Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:56 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times

Advertisements

I have a particular dislike for tats,some past girlfriend had 'em,I delt with it.But it all depends on where and how many.On boobs,a big one on the arm,lower back,or butt....I have a hard time seeing past that,on the ankle or somewhere less noticeable,I can deal with.

A girl with tats all over,looking like some biker chick......I'll probably pass on.It actually unstimulates me sexually that's how much I dislike them when they are big and or numerous.

My friend and I were watching some MTV reality show with a asian girl,my friend said she was hot,all I saw was her arms covered in tattoos.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:42 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
I like my body plain and unadorned. I had thought about having permanent eyeliner tattooed around my eyes, but even that is too permanent for me. There is no adornment that I need to have permanently placed on my body. Some temporary ink might be fun. I guess that I have no inner thoughts or declarations that I need to use my body as a billboard for. I don't need to broadcast my life values to total strangers.

And every tattooed person feels that they chose their tats carefully and with meaning, and that theirs are special and unique. However, to anyone else else looking at them, they never look that special or unique. To the average person, the majority of tattoos are common looking and very generic. It also seems like people getting tattooed get them for the sake of being outrageous looking and being seen as a free spirit living on the edge. They seem like attention seekers with their "look at me" body art. And that translates into coming across as self centered. Plus in time, the images fade and get stretched out. Tattoos never age well.

There's a person on another board who is currently 28 years old and just posted pictures of his tattoos, all inked when he was 16 to about 23 years of age. Now he wishes that they weren't there. But they are all now pretty silly to everyone looking at them. There's a flaming sun around his left nipple, then on across his shoulders on his back is "true love" in Kanji above an image of the last supper inked across his back. It's all in black ink only.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:03 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
It's all fashion, and fashion changes constantly.

Personally, I've known too many WWII vets who - to a man - said they regretted the tattos they got while in service.

And I'm a big chicken...I get stuck plenty of times for blood tests and don't want to get stuck any more than I have to!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 11:07 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Don't like them and not really into having needles and dye stuck in my skin!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:14 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,209 times
I don't have a tattoo because ... it's just never come up. I don't mean to be facetious here, but I've never had a situation where, say, a group of friends was heading to a tattoo parlor and I had to decide whether or not to get a tattoo. I have gone with friends to have our palms read and goofy things like that. It just ... never came up.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:22 AM

904 posts, read 2,872,989 times
Plain old never wanted one. Bodily adornment - tattoos, piercings - is just something I don't really get and never wanted to have. But if you like it, hey, that's cool.

I was actually raised in a fairly liberal household, too. I could've come home with tattoos all over my body and my nose and ears pierced and my mom wouldn't have cared much, provided I'm a decent person and a productive member of society. That's how I view it, too.

I've noticed the friends of mine that do have tattoos tend to have been raised by stricter parents - it's a pretty safe form of rebellion. People with more liberal parents more often regard tattoos with something of a shrug. Just my observation.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:27 AM

672 posts, read 5,822,348 times
I personally think tatoos are too commonplace--I read a statistic on some dermatology web page, I think, that said that 1/3 of the US population has one. Also, I think they look trashy for the most part. Additionally, I think that the process of getting one is unsafe--do you really know that these hole-in-the-wall tattoo shops properly clean and sterilize the equipment that will be going into your skin? You can get Hepatitis, not to mention other diseases, that way. So those are the reasons why I do not want a tattoo.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:53 PM

463 posts, read 646,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
I personally think tatoos are too commonplace--I read a statistic on some dermatology web page, I think, that said that 1/3 of the US population has one. Also, I think they look trashy for the most part. Additionally, I think that the process of getting one is unsafe--do you really know that these hole-in-the-wall tattoo shops properly clean and sterilize the equipment that will be going into your skin? You can get Hepatitis, not to mention other diseases, that way. So those are the reasons why I do not want a tattoo.
I know everyone has tatoos these days, to the point where they dont even mean anything. I hate going to a social event and listening to some drunks logic about why they got said tattoo. Unless its a story about how they saved a whole platoon from a firefight in the jungles of vietnam, i probably wont find the tattoo or the meaning behind it to be insightful.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
I never wanted to desecrate my body with them.

Not for me - Not against anyone who has them.

It's a personal choice.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
When I was a teen, it just wasn't the thing that people were doing. I saw tatoos come into popularity when I was in my late 20's... I just never had the desire to do that... it wasn't considered cool when I was in school...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty