a pass for their immature behavior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty