Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:02 PM

6,611 posts, read 4,847,569 times

Advertisements

He's not horribly disfigured; obviously she knew early on after the injury that he could be fixed up greatly . The article is stupid in its phony life lessons and oozing looksism (including harping on some minor lingering cosmetic flaws). There are real, non-superficial, loyal women - she isn't one of them and is more deserving of ridicule than praise. Men need to quickly spot and call out women like that. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-29-2014 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Gross generalization; gender-bashing.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
what she means is other womens beauty does not matter or she does not want it to matter.
its like the ad saying--- man wanted for relationship--- no games
she didnt say she was not going to play games

Old 09-29-2014, 10:30 AM

24,241 posts, read 10,546,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Some of that might be true, but she talks too much about how handsome he is or was and oozes pride about that. Also, I didn't say all women are like her - I've seen stories on TV of "stand by my maimed man" where no superficiality showed. But the truth is, on average, women are more subtle about their superficiality than men are and like to act as though their gender as a whole is non-superficial (re the lack of comments calling the author out on her attitude). Consider this thread an expose. Giving guys knowledge so they can protect themselves. By the way, I don't want to be "loved" for my face.
Chip on the shoulder? Sounds more like a quarry!

SO went through some totally unexpected facial surgery and partial reconstruction. Now it is just a big scar and discolored surrounding skin. The first months were not easy - neither for him nor me. My heart goes out to her! He is not the same man and she learned to love a stranger and live with him.

Be my guest to be there when the nightmares set in, the screams, the reliving, the doubts about himself and those who stayed when he lashes out against everyone and everything. The one who is superficial is you.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:42 PM

6,611 posts, read 4,847,569 times
And another insult there.

I never said being with a seriously injured person is easy. I will say some of those people have a right to be upset at the article (one comment on Yahoo hinted at that). Husband seemed to recover better than most people in such cases, and yet there was the author obsessed about his looks and spewing garbage typical of a certain kind of woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.