Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,801,948 times

Advertisements

I really do not know what is too much makeup as opposed to natural.

WHat does natural make up include?
Lip gloss,eyeliner,mascara,foundation for under the eyes,and eyeshadow?

Is false eyelashes considered too much makeup?
The only thing that i consider over the top makeup is heavy false eyelashes and heavy eye shadow. Red lipstick is another one that seems to heavy for most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 12:54 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,076,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I really do not know what is too much makeup as opposed to natural.

WHat does natural make up include?
Lip gloss,eyeliner,mascara,foundation for under the eyes,and eyeshadow?

Is false eyelashes considered too much makeup?
The only thing that i consider over the top makeup is heavy false eyelashes and heavy eye shadow. Red lipstick is another one that seems to heavy for most people.
this.

heavy - I think draws your attention to that area -- not in a good way.

natural - accentuates.

Prefer natural.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:35 AM

732 posts, read 965,875 times
I've seen women apply makeup with a near-natural look result instead of that face-painting look. They're talented to make the makeup look subtle.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,282,217 times
Oh, yeah. Because most men just love looking a giant pores, dark circles under eyes, sparse eyebrows, invisible eye lashes, and a deathly pallor.

When men are talking about too much make-up, they mean bright lipstick, dark-lined lips, sticky lip gloss, neon eye shadow, and fake lashes. They don't have any idea how much goes on BEFORE those things are added. Another thing men like: dyed hair. I never in my entire life got so many compliments from men as when I changed my gray-streaked light brown hair to blonde. Ya know, fellas, that gray-streaked brown was 100% natural ... but somehow you didn't like that so much.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:56 AM

483 posts, read 690,042 times
Agreed, I've seen this discussion and type of articles more than once, where it's been proven that most men have no idea what is and is not "makeup". I've seen much commentary from women who said "my bf says that to me and clearly he has no idea what kind of makeup I wear to get this "natural look", as she lists 8-12 products she slathers on to get said "natural look".

Saying it the other way is nothing more than a method of trying to make unattached straight women insecure, as they go about mentally tolling off things in their mind trying to figure out if they're not attracting a man because they're wearing "too much" makeup.

What men actually mean is "I don't like a woman who LOOKS LIKE she is wearing makeup." And even some of those men can be found complaining when their SO rests her cheek upon their clothing and they come away with clothing full of foundation, I've seen that multiple times as well - which would be the overwhelming majority of women who wear any makeup at all. I wear minimal makeup if at all, and when I do, any amount of foundation winds up as cake on the front of my cell phone.

Basically they had might as well not write this type of article without expecting the controversy from insecure and/or irate women who don't know what is being discussed, as at least in NYC the amount of women you will see walking around looking like Tammy Faye Bakker, are slim to none.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 AM

288 posts, read 203,831 times
If I didn't everything in my life,"because men like it" I wouldn't achieve anything of importance. I would rather stay in bed all day than live my life for other people's approval. Sometimes I wear alot of makeup,
sometimes I wear little make up,, and sometimes I wear no make up, It depends on how I FEEL.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:08 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,365,070 times
In the last year I doubt my gf has ever worn make up more than a few times a month.

Most of you here have seen some of my posts that seem rather "critical" towards women who don't take care of themselves (mostly exercise and bad eating habits) yet, I look at make up as an entirely different story.

I don't want to date a girl that has to wear make up to look decent, and a decent amount of women I see out and about I feel wear far too much make up.

My gf puts on foundation, mascara, and a little eyeliner when she does her make up. No lipstick. I hate lip stick on about 90% of women who wear it. It looks gross in my book. On our way to dinner last weekend in the car my gf was doing her makeup, she had done one eye and looks at me and goes "one eye is done, can you tell which?" And I could barely tell just because a very faint amount of eye liner.

Really, as I've said in other posts, a lot of it depends on the woman's complexion. Color of her skin, color of her eye brows, eye lashes, etc.

Nothing is worse than seeing a girls face where there is a clear shade of two entirely different colors between their jaw line and their neck.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,915,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post

Lucky for me, I don't wear makeup for men. So I don't have to worry about what they think.
+1. Here we go again. Yet another thread about how women look, how we aren't measuring up in the right way, and how we should live our lives just so we can look the way men want us to

Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM

692 posts, read 1,002,070 times
There is a huge disconnect between women's appearances in person and in mags and on tv. Looking natural usually requires a ton of makeup lighting and airbrushing. Looking Kardashian requires the makeup truck for the entire cast of Cirque du Soleil.

Amazing 'Before' and 'After' Pictures Using Only Makeup - mom.me

Old 09-04-2014, 01:20 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,282,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
... Most of you here have seen some of my posts that seem rather "critical" towards women who don't take care of themselves (mostly exercise and bad eating habits) ... Nothing is worse than seeing a girls face where there is a clear shade of two entirely different colors between their jaw line and their neck.
Wow, you poor thing. You must be exhausted from examining women all day to see if they measure up to your exacting standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty