Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
with a name like Viva la Juicy it's got to be good
It does smell good many can't figure it out.I also love bath and bodyworks red velvet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It does smell good many can't figure it out.I also love bath and bodyworks red velvet.
I like kramers idea of "the beach"

seriously, the sense of scent is very very powerful,

some scents on a lady take me back to many a fond memories....
I use to have some friends that would wear very outdated colognes (I thought they were just cheap) but they said ,,,,in your late teens love/lust is highly impressionable, and you do remember those scents..so these guys would douse themselves with old spice and brut 33 and they always got complimented!

Old 10-06-2014, 03:32 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,597 times
The best quality perfumes are very pricey---so unless you're living and playing in an affluent area where the young ladies can afford the good stuff, you're probably smelling scents that you can buy at the drug store, or Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. In that case, my best guesses are: Obsession (because you say musky), Juicy Couture, any one of the celebrity-endorsed scents (Kardashians, Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, J-Lo, Queen Latifah, etc.), or cheap body sprays (musk, vanilla) you can find at Target. The well-heeled gals will likely be wearing Jimmy Choo (no pun intended), Bvlgari, Gucci, or Chanel No. 5.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I like kramers idea of "the beach"

seriously, the sense of scent is very very powerful,

some scents on a lady take me back to many a fond memories....
I use to have some friends that would wear very outdated colognes (I thought they were just cheap) but they said ,,,,in your late teens love/lust is highly impressionable, and you do remember those scents..so these guys would douse themselves with old spice and brut 33 and they always got complimented!

I still like the scent of a manly guy wearing some Old Spice, but not marinated in it.

My total fave on a man though is "Paul Sebastian".

Used to work with a gal in the office who bathed in that scent "Poison", maybe it was an Elizabeth Taylor brand scent, dunno. But it was nauseating ! She would renew it a few times a day, until finally Personnel Dept. had to have a chat with her.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Miss Dior is a classic....

Also love Chanel No. 5, Clinque Happy, Pink Sugar....And Philosophy Falling in Love smells great but wears off so quick.

Believe it or not, I even like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy..

Old 10-09-2014, 02:52 PM

245 posts, read 304,191 times
Este Lauder's "youth dew" is a stunning scent to me, but not everyone likes the "heavier", musky fragrance.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
What do you all think of ladies' Calvin Klein Obsession? I know it's an "old" scent, seems soft & intriguing, a little goes a long way I would think. Do men like it?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,047,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Does anyone like Ralph Lauren's "Romance"?
I think this one is good. I think comes off stronger than I originally expected, but pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
What do you all think of ladies' Calvin Klein Obsession? I know it's an "old" scent, seems soft & intriguing, a little goes a long way I would think. Do men like it?
I haven't tried this one yet, although I have heard good things about it. I will try it at some point... .

Both are these are still popular to a degree. I think they may be less common among the younger ladies who may prefer the sweeter, fruity, or even gourmand fragrances. I can imagine the first appealing mostly to women between the thirties and forties, although some ladies in their twenties may like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty